• PM me details

1 7.69%
  • Time & money stops me doing another wkender

1 7.69%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Party Weekender Warmwell Nov06

Party Weekender Warmwell Nov06

Anyone going to this ? First weekend in November

Party Weekend is different from the Ceroc and JiveTime weekends as there are live bands and they allow children

I have just booked with my mate Shirley and a newbie dancer named Patrick

I haven't been to Warmwell for about 3 years so looking forward to it !
    Last edited by Minnie M; 9th-October-2006 at 10:19 PM.

--ooOoo--
    Age is a question of mind over matter, if you don't mind, it doesn't matter
    Leroy (Satchel) Paige (1906-1982)

Mickey Mouse's girlfriend, Minnie, made her film debut, along with Mickey, in "Steamboat Willie" on November 18, 1928.
    That date is recognized as her official birthday.

The Forum Legend

Re: Party Weekender Warmwell Nov06

Quote Originally Posted by Minnie M View Post
    Party Weekend is different from the Ceroc and JiveTime weekends as there are live bands and they allow children
    And there's much less dancing, and a lot more of the drinking & party atmosphere (having said that, I did enjoy the ones I went on - oh, about 5 years ago now!).

Quote Originally Posted by TheTramp View Post
    And there's much less dancing, and a lot more of the drinking & party atmosphere (having said that, I did enjoy the ones I went on - oh, about 5 years ago now!).
    very true, the dancing finishes at 2am and people go back the their detached log cabins (yes they are fab) to carry on partying .................

But the main difference is that you can take children - and there are talent contests / Karioke and fancy dress competitions which all the children can and do join in as well as the children can join in the classes (mostly in a separate area) if they wish

The strange thing is that they don't seem to get in the way on the dance floor - must be because there are lots of other things they can do (including roller skating and the dry sky slope etc) and they are worn out in the evening so go to bed OR maybe they are having their own parties

--ooOoo--

Mickey Mouse's girlfriend, Minnie, made her film debut, along with Mickey, in "Steamboat Willie" on November 18, 1928.

Anyone going to this ? First weekend in November

I have just booked with my mate Shirley and a newbie dancer named Patrick

I haven't been to Warmwell for about 3 years so looking forward to it !
    I go twice a year every year loads of friends there see you there MinnieM

Quote Originally Posted by TheTramp View Post
    Totally agree, 1 dancefloor with 20% Rock n Roll & 10% lindy plus bands so you tend to sit out more and chat/drink.

very true, the dancing finishes at 2am and people go back the their detached log cabins (yes they are fab) to carry on partying .................

But the main difference is that you can take children - and there are talent contests / Karioke and fancy dress competitions which all the children can and do join in as well as the children can join in the classes (mostly in a separate area) if they wish

The strange thing is that they don't seem to get in the way on the dance floor - must be because there are lots of other things they can do (including roller skating and the dry sky slope etc) and they are worn out in the evening so go to bed OR maybe they are having their own parties
    We party till 5am back in the challets though!!

MinnieM you all will be very welcome to join us, but sure you must know the party people already.

Know many parents and they arrange informal kids groups plus organisors have kids of verying ages too.

A very different weekend, but lots of fun none the less.

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamo View Post
    ......MinnieM you all will be very welcome to join us, but sure you must know the party people already...
    thanks Dynamo
    Gojive is a regular at Warmwell too in fact there are a few forumites going although they haven't yet voted

See ya there !

--ooOoo--

thanks Dynamo
    Gojive is a regular at Warmwell too in fact there are a few forumites going although they haven't yet voted

See ya there !
    Look forward to meeting the others there, please intro me to the ones who dont yet know me.

Looking forward to see you there

thanks Dynamo

See ya there !
    Yup! I cut my weekender teeth at Warmwell in 1999, and have been to 12 PWs now . I love the place!

Sadly, a combination of unemployment and enforced house move, means I won't be there this time

If all goes well though, I'll be back next March.

Have fun you lucky b8ggers!

Commercial Operator

I've considered going but am put off by not knowing if it gets smokey in the dance hall - maybe next year

Quote Originally Posted by Gojive View Post
    Yup! I cut my weekender teeth at Warmwell in 1999, and have been to 12 PWs now . I love the place!

Sadly, a combination of unemployment and enforced house move, means I won't be there this time

If all goes well though, I'll be back next March.

Have fun you lucky b8ggers!
    Way cool have done 12 PW from 1999, where i cut my teeth also, how surreal. We must know each others faces.
    I enjoy the dancing and do some of the party dances! I won the race in a "dingy" using the sympathy vote last March, Oh what.

