Thread: What should i do?

What should i do?

OK Guys and Gals,

I need some inspiration for this evening, i am meant to be taking a lady out on a second date, the first date was a very nice meal followed up with a late film and lots of talking . Now i was not expecting a second date really and certainly not on such short notice.

First plan was a nice meal in a little château in France that i know (about 30 min drive from the tunnel) but she has to be back reasonable early for her kids so that is out of the window.

I had decided on a meal in a nice little kentish seaside town followed up by a nice evening stroll along the beach. This idea is not out of the window as it is chucking it down with rain here.

She does not dance so that rules out anything thing like that and it's been such a long time that i can not come up with anything remotely interesting.

So i hand it over to everyone to come up with a plan, as you seem a little more cultured than a few friends who just suggested the pub!

Gent

Re: What should i do?

Quote Originally Posted by Gentabout View Post
    She does not dance so that rules out anything thing like that and it's been such a long time that i can not come up with anything remotely interesting.

So i hand it over to everyone to come up with a plan, as you seem a little more cultured than a few friends who just suggested the pub!
    Your expecting alot of us rteally aren't you! Especially if you think we're more cultured than the rest of your friends!!!!!

Oh and something that doesn't involve dancing...What do you think this is a photography forum!

But back to the question...

If you talked alot on the first date then what is she into! Could doing something fun and sillly be her idea of fun ie ice skating or ten pin bpowling ok not great examples but I'm ill!

erm can't think of any other ideas at the minute! But you get the idea!

Measuring up patio to see if neighbour will fit under it

How about you bring her over to mine, she brings her kids and looks after mine and hers and we go to France in the chateau and have that meal, that way no one has to rush back and if we switch off our phones we can stay for the weekend

TiggsTours

Quote Originally Posted by dee View Post
    How about you bring her over to mine, she brings her kids and looks after mine and hers and we go to France in the chateau and have that meal, that way no one has to rush back and if we switch off our phones we can stay for the weekend
    You beat me to it!

In fact, its a little easier with me, no kids of my own for anyone to watch, but I'd definitely be up for dinner in a nice little French chateaux!

Failing that, how about the theatre? If you go to see a play, instead of a musical, there's loads of disecting the plot opportunity afterwards. Maybe a nice early meal first. The Woman in Black is excellent!

Anything good on at a theatre nearby? Or any decent music being played somewhere?

I enjoy just staying in with my man and watching DVDs but our relationship is not a brand new one - though it still feels that way

If its nice weather - I always think a walk in a park or along a beach is nice and romantic and gives you a chance for more chatting and sharing the beauty of whatever wildlife is about, etc, etc

Also you can go for a second meal - different restaurant

If I think of anything else I'll post later... good luck and have fun

Theatre is always good- plenty of opportunity for dissecting afterwards over a drink or during a stroll... If it's a funny one, even better

A shared joke is Someone I went on a date with years ago and who later became a good friend (the date thing didn't work out) took me to a double act- 2 short plays on the same night. We still fall about laughing at some of the jokes in them

Forum Bombshell - Our Queen! Lory's Avatar
    Blog Entries

If you've run out of idea's already, what happens if it goes on to a THIRD date?
    MODERATOR AT YOUR SERVICE
    "If you're going to do something tonight, that you know you'll be sorry for in the morning, plan a lie in." Lorraine

Quote Originally Posted by Alice View Post
    Theatre is always good- plenty of opportunity for dissecting afterwards over a drink or during a stroll... If it's a funny one, even better
    This is a 2nd date ??

Ideas of taking her to another country would scare me if I was her ? call Interpol, but does sound very romantic

Theatre , well your not going to talk much till the end leave that to date 4 or 5 ? However ….

OK Guys and Gals,

the first date was a very nice meal followed up with a late film and lots of talking . Now i was not expecting a second date really and certainly not on such short notice.

seems done pics on first date so why not Theatre ?

Tell us how it went

Thank you all for the suggestions so far.

I normally have no problems deciding what to do, just this has all happened at the last minute last night, just before i went dancing, so as the brain was occupied trying to remember my left to right and maybe even the next move there was no spare resources left to plan the date. The weather has been so nice for the last week i had not even considered that it might not be suitable for a romantic walk on the beach.

As for a third date, i doubt that very much, no woman in her right mind would agree to that, and if she does i have a long time to plan for that. From Monday next week on i don't think there is a night i am not dancing for over 2 weeks. So plenty of time to think about it (obviously in between using my little mind to remember what arm does what).

Keep the ideas coming, i have a few hours yet before i have to decide. At the moment i am thinking nice meal followed by ice skating, i think there might even be dancing on at the local ice rink tonight .

Gent

As for a third date, i doubt that very much, no woman in her right mind would agree to that, and if she does i have a long time to plan for that. From Monday next week on i don't think there is a night i am not dancing for over 2 weeks. So plenty of time to think about it (obviously in between using my little mind to remember what arm does what).

Gent
    I see she has a lovely second date ,then you say I cant see you for the next 2 weeks as im dancing EVERY night !

I always wondered why the Singletons sofa on this dance site is so busy

Yeah, he has a point...
    Don't suppose you could change those dance plans if the 2nd date went well...

Where in Kent are you G? (sounds like my old haunt Medway, given the Ice Rink idea). Anyway, if you're within striking distance of London, and assuming it's Saturday you're planning for, how about a Sat Matinee theatre show? You'd easily be back for tea too

Personally Gent, I think it seems you are trying too hard - that can be a BIG turn-off!! What's wrong with just going out for a few drinks and a chat? I think that's the easiest way to get to know someone. If you start out with all these fantabulous ideas - like whisking her off to France for a SECOND date, you are giving yourself something very hard to live up to.

Be yourself, be natural and just have a fun evening whatever you choose to do.

LW X

seeing that my weekend has been extremely quite (compared to Southport last weekend, of which i am still boring my friends with tales off) i am intrigued to know what you decided on for your date.......restaurant.......theatre.........walk on the beach........ice rink.........or France?

Well as you asked, it was a very nice evening we had a nice meal in a country restaurant that was almost emtpy. Then just spent the rest of the evening talking and getting to know each other a little more.

Gent

Oh and i let her beat me at pool when she challenged me, what else could i do.

Quote Originally Posted by Gojive View Post
    Anyway, if you're within striking distance of London, and assuming it's Saturday you're planning for, how about a Sat Matinee theatre show? You'd easily be back for tea too
    This is funny as Go jive is using "being back for tea" as a euphormism for having the time after the Theatre Show to return to one's home for sexual intercourse.

------------------------
    Courtesy of The Explainer

Registered User El Salsero Gringo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Explainer View Post
    This is funny as Go jive is using "being back for tea" as a euphormism for having the time after the Theatre Show to return to one's home for sexual intercourse.

------------------------
    Courtesy of The Explainer
    No, actually, I am fairly sure he meant "back for tea".

Take her to the theatre or to a romantic blues bar. The latter one at least if you are interested (see other thread for self assessment).

Thread Information