Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: uncomfortable eye contact

uncomfortable eye contact

Hi Guys. Do any of the women ever look at you on the dance floor in that lecherous way that we usually associate with the men leering at ladies. I have encountered it quite a few times recently? Are you flattered? does it make you uncomfortable? or does that depend on wether or not you fancy her?

Commercial Operator

Re: uncomfortable eye contact

Are you sure it's not a problem with her contact lenses?

There is one lady I dance with sometimes who spends the full 3 1/2 minute record staring at me with a sort of half smile on her face, and I swear she never blinks once.

This makes me wonder exactly what it is she's staring at. My mind starts working overtime, is it my spots she finds so fascinating, or did I leave some supper on my chin? Perhaps she's noticed my eyebrows are a different colour than my hair or that my nose points slightly to the left. By this stage I'm a gibbering wreck and towards the end of the dance comes the sudden realisation I've done twentytwo step accross's in a row....

The worst of it is that once the eye contact's made it's almost impossible to break so I also spend 3 1/2 minutes staring at her. After a while my eyes start watering and I'm seeing double, feeling nauseus and praying I'll get to the end without my shaky legs collapsing underneath me.

To answer the original question, I quite like it really........

Commercial Operator

Quote Originally Posted by Blueshoes View Post

This makes me wonder exactly what it is she's staring at. My mind starts working overtime, is it my spots she finds so fascinating, or did I leave some supper on my chin? Perhaps she's noticed my eyebrows are a different colour than my hair or that my nose points slightly to the left. By this stage I'm a gibbering wreck and towards the end of the dance comes the sudden realisation I've done twentytwo step accross's in a row....

...note to self...

When dancing with a guy with spots, food on chin, assorted coloured eyebrows and squiffy pointed nose - remember to say, Hi Blueshoes!...

...end of note...

Quote Originally Posted by Jivingdan View Post
    ... depend on whether or not you fancy her?

Let your mind go and your body will follow. – Steve Martin, LA Story

Hi Guys. Do any of the women ever look at you on the dance floor in that lecherous way that we usually associate with the men leering at ladies. I have encountered it quite a few times recently?...........
    Quote Originally Posted by Jivingdan
    ... depends on whether or not you fancy her
    ?
    Hmmm..... interesting

I asked you to dance about a year ago and you didn't look at me once when dancing since then I haven't been able to pluck up the courage to ask again. However, you always seek out a girlfriend of mine who is particularly attractive and she makes a point of telling me so AND you definitely make eye contact with her

BTW I am fat and old so you wouldn't fancy me anyway

--ooOoo--
    Age is a question of mind over matter, if you don't mind, it doesn't matter
    Leroy (Satchel) Paige (1906-1982)

Mickey Mouse's girlfriend, Minnie, made her film debut, along with Mickey, in "Steamboat Willie" on November 18, 1928.
    That date is recognized as her official birthday.

Quote Originally Posted by Minnie M View Post
    Hmmm..... interesting

I asked you to dance about a year ago and you didn't look at me once when dancing since then I haven't been able to pluck up the courage to ask again. However, you always seek out a girlfriend of mine who is particularly attractive and she makes a point of telling me so AND you definitely make eye contact with her

He looks pretty bored when he dances with me, as well!

I have to say by way of a very public apology. I was in a relationship with a dancer for two years and she was very jealous. I got very out of the habit of looking at any of my female dance partners. I am trying to rectify this fact. The fact that I am noticing this issue and raised it as a post suggests that I am looking at more dancers. I can only apologise again. I do have more eye contact with the dancers that I have got to know a bit better.

Hmmm..... interesting

A personal apology for not looking at you Minnie when we danced. About a year ago i was still in that relationship. I also apologise for not remembering dancing with you. Where did we dance? I also have no idea who your attractive friend is. I have never turned a dance down in all of my time doing ceroc without a good reason. I didn't realise that I was coming across as arrogant and up my own a**se. I will try and be more friendly in future.

Quote Originally Posted by jivecat View Post
    He looks pretty bored when he dances with me, as well!
    I am at a disadvantage. You obviously know who I am but I am not sure who you are. Can I have a clue. Again I apologise If i am coming across as arrogant. I dont mean to be. If the dance is boring for you then its definitely my fault because I am not putting enough effort in to it. NO excuses I was out of order. sorry.

I am at a disadvantage. You obviously know who I am but I am not sure who you are. Can I have a clue. Again I apologise If i am coming across as arrogant. I dont mean to be. If the dance is boring for you then its definitely my fault because I am not putting enough effort in to it. NO excuses I was out of order. sorry.
    Sorry, I don't mean to say that you were arrogant or anything unpleasant like that. It was just meant as a bit of gentle teasing, really. You didn't really look at me much when we have danced (not for a while now) so the title of the thread seemed a bit strange. Maybe you thought that I was staring at you! But then, lots of people don't like a lot of eye contact and that has to be accepted. It is lovely when it happens, though.

Quote Originally Posted by jivecat View Post
    Sorry, I don't mean to say that you were arrogant or anything unpleasant like that........./snip/....... the title of the thread seemed a bit strange.....
    my sentiments
    (you last danced with my attractive friend at Ealing )

--ooOoo--

Mickey Mouse's girlfriend, Minnie, made her film debut, along with Mickey, in "Steamboat Willie" on November 18, 1928.

my sentiments
    (you last danced with my attractive friend at Ealing )
    I dont think I have ever danced in ealing. I dont dance near Hove either. Are you sure I am who you think I am

I dont think I have ever danced in ealing. I dont dance near Hove either. Are you sure I am who you think I am
    My apologies if I have the wrong gentleman - I thought I knew who you were - you are usually at Camber - and was at Southport.

Where you not at Ealing for the BFFF the first Friday in September ??? (or maybe it was August??) if you were not - then I owe you a very big apology

--ooOoo--

The Perfect Woman!

Re the eye contact thingy, with some men I maintain eye contact (fairly sleazily, although I am attempting the sexy kitten look) almost constantly.. I have been told I use my eyes to great effect.....
    BUT with some men eye contact is just plain uncomfortable.... sometimes even with men I know well and enjoy the company of.... Go figure...
    I can't work out why sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn;t....

FFL

My apologies if I have the wrong gentleman - I thought I knew who you were - you are usually at Camber - and was at Southport.

Where you not at Ealing for the BFFF the first Friday in September ??? (or maybe it was August??) if you were not - then I owe you a very big apology
    Its not me I haven't done any weekenders. At least I know I haven't offended you. I feel much better now.

Registered User Northants Girly's Avatar

Ah Minnie - Dan is one of the least offensive guys I know . . . . I'll into you both sometime

Juju

Quote Originally Posted by Northants Girly View Post
    I'll into you both sometime
    Typo?

Registered User Northants Girly's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Juju View Post
    Typo?
    Oh buuger

Look, I'm on wine glass numer 6??? what do you expect?

Its not me I haven't done any weekenders. At least I know I haven't offended you. I feel much better now.
    big whoops .... sorry, I was sure from your profile picture you were this chap (sorry rep on it's way)

--ooOoo--

Thread Information