Thread: Lost cat - Stevenage

Lost cat - Stevenage

Franck, Sheena, mods - please forgive me, I would never normally do this, but I've got to "long shots" now.

BG, my beautiful Russian blue cross went missing while I was at Southport and I've had no news - not so much as a sighting. So apologies to those who know me for having apparently vanished off the face of the planet, I've been spending all my free time cat-hunting.

If anyone can help spread the word, I would really appreciate it. I am "doing everything" (posters, leaflets, advertising, pounding the streets, spoken to more of my neighbours in the last 3 weeks than in the previous 3 years) and have paid for a couple of services that are also passing this information round for me to vets, rescues, their contacts, etc. One of these services is Mymoggy, and Sue there has been brilliant, providing an e-mail shoulder for me to vent my frustration and sadness that I have not heard even so much as a sighting. Please recommend Sue and her service to any of your friends that lose cats - she works nationwide. If anyone is based, or knows anyone in Hertfordshire or Essex and would be willing to send them the following, thank you very much. I will of course let you all know immediately if BG returns!

Mymoggy (includes contact details)

BG is a young neutered male (about 2 years old) and plain grey/brown (no tabby stripes) with green/yellow eyes. No collar, but has a microchip. Missing from Broad Oak Way in Stevenage near back entrance to Roebuck school since the weekend of 16/17 September 2006. Tall cat, and friendly but timid, may bite if stressed. Please check sheds/garages. Reward for safe return. Thank you.

Re: Lost cat - Stevenage

LMC - so sorry to hear this. All the best in finding him.

TiggsTours

Oh honey, I'm so sorry, that must be so distressing.

I don't have cats now, but I'm a cat lover too, and I will keep my fingers crossed for a happy ending to your story.

Sending love and hugs to you at this time... I know just how desperate I get when my beloved cat disappears....

Good Luck.... he will be in my prayers..

lots of love
    Jan

So sorry for you. It is just gut-wrentching when this happens.

My cat went missing for over 2 weeks - Had given up all hope of her return, but she turned up, very skinny but well.

Will keep a look out when I visit my family in Baldock (you know how they sometimes wander!)

Lol x

Formerly known as DavidJames David Bailey's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Despite being allergic to cats, have

A relative's dog went missing a year ago - he was chipped and everything. He turned up last week. So don't give up, no.

Hope your moggy turns up soon. Sorry I can't be more help.
    Let your mind go and your body will follow. – Steve Martin, LA Story

Because BG was a stray before I adopted him, I'm hoping he's streetwise enough not to have got in any trouble. He is microchipped, and a vet or rescue should check that if he gets taken in anywhere.

Fortunately, he is a distinctive looking cat, whereas tabbies and black & whites are easy to mistake for each other by people who don't know them. So I'm not getting hopes raised then dashed by false positives. Unfortunately, this also means that everything I'm sending out feels like p***ing in the wind as I've had zero news, although loads of people have been really supportive - thank you all

I hope you find your baby soon

No news is good news she could come home by herself

A friend of mine had a similiar experience, he was away for the weekend and on his return his beautiful cat had disappeared (it was a Burmer) nearly a year later the cat just walked throught the cat flap

I hope you don't have to wait that long for BG to return.

My own cat used to disappear from time to time but he always came home

Don't stop looking and giving out the flyers etc., good luck

--ooOoo--
    Age is a question of mind over matter, if you don't mind, it doesn't matter
    Leroy (Satchel) Paige (1906-1982)

Mickey Mouse's girlfriend, Minnie, made her film debut, along with Mickey, in "Steamboat Willie" on November 18, 1928.
    That date is recognized as her official birthday.

sorry to , know you love your cats

I really hope he turns up soon.

Registered User Tazmanian Devil's Avatar

Sorry to hear that babes, I hope you find him soon

TiggsTours

Quote Originally Posted by Minnie M View Post
    My own cat used to disappear from time to time but he always came home
    We used to have a cat that really belonged to the street. He started off next door, then they moved and he found his way back, then the people over the street took him, they moved and he found his way back again, so we took him on. After we'd had him a few years, he disappeard one day in about June, we were frantic! Then, about 3 months later he turned up on the doorstep. The following year the same thing happened, and then again the next year! We discovered that he had a "holiday home" in the next street, sure enough for about the last 10 years of his life, every summer was spent in their sunny conservatory, as soon as the weather changed, he came back. He was 23 years old when he died.

I hope your story has a similar happy outcome.

Registered User DangerousCurves's Avatar

Hope you hear something about your cat this weekend - I hate it when mine disappear even for a couple of hours!

If you have any neighbours who have gone away on holiday go and check round their houses in case he slipped in while they were loading up the taxi....

Or if you can remember any neighbours doing any diy/gardening round the time he went missing, go and ask to check out their sheds or garages. Twice I've found frightened cats cowering in an outbuilding repenting the curiousity which drove them in there!

One final tip - try calling for him in the early hours of the morning - may not make you too popular with your neighbours, but its amazing how much more you can hear once the traffic and daytime sounds have died down.

Best of luck - sending you a big

Dc x

Has the cat turned up ??

Still no sign.

Believe me, I'm doing everything DC (all the things you mention and more - I'm the local Cats Protection star pupil). I know it's not enough - it won't be until BG is back. Unfortunately, I have experienced some extreme unpleasantness from one cat forum which had better remain nameless (threads there have been pulled at my request) so I'm feeling a bit sensitive at the moment.

If BG's not locked in and the worst hasn't come to the worst and he's dead (even after an RTA, the adrenaline/shock can enable many cats, even if seriously injured, to run and hide somewhere) then I really think that he has gone further afield. Even a call with a reasonably firm sighting would help, then I'd know where to carry on looking.

Thread Information