View Poll Results: What's the worst thing that someone dancing with you can have!?

Voters
124. You may not vote on this poll
  • Bad breath

8 6.45%
  • BO

41 33.06%
  • Alcohol breath

3 2.42%
  • Thumbs on the back of your hands

7 5.65%
  • No beat

27 21.77%
  • Stiff arms

6 4.84%
  • Spaghetti arms

7 5.65%
  • Too sleazy

9 7.26%
  • Doing unwanted drops/air steps

7 5.65%
  • Other (please specify below)

9 7.26%
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: The worst thing!!

Re: The worst thing!!

Quote Originally Posted by nebula View Post
    I diagree - I'd rather you smelled of hard-danced sweat, then gag on your un-palatable choice of deodorant.
    That's just wrong.

Please don't give these men ideas about not wearing deodorant. I think you are on your own with prefering sweat.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dave the scaffolder View Post
    I can fairly much fart on demand so we could set up the Trouble sisters and blame them for it.
    Sara White has experienced one of the best i ever did at her Sunday night class.

It was a fog of war fart, classy (as Caro would say, love you babe).
    XXX XXX DTS
    you wanna watch it DTS, us troubles give as good as we get

Quote Originally Posted by Double Trouble View Post
    That's just wrong.

Please don't give these men ideas about not wearing deodorant. I think you are on your own with prefering sweat.
    I guess that if it was just plain sweat it'd be OK (as someone said earlier, it doesn't have any smell). But the problem is, it rarely is just sweat - even over the course of an evening, it can morph into BO thanks to those pesky skin bacteria (and of course the hairier the guy under the arms, the worse it's going to be )

I did actually make a suggestion to Ceroc London about a year ago. You often see antiperspirant companies doing promotions giving out free deodorants at stations in London during the summer. I suggested that they get one of the companies to come in and give some away at Ceroc nights - we'd get sweeter smelling dancers, the deodorant company would hopefully get some new customers, and dancers would be reminded about the need for personal hygiene on the dance floor. But Ceroc weren't interested as there was nothing in it for them on the business side So basically, if it won't make them money, they're not interested, even if it would give their customers a better dance experience

Actually, even providing soap in the men's loo's is a bit of a challenge apparently at least the presence of it one night was enough for someone to comment on it. There is usually something akin to soap (diluted I think) in the ladies. I just make sure that I wash my hands regularly through the course of the evening.

Quote Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
    you wanna watch it DTS, us troubles give as good as we get
    Me legs have gone.
    XXX XXXDTS

Commercial Operator
    Blog Entries

The thing I find most irritating though is inapropriate clothing and jewlery.

Why do women insist on wearing rings braclets and sharp objects on their hands. I have scars on my hands from dancing with such women. A few on my face two.

Loose necklasses that take the eye out as they spin.

Open toe'd shoes. Dont come running to me if someone trads on your toe.

Ceroc teachers just dont mention it at all.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by woodface View Post
    The thing I find most irritating though is inapropriate clothing and jewlery.

Why do women insist on wearing rings braclets and sharp objects on their hands. I have scars on my hands from dancing with such women. A few on my face two.

Loose necklasses that take the eye out as they spin.

Ceroc teachers just dont mention it at all.
    hang on a minute. Draw the line at open toe'd shoes. Whats wrong with open toe'd shoes. They are comfortable and look pretty.

Ceroc teachers should mention that Great big fat footed, heavy handed, incompetant dancers who tread on toes should be stopped.

hang on a minute. Draw the line at open toe'd shoes. Whats wrong with open toe'd shoes. They are comfortable and look pretty.

Ceroc teachers should mention that Great big fat footed, heavy handed, incompetant dancers who tread on toes should be stopped.
    I thought me and Woodface were inproving in the dont step on the toes thingy.

Legs not back yet.
    XXX XXX DTS

Open-toed shoes are much more comfortable than closed ones I find, as I have so many problems with my feet (it's a miracle I can walk, let alone dance sometimes). And since women's feet tend to be much smaller than men's anyway, it's going to hurt when the numpty we're dancing with treads on them anyway, whatever we wear

Actually, after BO, the thing I find most annoying is other women's stilettos. And getting impaled on them

Floorcraft really ****** me off.

If i bump into someone i always apolagise.

If i step on someone i always apolagise.

