Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Southport May/Jun 08 - Waiting List

Southport May/Jun 08 - Waiting List

Hey up guys! (and gals)

Just got off the phone to JiveAddiction who inform me they only have mens places for the next Southport. If anyone has space for a male and female, please let me know! - We dont want to miss this one!

Thanks
    MrBean (Nathan)

Re: Southport May/Jun 08 - Waiting List

Wow, only men's place already?! Glad I'm already booked for September as well!

Formerly known as DavidJames David Bailey's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Blimey, what is this, the Jive Addiction web site or something?

Strangely, one or two people who post on here may attend Southport occasionally.

Unfortunatly, Jive Addiction dont have an online waiting list - however seeing as I met a wodge of you at Southport, I thought you may be able to help?!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MrBean View Post
    Unfortunatly, Jive Addiction dont have an online waiting list - however seeing as I met a wodge of you at Southport, I thought you may be able to help?!
    Sorry, I wasn't having a go at you personally. Welcome, by the way!

It just seems that JA get a bit of a free ride from this forum sometimes - when, ironically, Ceroc weekender events have their own message boards and waiting list stuff on their own sites.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
    Strangely, one or two people who post on here may attend Southport occasionally.
    Only the fun ones

Quote Originally Posted by DavidJames View Post
    Sorry, I wasn't having a go at you personally. Welcome, by the way!

It just seems that JA get a bit of a free ride from this forum sometimes - when, ironically, Ceroc weekender events have their own message boards and waiting list stuff on their own sites.
    I don't believe anyone get a free ride in life, JA actually listen to what there punters want and some of the people voicing there opinions do it on hear.

There are some Ceroc franchisee that believe the forum has such a small voice its not worth bothering with, glade to see JA talk to us.

and IMHO get a rough ride from some who rarely go to there events

I have two issues with that...

The less important one first. You're more likely to get sorted out with waiting list, finding someone to book with for any of the weekenders on here than on the message boards - including all the Ceroc ones. Therefore this is a good place for anyone to ask about events. I tend to see a lot of 'spare Utopia ticket' or 'Utopia ticket wanted' on here, despite there being a board I presume for that as well. I also see Southport and other weekender spaces mentioned on Facebook. Its pretty simple - people are more likely to ask/advertise wanted/spare tickets where there are likely to be other dancers who are interested.

But more importantly. Is this forum a community of dancers who like chatting about dance and meeting up and dancing? Or just for those who go to Ceroc events? If the former then they have to be allowed to talk about whatever dance events they are going to and are interested in. Your comment of 'free ride' has implications of this being a place where non Ceroc events are 'extra' and shouldn't really be being discussed. (I understand issues of banning advertising.)

I'm completely fed up with these politics coming into everything. Good grief! People on this forum dance. They go to dance events. They meet other dancers there and make friends. They want to discuss those things on here and now a simple 'can anyone help?' from a new poster has turned into a JA vs Ceroc debate!!!

I have two issues with that... *snip*

But more importantly. Is this forum a community of dancers who like chatting about dance and meeting up and dancing?

After all, if it's just supposed to be a Ceroc forum, then presumably there shouldn't be any talk of tango on here!

I sowi!

I didnt mean to start a debate on what should and should not be posted on here!

My original opinion was that this started as a CEROC website but when reading posts, it has developed into a MJ website. am I wrong? If so, then I will gladly remove my post.

If not, then I would appreciate the opportunity to find some space at the next SP!

Thanx

Blog Entries

The less important one first. You're more likely to get sorted out with waiting list, finding someone to book with for any of the weekenders on here than on the message boards - including all the Ceroc ones. Therefore this is a good place for anyone to ask about events.
    Fair enough, I can't deny that. This is the main MJ online community, after all.

I tend to see a lot of 'spare Utopia ticket' or 'Utopia ticket wanted' on here, despite there being a board I presume for that as well.
    "For sale" items should be advertised in the Classifieds area - that's what it's there for.

But more importantly. Is this forum a community of dancers who like chatting about dance and meeting up and dancing?
    God knows. Barry, that's rhetorical, OK?

