Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Your wasting my time, enjoy dancing by yourself, see ya!

Your wasting my time, enjoy dancing by yourself, see ya!

Last Saturday I asked this woman to dance who I had noticed hadn't had a dance for a while and look a bit sad if truth be told.

She acted like she was doing me this great big favour of dancing with me, as if!

Their dancing was crap, they kept looking over and smirking to there friend.
    She danced at arms length the whole time and was making me overstretch to keep hold.
    She wasn't looking at any of my signals and missed moves all over the shop.

As the long seconds ticked away I got more annoyed

I stopped over stretching myself and made less effort to keep hold so we were losing complete connection every second move and I wasn't moving to make re-connection.

I just thought this is terrible and I want out of here

Was seriously thinking of putting her into a spin then running in the other direction…

See ya later, NOT!

was also thinking it's only a few more minutes lets not make a drama out of this, so just grin and bear it

The song ended, I was free, needless to say her friend got the cold shoulder by association.

Just wondering if anyone else experienced this and took the decision enough is enough and just walked off and abandoned someone half way through a dance and did you in turn regret that decision?

Commercial Operator
    Blog Entries

Re: Your wasting my time, enjoy dancing by yourself, see ya!

I danced with a woman once who had done Salsa for years and was prob good at it but her MJ was terrible. She danced in Salsa timings.

I got her for a final lesson in to freestyle one night and TRYED to dance with her. Now I have patiance with beginners etc but this woman was tutting at me every time she was pulled out of her Salsa timings. She was also starting to try and back lead herself. Halfway through the dance I just kind of gave up and let her do what she wanted back leading and what have you. At the end of the dance she sneered something about "dancing should be for your partner. Maybe you should dance with a chair in future"!!!!!!

Anyhow a few weeks later I saw her again and in the freestyle I walked over and offered my hand. She tutted and stood up. At that point I grabbed her chair, took it to the edge of the dance floor and had a great dance with it, got a round of applause, took it back and told her I thought her chair was very good, maybe it could give her some points.

Have not seen her since.

I've had bad dances like everyone but I think I'd be very hard pushed to ever stop. No matter how bad it is, its not normally more than 4 minutes.

Ceroc N.I. Franchise Owner drathzel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisB View Post
    I've had bad dances like everyone but I think I'd be very hard pushed to ever stop. No matter how bad it is, its not normally more than 4 minutes.
    no matter how bad the dance is, unless i feel my partner may physically hurt me and my defense dancing isnt working, i just smile and get on with it because i am sure people can often dance with me and think "Oh goodness, please just let the song end" but they smile and dance on.

manners cost nothing!

Quote Originally Posted by DundeeDancer View Post
    ...Just wondering if anyone else experienced this and took the decision enough is enough and just walked off and abandoned someone half way through a dance and did you in turn regret that decision?
    I have, and regretted it ever since. Early in my MJ experience I asked a very beautiful young lady to dance to "Fever" by Peggy Lee. This is one track that has always made me wish I could really dance. I started out to do my best, but she went into "I can do triple spins, watch me" mode. She was totally ignoring the music. I could not handle the desecration of one of my favourite tracks, and mumbled "Sorry, but I love this track." and walked off. ( I know, I am a bad person. ) Up in my top 10 worst MJ moments.

It took a while before I figured out that several hundreds of young ladies (or more ) have had to put up with me desecrating their favourite tracks.

If my partner is ignoring me I try harder, and more "out of the box" . Usually I manage to get a smile, though often a reluctant one.

Sometimes people have things going on in their lives and cannot leave it at the door, and I just have to accept that.

Quote Originally Posted by bigdjiver View Post
    I have, and regretted it ever since. Early in my MJ experience I asked a very beautiful young lady to dance to "Fever" by Peggy Lee. This is one track that has always made me wish I could really dance. I started out to do my best, but she went into "I can do triple spins, watch me" mode. She was totally ignoring the music. I could not handle the desecration of one of my favourite tracks, and mumbled "Sorry, but I love this track." and walked off. ( I know, I am a bad person. ) Up in my top 10 worst MJ moments.
    You're a bad bad man and you will be going straight to hell!

Did you ever see the woman again? Does she still scowl at you to this day? It must have been a shocker for her but serve her right for just enjoying herself and not taking Peggy Lee seriously, some people have no respect

If my partner is ignoring me I try harder, and more "out of the box". Usually I manage to get a smile, though often a reluctant one.
    Hhhmm I have the opposite attitude here, no attention from them no effort to impress from me. Reap what you sow after all.