Its these ******* that dance into your space then bump into you and never apolagise and look at you like you are the villan.

Had to walk away from a guy a couple of Ashtons ago as i was going to kill him on the floor. No manners and no floorcraft whatsoever.

Rude little *****. If you know who you are dont hesitate to come up to me and apolagise.

XXX XXX DTS
    Last edited by ducasi; 23rd-May-2007 at 08:32 AM. Reason: language

Commercial Operator
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Twirly View Post

Open-toed shoes are much more comfortable than closed ones I find, as I have so many problems with my feet (it's a miracle I can walk, let alone dance sometimes). And since women's feet tend to be much smaller than men's anyway, it's going to hurt when the numpty we're dancing with treads on them anyway, whatever we wear

Actually, after BO, the thing I find most annoying is other women's stilettos. And getting impaled on them
    I can't say from experiance that I have worn open toe'd shoes, but I do think teachers should say that they are not ideal. Esp for beginners as they tend to get trodden on more.

Yes it would be the mans fault if he done it but girls should be aware that it would hurt.

Saw one man once dancing in bare feet !!!!

Stillettoes do ******* hurt when caught down the back of your thigh.
    Last edited by ducasi; 23rd-May-2007 at 08:33 AM. Reason: language

Commercial Operator
    Blog Entries

And people who have converstations on the dance floor or just stand there watching.

If they are near me I delib give them a gentil nudge so they get the message that they are taking up, some times valuble, dance space.

Blog Entries

dont you guys know the phrase "Beauty is pain".

Why do you think we all paint our toenails. Its not to make us look pretty its to cover up the black toe nails.

Commercial Operator
    Blog Entries

dont you guys know the phrase "Beauty is pain".

Why do you think we all paint our toenails. Its not to make us look pretty its to cover up the black toe nails.

Ah ok. Just seems pretty dumb to me. All very well on a big dance or freestyle, but during the class with general numpties?

A few on my face two.
    You have more than one face?

That's just wrong.

Not not wearing - god forbid. If the partner you dance with has paid attention to his/her personal hygiene, then during the evening, however energetically they dance, the sweat just won't have time to forment into BO. Trying to cover the lack of shower with multiple layers of deodorant is what I categorically object to. Maybe I am wrong... hiding behind the bushes... but I would honestly prefer sweat to getting a headache and coughing fits from overpowering deodorants... especially the smells that I wouldn't recommend to my worst enemy...

That's just wrong.

Please don't give these men ideas about not wearing deodorant. I think you are on your own with preferring sweat.
    Quote Originally Posted by nebula View Post
    I would honestly prefer sweat to getting a headache and coughing fits from overpowering deodorants... especially the smells that I wouldn't recommend to my worst enemy...
    That's my point exactly. Next time we meet DT you tell me if I smell , ok?

Although I just had my eyes opened up a little here. I didn't actually realise that antiperspirants are ALSO deodorants. Here was me thinking it was like talc to stop you sweating and fairly odourless in itself !!

You learn something every day.. What bothers me is.. why did none of my RL forum friends tell me that!!

(I do use aftershave btw.. why I have no idea but it's the done thing to do. People ask me "Hmm that's nice what aftershave is that?" and I can only reply "Its the Blue one" "the Green one" or "the Clear one" as I can never remember which is which. They could all smell like vinegar for all I know!

( IIRC The Blue one is Davidoff cool water, the green one is Davidoff relax and the clear one is either Hugo boss or diesel something.. (I have two clear ones .. actually the more I think about it the diesel one is in a white opaque atomiser bottle.. and I know Twirly doesn't like that one )) Anosmia is such an annoying affliction !!

Although I just had my eyes opened up a little here. I didn't actually realise that antiperspirants are ALSO deodorants. Here was me thinking it was like talc to stop you sweating and fairly odourless in itself !!
    Unfortunately, not necessarily...

Commercial Operator

Saw one man once dancing in bare feet !!!!
    Done that before. Out of necessity, mind (sunburned feet)

I have not read the thread yet, but I voted "stiff arms" I am sooooo fed up with getting RSI in the shoulder. Dancing should not be a "fight"...

Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    I have not read the thread yet, but I voted "stiff arms" I am sooooo fed up with getting RSI in the shoulder. Dancing should not be a "fight"...
    Incidently, I voted alcohol breath, but seem to be in minority... shudder...

Thread Information