Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: You Whore Diana

Re: You Whore Diana

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    There's a princess / whore thing that I once read about. Basically there was a long-standing, much beloved comic book character who actually became a princess - and a different writer was put in charge and took her in rather a different direction. Apparently a large number of her fans simply refuse to accept that the stories he wrote ever happened. The writer who took over after that wrote an interesting article about it and how the fans felt that she could either be a fairy-tale princess or have a sex life, but not both. It's the problem with "labels". Rather than just accept Diana was a person, she has to be "X" or "Y" and obey the Rules that people feel "X" or "Y" should follow.
    It's the same as the Madonna /Whore archetype.

I don't think it will ever die out - too ingrained in our pysches.

(And what about the Queen saying to Diana that Aids/HIV was not quite the thing, and couldn't Diana support something more "pleasant").

Cool Re: You Whore Diana

Well it could have been worse... she could have called Diana a politician. At least being a whore is an honest profession

Quote Originally Posted by Twirly View Post
    I'd say it was of a far lower calibre than either the F or C words - just a rather more emotive word for prostitute, but not really shocking...
    It's a bit more complicated than that, IMHO.

You say someone is a prostitute in the same way you say they are a football player.

You say 'you whore' in the same way you say 'you bastard!'

Formerly known as DavidJames David Bailey's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shnikov View Post
    It's a bit more complicated than that, IMHO.

You say someone is a prostitute in the same way you say they are a football player.

You say 'you whore' in the same way you say 'you bastard!'
    We had this discussion after the killings in Ipswich, didn't we?

My view is that both "prostitute" and "whore" are used as derogatory terms by the media - one's cruder than the other, but they're both used that way I think.

Actually, I reckon "whore" could conceivably be reclaimed by the profession, in the same way that "queer" has been by the gay community.

Mind you, our wonderful Labour government is probably going to ban prostitution, because they haven't created enough criminal offences already in the past 10 years...

Ho is short for Whore.

Ho is used in the Rap music.

It's a bit like bitch, not really supposed to be derogatory, but it is to me - but that may be because of my age.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadful Scathe View Post
    A guy never gets called a whore no matter how much he may sleep around. And you have no idea how many partners she had after her split with charles.
    You're right, I don't; I also don't know how many she had before her split with him only what the media tells us, oh and by the way, homosexuals are called "SLAPPERS" and real guys are called "STUDS" !!!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DavidJames View Post
    And she died in a car accident, OK?
    mm we have discussed this haven't we DJ. Did she die in a car accident or was there something else involved.? And i hate to be picky but she actually died at the hospital. She was alive in the car.

Anyway, she was an old ho according to the latest news... so who gives a rats ass.

Well quite a few people do i think which is why after all these years she is still a topic of conversation..... talentless, maybe not.

Diana was a virgin when she met Charles and she probably slept with less than 20 men her whole life. Calling her a whore is an insult to whores. You gotta sleep around a lot more than that to reach 'whore' status.

I've no doubt in my mind that if Charles loved her and treated her right, she would not have slept with anyone apart from him.

I'd call her lonely and misguided, not a whore.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Double Trouble View Post
    I'd call her lonely and misguided, not a whore.
    To be fair the only one calling her that was her mum - how lovely.

I don't think Frances Shand Kydd would have earned any merit awards in motherhood. And considering she herself ran off with another man, and had two failed marriages to her name, and she was estranged from Diana, and she was probably a racist, I think we can pretty much treat her comments with the lack-of-respect they deserve.

I don't think Frances Shand Kydd would have earned any merit awards in motherhood. And considering she herself ran off with another man, and had two failed marriages to her name, and she was estranged from Diana, and she was probably a racist, I think we can pretty much treat her comments with the lack-of-respect they deserve.

Quote Originally Posted by Astro View Post
    Ho is short for Whore.

It's a bit like bitch, not really supposed to be derogatory, but it is to me - but that may be because of my age.
    And Santa was often heard calling for his 3 whores .....

Papa Smurf
    Blog Entries

Ho is short for Whore.

of course its supposed to be derogatory, thats surely the point As is bitch surely.

Yeah, in a phone call. Which was apparently why they were not on speakers when Diana died. This is in fact old news.

I don't think Frances Shand Kydd would have earned any merit awards in motherhood. And considering she herself ran off with another man,
    She was a battered wife. But the label "Bolter" stuck. There were quite a few battered wives in the aristocracy and they funded Erin Pizzey's house for Battered Women way back in the 70's.

She lost custody of her 4 children due to her own mother giving evidence against her in court.