Based on the past couple of weeks, I reckon this is a community of people who either like arguing about religion, or like arguing generally. You'd need a microscope to spot actual dance posts sometimes...

Or just for those who go to Ceroc events? If the former then they have to be allowed to talk about whatever dance events they are going to and are interested in.
    And that happens. Incessantly.

Your comment of 'free ride' has implications of this being a place where non Ceroc events are 'extra' and shouldn't really be being discussed. (I understand issues of banning advertising.)
    The reality is, all this discussion counts as advertising. Or at the very least, as promotional. And I don't see any signs of this being reciprocated - there's not even a link to here from the JA website.

I'm hardly a Ceroc cheerleader - ask Rocky - but I do sometimes see their point. That hardly makes me a Borg clone, it just means I see things from both sides.

I'm completely fed up with these politics coming into everything.
    Politics is inherent to all dance forms. You should have seen the London salsa scene in the late 90s, that was Ego Central, I can tell you.

Good grief! People on this forum dance. They go to dance events. They meet other dancers there and make friends.
    Mmmm. It'd be nice if they talked about dancing a bit more.

They want to discuss those things on here and now a simple 'can anyone help?' from a new poster has turned into a JA vs Ceroc debate!!!
    I know, it's a gift...

I sowi!

My original opinion was that this started as a CEROC website but when reading posts, it has developed into a MJ website. am I wrong? If so, then I will gladly remove my post.

If not, then I would appreciate the opportunity to find some space at the next SP!

Thanx

Don't fret - this happens all the time. Welcome to the forum, and hope it's not been too bumpy and you'll stick around and join in!

I've just sent off a booking for me and two guys - hope they let me in, as I don't think the guys will be going without me! Have e-mailed them to check. Was really looking forward to it too...

Blog Entries

I sowi!

Don't worry, it's me who's Warping Man

You didn't start any debate, you just asked a simple and reasonable question. Ignore all the other stuff.

My original opinion was that this started as a CEROC website but when reading posts, it has developed into a MJ website.
    That was how I see this site as well. And some people even talk about tango on here too!

Hope someone can help and you get the places you need.

Quote Originally Posted by Twirly View Post
    Don't fret - this happens all the time. Welcome to the forum, and hope it's not been too bumpy and you'll stick around and join in!

I've just sent off a booking for me and two guys - hope they let me in, as I don't think the guys will be going without me! Have e-mailed them to check. Was really looking forward to it too...
    Thanks for the welcome! being a noob on here, but a dancer for some time, its quite confusing who is who!! I prob know some of you from the weekenders - just none via your addy! Half the fun of it I spose!!!

Good grief!

careful there, you're turning into DJ

People on this forum dance. They go to dance events. They meet other dancers there and make friends.
    do you really expect DJ to get that ?

Ladies' tickets gone already? Dammit! In case there's more than one lady lurking with a ticket she can't use, I'd like to put myself next in line, i'd pay full price obviously.

Any offers (well, of tickets only) gratefully received.
    Cheers,
    Emma

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Caro View Post
    do you really expect DJ to get that ?
    I have enough friends. I need to develop some really good enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by emmac View Post
    Ladies' tickets gone already? Dammit! In case there's more than one lady lurking with a ticket she can't use, I'd like to put myself next in line, i'd pay full price obviously.

Any offers (well, of tickets only) gratefully received.
    Cheers,
    Emma
    The ladies only tickets had gone when i booked for June on the saturday at Southport just gone

I was asked by two ladies in the queue if they could use my name but they didnt want to share an appartment

I booked with my partner but now i understand there is only male only places left ?? That would imply a very big gender imbalance at present and they cant afford to have any more women book even with a man ??

This is getting silly

1500 places , 85% sold ie 1275

225 places left all men so we have 750 ladies plus big waiting list and 525 men so far ?

and all those extra men in the main ball room at 3.30am on saturday and no one to dance with

Perhaps we should go back to healthy 2-1 ratio ?

Dickie Davies' love-child Cruella's Avatar

Mmmm. It'd be nice if they talked about dancing a bit more.
    Some prefer to actually dance, than to just talk about it.

Thread Information