Thread: Flashget

Flashget

Has anyone used Flashget to "trap" Real Audio files?

MacAfee and Wiki say it is spyware. Should I worry?

Any alternatives for trapping Real Audio files?

Any ram to mp3 or ogg converters?

Thanks

Clive

Commercial Operator

Re: Flashget

Digital Sound Recorder (digitalsoundrecorder.com) - nice little ap that captures what you hear through your sound card (so you have to turn off windows sounds to avoid silly clicks and doings). Handy for recording BBC broadcasts that aren't available as podcasts (ie just about anything with music)

Quote Originally Posted by clevedonboy View Post
    Digital Sound Recorder (digitalsoundrecorder.com) - .... Handy for recording BBC broadcasts that aren't available as podcasts (ie just about anything with music)
    Hi tried this app - to use for recording non-podcast BBC programmes.
    I could not get the recorded sound level above a whisper. Maybe I have a setting wrong. I tried lots of options.

I have recorded a real-audio streamed transmission in "real-time" using headphone output from the PC a jack-plug cable and an mp3 device with line input. I have to fiddle with output and input levels - there is no "record volume control" - so it's all a bit hit or miss. But it works. Quality is OK if I set a "sample rate" of 192k. Anything much below that rate and I hear - even with my poor hearing - a "squelching" distortion on the recorded track. Using such a high sample rate - which is unnecessary given the frequency range of the speech content, results in a 20Meg mp3 file for a 12 minute recording - which seems a bit excessive to me.

Clive

Hi Clive,

I use 'Replay Radio' to capture BBC Radio live shows, and 'Play it again' Shows. It allows you to schedule shows for recording, amonsgt other things.

I'm not sure if I'm allowed to do this on here, but I have a referral ad link to the software on my website - www.chertseylife.co.uk (mods feel free to edit this post if neccessary ).

Thread Information