She also advised Diana not to marry into the Royal Family, due to them being a cold lot or somesuch.

Blog Entries

Yeah, in a phone call. Which was apparently why they were not on speakers when Diana died.
    Hardly a surprise.

She was a battered wife. But the label "Bolter" stuck. There were quite a few battered wives in the aristocracy and they funded Erin Pizzey's house for Battered Women way back in the 70's.

She lost custody of her 4 children due to her own mother giving evidence against her in court.

She also advised Diana not to marry into the Royal Family, due to them being a cold lot or somesuch.
    I'm sorry, but I can't find any sympathy in me for any rich aristocrat - I know, it's a flaw, but I think the whole lot of them should be shot, it's the only way to be sure. I'm certainly not going to defend any of them - they're all scum, basically. That's the last bit of the unreconstructed leftie in me speaking

Diana was clearly also a bit nutty. It's also clear that she was not preggers, and was not even really in love with Dodi, she was basically just playing games - nothing wrong with that, but this inquest has at least demonstrated how truly dumb Al Fayed's conspiracy theory is. Even DT couldn't believe his version of events - accusing the Metropolitan Police Commissioner of being part of a murderous conspiracy? What sort of weird world is that man living in?

Papa Smurf
    Blog Entries

. Even DT couldn't believe his version of events - accusing the Metropolitan Police Commissioner of being part of a murderous conspiracy? What sort of weird world is that man living in?
    MF was quite clear that Diana was not pregnant OR engaged at the time of her death, it wasn't until later on he changed his story.

Even DT couldn't believe his version of events

As for Diana playing games with Dodi and not really loving him, this is what I think.

I do think she was playing games to begin with, but I get the feeling in last few weeks of her life, that she started to have genuine feelings for him. He seemed to treat her well and I actually thought they were well suited.

Lets not forget that Mohamed al Fayed lost his precious son. I can't imagine how I would feel if one of my children died, not only before me, but in the prime of life in a terrible car crash.

Its understandable that he wants to leave no stone unturned. He must have his reasons for suspecting someone was involved, so I think it's right that he should have his inquest, especially if it gives him better peace of mind at the end of it.

I'm sorry, but I can't find any sympathy in me for any rich aristocrat - I know, it's a flaw, but I think the whole lot of them should be shot, it's the only way to be sure.
    Uh-uuuh. You're thinking of 'taking off and nuking them from orbit'.

Blog Entries

I do think she was playing games to begin with, but I get the feeling in last few weeks of her life, that she started to have genuine feelings for him. He seemed to treat her well and I actually thought they were well suited.
    Well, maybe - it's all speculative. The only people who knew for sure are both dead - and even then, they might have had different views of their relationship.

Lets not forget that Mohamed al Fayed lost his precious son. I can't imagine how I would feel if one of my children died, not only before me, but in the prime of life in a terrible car crash.

Its understandable that he wants to leave no stone unturned. He must have his reasons for suspecting someone was involved, so I think it's right that he should have his inquest, especially if it gives him better peace of mind at the end of it.
    Actually, I said pretty much the same thing a year or so ago - here's the post.

He's having his day in court, the due process will happen, and then it'll be over. Assuming (wild guess) that the inquest concludes she was killed in a car accident, then that, to me, will be that. Any more actions afterwards by Al Fayed will lose me all sympathy for the guy - enough is enough.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shnikov View Post
    Uh-uuuh. You're thinking of 'taking off and nuking them from orbit'.
    God no, think of the collateral damage to actual things of value - land, buildings, etc.

I'm thinking tailored blue-blood virus here

As for Diana playing games with Dodi and not really loving him, this is what I think.

Whether Diana loved Dodi is a moot point. The CCTV footage from the night of the accident shows them holding hands behind their backs, so the security guy they were talking to couldn't see. They were clearly fond of each other.

But it's important to remember that they met only 42 days before they died. 6 weeks. Lord Stevenson found as a fact that on at least 21 of those 42 days, they did not even meet up. So we are left with 21 days on which they were in each other's company.

When they first met she was on Mohammad F'wit's yacht, and Dodi dropped in to say hello to his Dad; he was accompanied by and engaged to an American model at that time. So that's at least another couple of days on which - though in each other's company - D&D could not have been intimate.

The idea that in such a short period and after such a small amount of time spent with each other, Diana had got pregnant and found out about it and told enough people for it to get back to MI5 and decided to keep the baby and decided she wanted to marry Dodi is - improbable, shall we say. If for no other reason that she would have been all too aware of the effect such a precipitate course of action would have on her sons.

Thread Information