... Hhhmm I have the opposite attitude here, no attention from them no effort to impress from me. Reap what you sow after all.
    If you sow a little happiness, even on apparantly unfertile ground, you will sometimes reap. Still my best MJ moment was "I never thought I'd laugh again.".

Just wondering if anyone else experienced this and took the decision enough is enough and just walked off and abandoned someone half way through a dance and did you in turn regret that decision?
    I asked a guy to dance at the Marc's Garvey centre last year at Caz's birthday, he said with a sigh, I will but, don't think your going to do any of that fancy stuff, I seen you, and i'm in charge of this dance.

I won't ask him again, and if he asked me I would explain that I don't think we would get much out of the dance and it would proberbly better if we didn't bother.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Bartholomew View Post

Anyhow a few weeks later I saw her again and in the freestyle I walked over and offered my hand. She tutted and stood up. At that point I grabbed her chair, took it to the edge of the dance floor and had a great dance with it, got a round of applause, took it back and told her I thought her chair was very good, maybe it could give her some points.

Have not seen her since.

rep on its way

Quote Originally Posted by drathzel View Post
    :manners cost nothing!

aint that the truth.

have you seen her since?

we all make mistakes, front it out go up to her and say 'i'm sorry I was a prat' it take a big man to admit it, and if she dosen't accept it then at least you will have done the right thing

Quote Originally Posted by fletch View Post
    have you seen her since?

we all make mistakes, front it out go up to her and say 'i'm sorry I was a prat' it take a big man to admit it, and if she dosen't accept it then at least you will have done the right thing

manners and all that.
    Keep smiling, keep trying, if need be hand jive to the beat and enjoy what you can. She may come back some day and ask you this time, you might even find she has improved.

Dundee,
    where did you find to dance last Saturday? I should have come with you. That's two weekends on the trot and no Cerocing.

Quote Originally Posted by dep View Post
    Dundee,
    where did you find to dance last Saturday? I should have come with you. That's two weekends on the trot and no Cerocing.
    I was down visiting the big smoke, went along to a class at the Casbah on the Friday night and did the party night in Putney on the Saturday.

Enjoyed both nights but they both had there high points and low points.

It's great when it's not your regular venue and you can get up to all kinds of mischief

Commercial Operator
    Blog Entries

I asked a guy to dance at the Marc's Garvey centre last year at Caz's birthday, he said with a sigh, I will but, don't think your going to do any of that fancy stuff, I seen you, and i'm in charge of this dance.
    I get that alot after someone has seen me dancing with Claire. I always like to try and suprise them with a nice non-complex dance.

It's great when it's not your regular venue and you can get up to all kinds of mischief
    Tell me about it in Glasgow on Saturday.

Commercial Operator

I'm thinking he wouldn't be too keen on one of my 'partner dance is a 2-way conversation' lectures then...

You could always have taken a leaf out of Lee's book and handed him a chair to dance with...

I danced with a woman once who had done Salsa for years and was prob good at it but her MJ was terrible. She danced in Salsa timings....etc

Have not seen her since.
    I thought she attended one of your workshops, but hasn't ever asked you to dance again?
    Last edited by Tiger Feet; 11th-March-2008 at 08:15 PM. Reason: was trying to insert a link, but I couldn't...

Commercial Operator

I get that alot after someone has seen me dancing with Claire. I always like to try and suprise them with a nice non-complex dance.
    You get followers telling you they're in charge of the dance?

I've danced with you Fletch, and loved it. He probably didnt have the guts to let a lady shine in her own right. Am lloking forward to more of you "fancy stuff again soon"

Just wondering if anyone else experienced this and took the decision enough is enough and just walked off and abandoned someone half way through a dance.
    Good lord, no.
    On the other hand, a handful of times in the last few years I've suggested to my partner that Roxanne is a bit too post-modern for Modern Jive, or that the 20 minute version of Vem Vet has more stamina than me, or whatever, and perhaps we should call it a day. They've agreed, and it's felt like a bit of a relief all round.

Quote Originally Posted by straycat264 View Post
    I'm thinking he wouldn't be too keen on one of my 'partner dance is a 2-way conversation' lectures then...
    Well, a 2-way conversation is compatible with one person being in charge.

Quote Originally Posted by MartinHarper View Post
    *snip*Well, a 2-way conversation is compatible with one person being in charge.*snip*
    Keeping in mind that the person is in charge only because the follower has allowed them to be .

Quote Originally Posted by ~*~Saligal~*~ View Post
    Keeping in mind that the person is in charge only because the follower has allowed them to be .
    A good Follower is one who lets the Leader think he is leading.

Thread Information