Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Weekenders and Sleep don't Mix!

Blog Entries

Re: Weekenders and Sleep don't Mix!

Quote Originally Posted by Twirly View Post
    Hmm, interesting reading in the light of the e-mail I got about Bliss this morning!
    Alternatively you could always share a bed with a stranger.
    I thought that was just the sort of image that Ceroc didn't want?
    Is that what you'd call South Coast Swinging?

Two things that help me the most: Firstly, I make sure I get plenty of sleep the previous week, so I go in with no sleep debt. Secondly, when I get home on Monday I calculate how much sleep debt I have, and use that to decide when to go to bed. I've had bad experiences where I've failed to do this and ended up carrying my sleep debt over for the rest of the week.

For example: normally would have slept Fri+Sat+Sun for 8 hours = 24 hours. Actually slept Fri afternoon for 1 hour, Fri night for 4 hours, Sat afternoon for 3 hours, Sat morning for 4 hours, Sun night for 6 hours = 18 hours
    6 hours sleep debt + 8 hours regular sleep + waking up at 6am = go to bed at 4pm.

Quote Originally Posted by MartinHarper View Post
    Two things that help me the most: Firstly, I make sure I get plenty of sleep the previous week, so I go in with no sleep debt. Secondly, when I get home on Monday I calculate how much sleep debt I have, and use that to decide when to go to bed. I've had bad experiences where I've failed to do this and ended up carrying my sleep debt over for the rest of the week.

For example: normally would have slept Fri+Sat+Sun for 8 hours = 24 hours. Actually slept Fri afternoon for 1 hour, Fri night for 4 hours, Sat afternoon for 3 hours, Sat morning for 4 hours, Sun night for 6 hours = 18 hours
    6 hours sleep debt + 8 hours regular sleep + waking up at 6am = go to bed at 4pm.

my body needs its sleep back, I will sleep at least 12 hours the 4/5 days after a weekender

It's absolutely pointless for me to try and 'plan' any sleeping patterns for a weekender. Being an insomniac, I can be so desperately tired I can hardly stand up, but when I go to bed I just toss and turn for hours...

Power napping doesn't work for me, either, as I most of the time can't fall asleep....... And if I do fall asleep, I sometimes become more or less comatose, so when it's time to get up again, I feel ten times worse, as my body is still screaming out for more sleep! I don't know how many times I've been at weekenders with Greg, and we go for a nap, and he falls asleep straight away, with me lying there wide awake, nearly in tears because I'm so tired!

Sleep deprivation has ruined quite a few weekenders for me, so fingers crossed I'll be ok for next week..... The only thing I can do, is go to bed when I feel I need to sleep, and just hope for the best...

Thread Information