Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Southport Sept 06,the aftermath.

The Forum Legend

Re: Southport Sept 06,the aftermath.

Great photos Witty.

Most of them

Quote Originally Posted by WittyBird View Post
    Last ones for this evening you'll be relieved to know
    Think last pic on right is Stewart38 about to do 'move 2' on LMC ?

Tired. Danced lots.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTramp View Post
    Great photos Witty.

Most of them
    Well thank you kind Sir

Quote Originally Posted by stewart38 View Post
    Yeah but wasn't LMC telling you not to lead it with your one eyed python

Well thank you kind Sir

Yeah but wasn't LMC telling you not to lead it with your one eyed python
    Hows the head ?

Ceroc N.I. Franchise Owner drathzel's Avatar

fab time had. danced loads. found new dance gems. cuddled lots. ate at sheenas. stroked a very tall mans horse!

top weekend!!!!

Registered User Tazmanian Devil's Avatar

Fantastic weekend

I will post a full report tomorrow when my brain wakes up

Forum Bombshell - Our Queen! Lory's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by stewart38 View Post
    Can you talk us through the hand signal
    Attached Images Attached Images
    MODERATOR AT YOUR SERVICE
    "If you're going to do something tonight, that you know you'll be sorry for in the morning, plan a lie in." Lorraine

Just woken up – slept solid from about 6 last night... :yawn:

I had a fab time. Good to see everyone again, and finally meet Taz and Wayaay Bird.

Had lots of fab dances, even though I didn't think I was on my best form...

Think I'll be back in February – just need to find another nutter to book with... Hmm...
    Last edited by ducasi; 19th-September-2006 at 07:58 AM. Reason: added smilies
    Let your mind go and your body will follow. – Steve Martin, LA Story

Dickie Davies' love-child Cruella's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Armstrong View Post

It was lovely to meet you Armstrong. What a handsome guy you are.

Southport September 2006
    My View

The Journey - More than 8 hours! Left London at 11.00 arrived at 19.15. Normally takes six hours, I was exhausted.

The Afternoons - Dancing in the blues room in the afternoon, mmm... does it get any better?

The Workshops - 'Tango for Jivers' and 'Jango' workshops were brilliant. So much makes more sense now. Looking forward to putting them into practise.

The Milongas - Two nights, an hour of Tango to fabulous Nuevo tango music, mmm...

The Ballroom - After the milongas, an hour and a half of ballroom and latin dancing with an delightful man who was a dance teacher and ex-British Junior champion before he discovered modern jive. He monopolised me and I wasn't complaining, what fun.

The Massage - Much more expensive than other weekenders. Can't imagine why. Perhaps someone saw an opportunity to take advantage of the punter and make a few bob.

What happened to the relaxing massage in a chalet? Mine was behind a sheet in the children's play area amongst the plastic cars and mini houses, between the ball pond and the multilevel climbing frame. To add to the 'experience' my masseur apologised because his soothing whale music was drowned out by the loud 'Funky Swing Jivestyle' workshops tracks being played in the Latin Quarter next door.
    It was a disgrace. Not impressed.

The Shower - Sunday afternoon, water pouring through the ceiling of my bathroom. With visions of the ceiling caving in, I raced upstairs. No answer. I told reception who sent a man over immediately, he came into my chalet and made two holes in the ceiling with a screwdriver. I'm no plumber but isn't that an odd thing to do?

The Danger - There were some seriously frightening women. I can't believe that they normally dress or behave like that at their local venues. The men were in danger.

The Gum - Friday night dancing in the main room, half way through a track my partner held on to me with one hand, put his other hand in his pocket, took out a packet of chewing gum, popped one into his mouth, put the packet back into his pocket and carried on dancing. Weird or what?
    I'm not in a hurry to dance with him again.

The Time - Sunday afternoon, a gorgeous teacher asked me to dance, he'd finished teaching for the weekend and was happy that his workshops had gone well. The music was great, the dance was fun, he was smiling and I was happy. About half way through, I was enjoying the moment when he asked me... .................. the time(!) Guess he wasn't really concentrating then. After looking at my watch, he threw his hands up in horror, muttered something incomprehensible and ran off.
    I'm not in a hurry to dance with him again either.

The Meters - Was I the only person to spend £8 on electricity? My meter was just chewing up my cards. Someone told me that they used one card which lasted the whole weekend.

The Conversations - So nice to have time to chat, catch up, relax.

The Feet - Thank heavens for Ibuprofen gel.

The Disappointments - Wish I had a pound for every guy who said they'd see me later for a dance. Shame to miss out on dancing with so many of my favourite people, not forgetting my favourites who weren't there at all.
    So many leaders, so little time.

The Strangers - lovely dances with new people, each one a lovely surprise. Meeting strangers who tango was a very special treat.

