Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Commercial Operator

Commercial Operator

Re: Commercial Operator

My thought is that both words in Commercial Operator have a slightly negative feel to them. I think the Commercial Operator tag is used to differentiate us from Franchisee, Ceroc Teacher and Ceroc DJ.

How about using the word "Independent"? We could then be "Independent Organiser", "Independent Teacher" or "Independent DJ". We'd still be differentiated from the Ceroc fold, but wouldn't sound like we were in it just for the money.

Commercial Operator

Quote Originally Posted by Andy McGregor View Post
    My thought is that both words in Commercial Operator have a slightly negative feel to them. I think the Commercial Operator tag is used to differentiate us from Franchisee, Ceroc Teacher and Ceroc DJ.

How about using the word "Independent"? We could then be "Independent Organiser", "Independent Teacher" or "Independent DJ".

How about using the word "Independent"? We could then be "Independent Organiser", "Independent Teacher" or "Independent DJ". We'd still be differentiated from the Ceroc fold, but wouldn't sound like we were in it just for the money.

I'd second that

Sounds good to me.

M

The sacfice of Morris Dancers is not an act of faith, it is a service to the World of Dance. Your only mistake is limiting sacrificial days to once every 12 months. Get with the programme, sacrifice a Morris Dancer today
    Watch it Mr McGregor - my parents are Morris Dancers! You could try the 'hate the dance, love the dancer' approach - I find it works for me!

x

I do not see any problem with "Commercial operator", and have not yet heard a term that I prefer.

Not all "Commercial Operators" are "Independent".
    Let your mind go and your body will follow. – Steve Martin, LA Story

Might be a bit long, but how about:

"Takes money for what others do for love"

Commercial Operator

The thing I don't like about the "Commercial Operator" tag is that the "Commercial" implies I make a living out of it. But I certainly wouldn't be doing what I do if I had to make a living out of it!

Greg

I have a large commercial lorry does that make me a commercial operator.

I also have an operators license for a commercial vehicle can i join the club?

XXX XXX

Commercial Operator

Like it - sounds great!

Commercial Operator

Quote Originally Posted by ducasi View Post
    Not all "Commercial Operators" are "Independent".
    As this is the Scottish Ceroc Forum I think that all those who are part of Ceroc are listed as such - therefore all those currently listed as "Commercial Operators" are "Independent" of Ceroc.

As this is the Scottish Ceroc Forum I think that all those who are part of Ceroc are listed as such - therefore all those currently listed as "Commercial Operators" are "Independent" of Ceroc.
    Just a few examples...

http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/m...e-allsopp.html
    http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/m.../bradders.html
    http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/members/rocky.html

Certainly, some Ceroc-related people are not listed as Commercial Operators, but many are.
    Let your mind go and your body will follow. – Steve Martin, LA Story

Commercial Operator

Just a few examples...

http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/m...e-allsopp.html
    http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/m.../bradders.html
    http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/members/rocky.html

Certainly, some Ceroc-related people are not listed as Commercial Operators, but many are.
    I would say that knowing somebody is part of the Ceroc family is more important in this forum than knowing that they are not part of the Ceroc family. Surely it's an oversight that Mike, Bradders and Rocky are not lised as Ceroc *****

the term "operator" does imply a person who is less than straight. "She's a smart operator" implies she is some how manipulative. "Cool operator" is quite different though
    Say how about the tag of "Cool Commercial Operator"
    Would that please?

Commercial Operator

This is not an official policy statement – just my personal opinion.

On the forum, it is sometimes useful to know where people are coming from – especially on "Social Events" threads. A punter might have a slightly different agenda to an organiser, or someone else making money out of the success or otherwise of an event. So, it makes some sense to identify people who aren't just punters...

As for the actual wording, I agree it doesn't sound especially nice, but putting things like "Independent MJ teacher and DJ" below someone's name seems to turn each post they make into a mini-advert, which is probably not what is wanted...

If someone can think of a more pleasing title which captures all aspects of the commercial side of the dance world, perhaps Franck can be persuaded to change it...

Don't count on it though.
    I've said from day one that I wasn't happy with the title.

With regard to what Ducasi said, it actually went the other way for me. I posted where I was going in a social thread as Jo Punter, but it seemed to be read as an advert because I'm a "C.Op", which was a little sad and unnecessary.

As for "commercial." As Sheepy alluded to, some are more comercially minded than others. There are still many COps who do it for love, and not for the money. Smile.... "All COps are commercial, but some are more commercial than others." Orwell.

Commercial Operator

Quote Originally Posted by Sparkles View Post
    - but something tells me you'll have to put up a fight to get it changed, ....
    I thought I was! And no one noticed? How emasculating. The forum equivalent of being asked 'is it in yet?'

Commercial Operator

On the forum, it is sometimes useful to know where people are coming from – especially on "Social Events" threads.
    When is the last time I posted in the Social Events thread? That’s just talking for myself. I don't care about any of those other commercial operators. They are all dirty capitalists who should to be tagged gagged and bagged. I’m holier than thou, and I’ve never even met him. Anyway, isn’t that what the profile page is for? You can see where someone is coming from and more on their personal page.

If someone can think of a more pleasing title which captures all aspects of the commercial side of the dance world...
    I wouldn't mind a title that captures the commercial side of the dance world, but that title excludes anything except the commercial side. Simply 'organizer' would be okay, I guess. But I am also a teacher, a student, a customer, an observer and philanthropist. That last one may be hard to justify, but its worth remembering as a high point earner in scrabble, and useful if you suddenly ever need a word to rhyme with narcissist.

My point is, um, what is my point? I guess I have no point. Which is my point. I’m round. Multi faceted. There are many parts to me. Un tag me. Unchain me. Set me free. let me fly in the wind, free as a bird. Or at least let me run in circles whilst flapping my arms and squawking like a chicken. What’s the worst that can happen?

Quote Originally Posted by Amir View Post

My point is, um, what is my point? I guess I have no point. Which is my point. I’m round. Multi faceted. There are many parts to me. Un tag me. Unchain me. Set me free. let me fly in the wind, free as a bird. Or at least let me run in circles whilst flapping my arms and squawking like a chicken. What’s the worst that can happen?

You been at the cooking sherry again dear? Never mind - nice cup o' tea and you'll feel right as rain in the morning.

Quote Originally Posted by LMC View Post
    Might be a bit long, but how about:

"Takes money for what others do for love"
    Prostitute?

Thread Information