Quote Originally Posted by clevedonboy View Post
    I've considered going but am put off by not knowing if it gets smokey in the dance hall - maybe next year
    Recent improvements is large screen from bar area to dancefloor from last March , so much better, also discussion about moving smokers further away from dancing area too . Badger Darren, he listens and we may get a bit more fresh air.

Dynamo

Recent improvements is large screen from bar area to dancefloor from last March , so much better, also discussion about moving smokers further away from dancing area too . Badger Darren, he listens and we may get a bit more fresh air.

Dynamo
    forgot about the smoking problem ..................

Mind you now Leanne has given up smoking Darren might be more inclined to help the non-smokers

Have we met Dynamo ?

--ooOoo--

Hi guys, im another addicted to warmwell, i havnt missed one since my first so have been to 4 already, i go with my whole family so its like a family holiday and a dance hol rolled into 1, hope to meet you forumites there!

I'll be along for my second Warmwell weekender. Booked a four-berth and I'm the one who's ended up on the sofa bed . Lots of other dancers coming down from the Exeter area too

Quote Originally Posted by detomo View Post
    I'll be along for my second Warmwell weekender. Booked a four-berth and I'm the one who's ended up on the sofa bed . Lots of other dancers coming down from the Exeter area too
    Hi

be good to see you there Detomo. This is My 11th, know there must be loads more forum members going, just never knew most of them till now!!

If you need more space or have more friends wanting to come then I have 2 Challets both Silver 6, though the second has only 1 person and 5 spaces, so chat or PM me and I may be able to help us both

Ah Exeter, then you must Know Nelson & Karen, thoroughly reccomend their classes.

Dynamo

Dickie Davies' love-child Cruella's Avatar

Way cool have done 12 PW from 1999, where i cut my teeth also, how surreal.
    . This is My 11th,
    Use your toes to count on too, it works for me when i have to go over 10.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruella View Post
    Use your toes to count on too, it works for me when i have to go over 10.
    Would have used my toes, but keep on passing out if I get close enough to count them

Must drink more coffe this moring , this will be 12 as my 1st was a March with Richard and Dave, last century I beleive.

I might have a word with the techies about binary counting next time

Hi
    If you need more space or have more friends wanting to come then I have 2 Challets both Silver 6, though the second has only 1 person and 5 spaces, so chat or PM me and I may be able to help us both
    Thanks Dynamo

I remember someone asking me if there were any spaces at Warmwell, but I'll have to concentrate really hard to remember who.

Ah Exeter, then you must Know Nelson & Karen, thoroughly reccomend their classes.
    My first lesson was taught by those two, and bar weekenders etc, all my lessons since. There aren't many other teachers in Exeter .

Are there normally bands every night at Warmwell? My memories of March are fairly vague.

Thanks Dynamo

I remember someone asking me if there were any spaces at Warmwell, but I'll have to concentrate really hard to remember who.
    I still have 1 guy space and a twin room left if you remember, but no worries if you dont, still good to meet you

My first lesson was taught by those two, and bar weekenders etc, all my lessons since. There aren't many other teachers in Exeter .
    Good teachers with a wide repetoire, so if I had to chhose, would have them over a couple of lesser known teachers

Are there normally bands every night at Warmwell? My memories of March are fairly vague.
    Friday nite has 1 band I think
    Saturday lunchtime as 1 band
    Saturday nite has 2 bands
    Sunday lunch has 1 band
    Sunday eve I think is 1 or 2 bands

All play for about 1 hour, with a range of speeds from RocknRoll to a slow blues speed.

Dont miss Earl Jackson, A Real peronality, excellent entertainer and a good bunch of musicians.
    But all the bands are good and tried here over many years

Look forward to meeting you

Are the jive aces playing this time, they make it for me, i usually find that im knackered at weekenders by sunday but they just lift everyone up and enthuse them with more energy!!

By shear guess, you are Duncan? Guess who am I??? If you guess correctly I might give you another lift to Yeovil sometime. As long as you dont kick my car to bits again !

Quote Originally Posted by thewurlitzerrocks View Post
    Are the jive aces playing this time, they make it for me, i usually find that im knackered at weekenders by sunday but they just lift everyone up and enthuse them with more energy!!
    Yes I believe the Jive Aces are back again this time. I love their set as well - a must watch for me.

But to answer the original question, I do Warmwell both times every year and have been going since 2004 I think. I've got all the DVDs so far as well.

Will be there at the Nov 2006 one. We've just finalised all our parties our Exeter group is gonna have in our chalets. Its gonna be fun.

Thread Information