The Samaritan - Thanks to the lovely person who took care of me when I really wasn't feeling well. I interrupted his relaxing coffee and he didn't seem to mind driving around the sleepy neighbouring villages on Sunday morning looking for a chemist. Some people are just so sweet.

The Surprise - Someone kept calling me CeeCee and I didn't know who he was. He was playing games and I had to ask someone else to reveal his identity. Why was I surprised when we danced? Simply because I'd never heard anyone mention that he was THAT good.

The Journey - Home in six and a half hours. Much better.

Quote Originally Posted by CeeCee View Post
    The Journey - More than 8 hours! Left London at 11.00 arrived at 19.15. Normally takes six hours, I was exhausted.
    Saw the car that broke down just after J17 on M6 think i was one of the first that went past it
    Quote Originally Posted by CeeCee View Post
    The Meters - Was I the only person to spend £8 on electricity? My meter was just chewing up my cards. Someone told me that they used one card which lasted the whole weekend.
    I had £125 free electricity, why i dont know. seems total pop luck (i should have paid). once it was eating the cards

Am I seeing double? God help us if there's another one around somewhere

Your guess is as good as mine as to what's happening in this pic

Far too much could be said with this picture

Far too much could be said with this picture
    Should have gone to specsavers!!

Southport September 2006

The Journey - Travelling with great forumites made the time pass quickly. "If I had a million dollars.........." . Arrived in 6 and a half hours only to get lost within 5 minutes of the venue

The Workshops - I have to say that I only did the WCS Workshops and found them hard work but very enlightening. I was surprised that Ben & Melina had a lot of personality on stage considering their age. Very good classes . I went to do the Cha Cha class but with 50+ women over, I decided it was not a good idea

The Blues Room - During the day, everyone was chilled out and had some great dances. During the evening, it was lovely to go outside as the Blues room was very packed.

The Weather - Even though the weather men said that we shoudl expect Saturday and Sunday to be showers, the weather remained dry

The Massage - After debating about getting a massage, I succumbed and paid the money. I was in much need of one and being single, do not normally have any access to strong hands . The lady masseuse told me that I had so many knots that I could build a house on - As I said, much needed!!

The Rooms - So many men, so little time!! I had some fantastic dances all weekend. Spent most of my time in the Blues room as it was the most ventilated. Did venture into the other rooms sporadically but could not breathe in Latin Room let alone dance

The Dancing - On average, the dances that I had were mindblowingly good.

On friday night, I had not really got into the mindframe but danced with many known and unknown dancers that made me glad I had ventured so far.

By saturday, I was tired and grumpy by about 1am and the music was not doing anything to me. I was beginning to lose all faith, then 2.30am hit and I ventured into the Main room to see if I could wake myself up only to come face-to-face with Graham Fox. I got the confidence and went for it....... we had a fantastic WCS dance That was it - I was there!!! Every dance after that took me away. I had some great hip-hop style dances with a dancer from Cornwall and some luschious chilled-out blues dances from a guy from Devon I even managed to get a dance with Ben and Joseph

By Sunday night, I had some great WCS dances during the set from Greg but once that finished and a set of Swing music came on, I felt lost . I never quite got back after that. I danced with one guy in the Blues Room at 3.30am doing beginner ceroc moves and felt downhearted. Oh well, can't win them all!!

The Barbeque - Meeting up with forumites again was a great way to prepare for the saturday night dancing. I managed to catch up on all the gossip. Big thanks to CJ and Claire S for cooking the food and to Minnie and the Easy, Limpy, Foxy Lushious crew for the use of their chalet for the party. It was lovely to meet Trisha and Joseph properly and talk to them about their background back in Birmingham.

The Chalet - Sharing with other people is much better than when I was on my own last year and had some great laughs - mainly about me being so tired that I put the cereal box in the fridge after I used it!! Cooking tuna steaks on sunday evening was a great idea but I did succumb and had a cooked breakfast on saturday morning . Luckily Howard joined me for breakfast

The Private Lesson - Yes, I paid for the services of a 18 year old man!! . Me and Cruella shared Ben for a whole hour and it was worth every penny

All-in-all I had a great Southport experience but I think that I went through a lot more extreme highs and lows then I have done before.

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzy View Post
    The Private Lesson - Yes, I paid for the services of a 18 year old man!! . Me and Cruella shared Ben for a whole hour and it was worth every penny
    Can't believe you told everyone! I wouldn't normally share, i'm too greedy. But we certainly got our moneys worth.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruella View Post
    I wouldn't normally share, i'm too greedy. But we certainly got our moneys worth.
    Well, I think our threeesome worked well!!

Also, forgot to add, Aleks's crumbles at the forum bbq were absolutely divine

Thread Information