Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why I started dancing

Re: Why I started dancing

Quote Originally Posted by Andreas View Post
    When thinking of the one thing I disliked most dancing came to mind.

WOW that seems unbelievable, I would have imagined you danced as a child, and moved on to other disciplines

Groovemeister

I have always been the one person that gets up and dances. Funny for a man but that's what I have always been known for.

4 years of not going out and the one thing I found I missed the most was dancing.

I love dance and movement it is something that I never realised I couldn't live without.

I have a number of interests in my life dancing is number 1 on the list and always will be.

I've been dancing all my life, for as long as I can remember. Dancing's in my soul and for me is a means of self-expression, in the way that some people paint or write poetry. Most of my dancing is done in the privacy of my living room, where I am free to totally be myself. I've done lots of creative/expressive/improvised dance over the years. I've done jazz dance, hip-hop (pants at that! ), odd bits of swing jive, lindyhop and rock'n'roll, and I did salsa for 2 years a few years back.

As to why I started ceroc? I moved up to Inverness last summer, on my own, knowing no-one up here. Always keen to find some dancing I was searching the Internet and saw a ceroc class for the next day. I went along before I could bottle out of it (hate doing stuff like that on my own, but I guess it's good for me!) For me it's been the main way I've met people up here, aside from work. I love it - what more can I say?!

Quote Originally Posted by fletch View Post
    WOW that seems unbelievable, I would have imagined you danced as a child, and moved on to other disciplines
    That is what my parents had in mind but I couldn't stand the girl they had chosen to partner me ...

I was suddenly the sole parent to two girls aged 11-15.

I decided that we needed something that we could do together. After an excellent afternoon watching people with those massive kites and the three wheelers I thought a dance class would be more enduring and less weather critical.

Gritting my teeth I did a beginners workshop with the youngest and we both became interested. I was also amazed that I could actually do it.
    Later and separately I took the elder one. She was recently asked to demo with the Teacher.

Dance has provided us with a common subject of conversation and activity.
    I also sneak off alone to dance and now Salsa and pretend to Tango. only another 9 years to go!

Zuhal

Used to dance in Norway (yeah, viking-dancing... ). Moved to Scotland to study, took up mountaineering, but really missed dancing. Then my (ex) boyfriend told me about ceroc. Went to my first class in 2000, and the rest is history.

Oh, and now I want to do tango (if only there were classes in Dundee!!!), and am doing WCS. More hooked on WCS than MJ at the moment, but that's just 'cus it's all new, and I'm a totall beginner who needs to learn EVERYTHING!

LM

Thread Information