Unregistered, You must accept the Forum Rules below to be able to use some forum functions.
1. Registration to this forum is free. You are permitted only ONE registration and ONE identity. Multiple registrations and identities will be removed at the discretion of the administrator. We do insist that you abide by our terms and conditions detailed below.
2. As a registered member you agree to receive news and administrative emails from Ceroc Scotland. If you fail to maintain a current email address with Ceroc Scotland your account is subject to termination without notice. Your email address will not be sold, shared, or given to ANY third party.
3. You acknowledge by completing registration that you are 13 years of age or older. Children under the age of 13 are NOT allowed on the Ceroc Scotland Forum.
4. You understand and AGREE by completing registration that your posts on this forum will become public and cannot be removed.
5. Please read the Frequently Asked Questions pages (F.A.Q.) to familiarize yourself with the forum and the way things work.
6. If you think a post is breaking forum rules or you would like it brought to the attention of the Moderators, please use the "Report this post" button (Warning sign at the bottom left of each post). Reporting the post does not mean moderators will agree with your views or take any action.
Mi casa, su casa
The basic ground rules for discussions on the Ceroc Scotland Forum are simple: be polite, use common sense, don't break the law.
Your behaviour here, and ours, can be summed up in 4 words: “Mi casa, su casa” (my house is your house). The Ceroc Scotland Forum is a place where it's OK to be yourself as long as you always act with respect for your fellow members as well as the moderating team. Our goal will be to treat our members as we would wish to be treated.
You are not expected to leave your personality at the door. There are going to be topics and discussions that will have heated debates. Please think before you post and re-read what you type before you post it. Keep your comments limited to the debate at hand and do not make this a personal issue between you and another member.
The administrators and moderators of the Ceroc Scotland Forum are working to provide a place where members can share ideas and debate in an atmosphere of mutual respect to create a community of dancers.
Despite our best efforts, some of our members often stray from this ideal and cheapen the quality of discourse for everyone else. Unfortunately, it is simply impossible to write a comprehensive set of rules forbidding every type of antisocial behavior. The fact that the rules don't forbid a certain type of post does not automatically make an uncivil post appropriate, nor does it imply that the administrators approve of disrespectful behavior. Every member of this community has a responsibility to participate in a respectful manner, and to help foster an atmosphere of thoughtful discussion. In this regard, we strongly advise that our members exercise a little common decency, rather than trying to parse the forum rules to figure out what type of antisocial behavior is not forbidden. We don't intend to censor messages based on the opinions expressed within posts, but we will enforce the policies outlined both here and on the Forum.
There are several moderators on the Ceroc Scotland Forum. Posts that do not belong will be removed as quickly as possible. In some cases a member's post may be edited. Generally, moderators will discuss the matter and try to come up with a solution that is appropriate to the situation. Usually, the member will be notified when this occurs. The moderators will strive to be as thoughtful and courteous as possible.
The Ceroc Scotland Forum reserve the right to remove text from posts, lock topics or delete messages without explanation. In some instances, the member may receive a private message explaining the Moderator's position. Issues concerning moderation will NOT be discussed in the open forum
The opinions expressed on the Ceroc Scotland Forum are those of the contributors and do not indicate any "official" opinion of the owners of Ceroc Scotland, affiliates or partners.
General Forum Rules
These rules apply to ALL Forum categories.
1. "Be Polite" Rudeness & Personal attacks directed against other members of this forum will not be tolerated. Any member who is intentionally unpleasant or disruptive may be banned without warning.
2. If you have a problem with a moderator, another member, or an admin, or if you have a concern about a site policy, take it up in a PM or e-mail. You can e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org
and I will work with you on a resolution.
3. You may not post adverts on the forum. Events & classes can be discussed and links supplied as a reply to a specific request, provided the requests are not artificially manufactured by organisers or friends. Any 'reviews' posted by organisers or crew will also be deemed to be advertising and removed at the discretion of the Ceroc Scotland Forum team.
4. Participants may not post on behalf of any banned member. This includes all forums, private messages, and e-mail features.
5. Participants may not post words or URLs that are censored by adding spaces, dots, or substituting characters; or by any other means in an attempt to defeat any censors put in place by the Ceroc Scotland Forum.
6. SPAM is prohibited. Any post deemed SPAM will be removed and the user's account will be disabled without warning. The board admin will have the final say in determining what qualifies as SPAM.
7. Participants may not bump threads. Bumping can refer to posting useless information, making corrections or updates in a new post, posting one-liners or any other action to deliberately keep a thread hot or to bring it to the top of its forum. Moderators will use their discretion, depending on the nature of the post, as to whether to take action or not. Resurrecting old threads to encourage discussion on interesting topics is fine.
8. Any posts that encourage illegal intent will be removed and the account disabled.
9. Hijacking threads (getting far off topic) for the purpose of discussing a lifestyle issue, religious issue, discussing someone's sexual preference, or bashing another member is strictly prohibited. Going off-topic on a thread will be dealt with at the discretion of moderators who may split the thread to continue discussion or delete the irrelevant posts.
10. Flame baiting is not allowed. What is 'flame baiting'? It means posting a topic or something with the intention of triggering a flame war, or one that invites flames in reply. It's equivalent to inviting someone to troll.
11. Keep your posts clean. Keep colours to a minimum and sizes reasonable. Do not use extra spaces / lines to increase the size of your posts.
12. Any attempts to defraud or deceive our members may result in your account being suspended.
13. Naming and Shaming of individuals is not permitted. Please use the Ceroc Scotland Forum to discuss actions rather than individuals. Hinting at the identity with descriptions will be treated as naming and shaming and posts will be removed. I addition, quoting private messages or Reputation comments on the public forum is not permitted.
1. All photos posted in the Photo Gallery become public.
2. Pornography, hate images, etc. are prohibited and will get you banned without warning.
3. Copyrighted images/photos should not be posted, unless a written release is granted by the owner of the photo.
4. Any material deemed inappropriate, may be removed without notice.
5. Pictures/images posted in the Photos Gallery cannot be lifted and used in threads/posts or for other purposes, without the consent of the original poster of the photo.
1. All items for sale on the Forum must be advertised using the Classified Ads page
2. Users are advised to verify product information with the manufacturer and / or vendor.
3. Inclusion of advertising in this site does not constitute a guarantee or endorsement of the quality or value of any products or of the claims made for them by the manufacturer.
The board signature feature allows Silver Members to place a signature that will appear at the bottom of each of your posts. Your signature can include personal information about yourself and family, links to pictures or your personal (non-commercial) website or page, a quote, etc.
Signatures are meant to be fun, please respect the diversity of this community and do not use the signature feature to make statements that are offensive. Inappropriate signatures will be removed at the discretion of the administration and the member in violation may lose the signature feature privilege.
1. Commercial links are prohibited.
2. May include two colors.
3. Maximum font size cannot be larger than 12pt.
4. Must be kept to a maximum of four lines (at 1024 resolution).
5. Signatures are limited to 300 characters.
6. We reserve the right to change and/or remove your signature at any time, for any reason.
Upon registration members are asked for a username to identify themselves to others in the community when they post. This may be your real name or any screen name you may choose but should not contain profanity or be a derivative of a business name or otherwise in violation of out Terms & Conditions. However, any username deemed inappropriate by the administrator may be removed and a change of username effected.
1. You must be a Silver Member to have custom avatar.
2. We reserve the right to change and/or remove your avatar at any time, for any reason.
Copyrighted Material Policy
Information copyrighted or owned by any individual or entity other than the member should not be posted on the discussion forums or photo galleries without the consent of the owner. If such an event occurs, the individual posting the information shall be held solely responsible. The Ceroc Scotland Forum shall not be held responsible for member-posted information that may violate copyright law. Please see our disclaimer (link at bottom of page)
Although moderators are held to a higher standard, they are entitled to their personal opinions and are not restrained from participating in debate and forum discussion. They are not required to remain neutral in discussions. Moderators are required to abide by these Terms and Conditions, the same as any member. Any attempt by a member to use the "Moderator Card" to try to restrict an moderator's right to free speech is restricted. At the same time, any attempt by a moderator to use his or her moderator status in an abusive manner is prohibited.
Board Policy Enforcement
Our Terms & Conditions are enforced using "Infractions". Members found to be in violation of our Terms & Conditions will be handled through the process below.
1. A warning or infraction will be sent via PM notifying the member of the violation.
2. Further infractions will be sent if the violation has not been corrected OR the member continues the activity in question.
3. The infraction points total reaching 10, will automatically result in a ban from the boards with the length determined by the board administrator.
While the above policies and procedures are the rule and we will try our utmost to apply them, exceptions will occur and we will act in whatever manner we deem necessary to deal with infractions and behavior.
If there are any rules or policies you do not understand, you may contact the Forum Admin at email@example.com
It is important to note that all rules listed above apply not only to the Ceroc Scotland forum, but also to all parts of the site, i.e., Private Message system, Forum email system, Photo Gallery, Classified Adverts etc.
Finally, any abuse towards our staff and/or management in any form, may result in immediate suspension of your account.