Thread: worst end of fab week-end?

worst end of fab week-end?

I had an absolutely brilliant week-end in London ... twyford sat nigth and bisley WCS workshop this afternoon, it was awesome

I met plenty of new forumites (hello Miss Witty Bird! nice to finally meet you!!!), and also known faces (nice to see you Jacksondonut ) had some fab dances with many forumites and others - just to name a few David B Paul (F and W!) , Rob D, Chris A, Ms Fab , RK (always a pleasure ) , NZ Monkey, Simon, Keith, Geordied and obviously many others that I can't name just now (am under time pressure here, you'll understand soon) . So big big thank you to all who danced with me this week-end you made this a brilliant week-end. Also big thanks to my 'fellow scots' for organising this and taking me with them.

Now for the not so good part... well after 90 min of traffic jams I arrived at heathrow at 19.23 exactly which means that I just missed my flight (19.20 was the lastest time for checking-in). No amount of pleas or tears helped there...

So here I am in the internet corner of heathrow, preparing myself for a long sleepless night in the airport (and hoping it is safe ).

I have to say that in my bad luck I am still a little bit lucky since the guy at the ticket desk was really helpful (the look of utter distress on my face must have helped) and only charged me 30 pounds for the next flight tomorrow morning.

Anyway, all this said the point of this thread is for other people to share all the cr@ppy stuff that happened to them after a good week-end, in the hope that it will help me relativise and feel less lonely and a little better may be.

So go on, what was your worst souvenir from a nice week-end???

I'll check regularly I suppose throughout the night - my credit is running out now so have to go. just hoping there'll be some insomniac (how do you spell that?) to spend the night on the forum with me.

Re: worst end of fab week-end?

Im going to give you some rep so you can go buy a bar of chocolate

Did you know i put a £1 in for internet use in May 2006 at Heathrow and it didnt work

so fed up i phone them on my mobile (probably cost me £5) and they said they would refund the £1

About 2 months later i got a cheque for a £1,000 !!! they had sent the wrong cheque

no in fact it was a £1 with a letter of apology, ive kept it

Bless you.. It must have been awful to have such a wonderful time and then be stuck at the airport..

I will be thinking of you and would just like to say how lovely it was to see you again and your companions..

It was a lovely day and hope we will all do it again sometime soon.

Lots of Love
    Jan

Quote Originally Posted by stewart38 View Post
    Im going to give you some rep so you can go buy a bar of chocolate
    thank you I have - bought my favorite actually, Lindor, the one that when you put it in your mouth the outer shell melts and releases a liquid core...

that's the most fun I'll have all night so I made a point to really enjoy every single moment of it

time to read and catch up on all those threads I haven't read lately...

Quote Originally Posted by Caro View Post
    So here I am in the internet corner of heathrow, preparing myself for a long sleepless night in the airport (and hoping it is safe ).
    Oh no

That's terrible news. As someone who has been spending far too much time at Heathrow in recent months I really feel for you.

I have to be at work at 6 tomorrow, (and the fact that I am staying in a hotel), otherwise I would have offered to pick you up and you could stay at mine. Unfortunately I would have no way of getting you back to Heathrow tomorrow morning.

I really do feel for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul F View Post

That's terrible news. As someone who has been spending far too much time at Heathrow in recent months I really feel for you.

I have to be at work at 6 tomorrow, (and the fact that I am staying in a hotel), otherwise I would have offered to pick you up and you could stay at mine. Unfortunately I would have no way of getting you back to Heathrow tomorrow morning.

I really do feel for you.
    that's really really sweet thank you Paul and that makes me feel a little better already.

I guess the good point is that I'll be well in advance tomorrow to check-in and that I won't miss the flight again... well there are plenty of other things that could go wrong I guess but let's keep positive... fingers crossed !

The Forum Legend

Big hugs honey. That's such a shame....

I hope that the night passes quickly, and that you make the flight safely in the morning.

And I'll deliver the hugs in person on Tuesday if you make it

thank you I have - bought my favorite actually, Lindor, the one that when you put it in your mouth the outer shell melts and releases a liquid core...

that's the most fun I'll have all night so I made a point to really enjoy every single moment of it

time to read and catch up on all those threads I haven't read lately...
    I have man flu so i got to go to bed so ill leave you in the capable hands of the Air Traffic controller
    Attached Images Attached Images

Now for the not so good part... well after 90 min of traffic jams I arrived at heathrow at 19.23 exactly which means that I just missed my flight (19.20 was the lastest time for checking-in). No amount of pleas or tears helped there...

I'm so sorry to hear that Caro, I hope that you all were saafe and got home in one piece this morning .

It was lovely to see you all again. Hope to see you on friday at Southport .

Dickie Davies' love-child Cruella's Avatar

Spooky, I was thinking about you whilst i was sitting in the traffic jam around Heathrow. Wondered if you'd made the flight. Lovely to see you all on sunday and looking forward to more of a chat next week. (and of course some more dances with Brady and Dave)

The Forum Legend

So, any news yet? Are you still in one piece? Did you wake up in time for the flight home??

Forum Bombshell - Our Queen! Lory's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Sorry to hear about your predicament, I hope it's all resolved by now!
    IAnyway, all this said the point of this thread is for other people to share all the cr@ppy stuff that happened to them after a good week-end, in the hope that it will help me relativise and feel less lonely and a little better may be.
    Well, after a fab weekend at Camber, I got back to the chalet around 5am, completely knackered, to find my phone had been bombarded with messages only to discover that my daughter had been involved in a car accident in Leeds, earlier that night

Not a nice end to a weekend but i'm glad to say, she's fine now although nearly a year on, the personal insurance claim is still being processed!
    MODERATOR AT YOUR SERVICE
    "If you're going to do something tonight, that you know you'll be sorry for in the morning, plan a lie in." Lorraine

The Forum Legend

Hmmm. Don't know about the worst end of a fab week-end.

But last year, after spending 6 weeks travelling round Oz, I got back to Dundee, and slept heavily on the Thursday night.

Only to wake up on the Friday morning to a note through my door from the police to say that my car had been broken into during the night. They'd tried to wake me to secure it, but couldn't cos I was so fast asleep. So they'd taken the car away to a secure place. And I was supposed to be driving down to Southport 4 hours later.

Luckily Skippy stepped in, and she drove instead. And we still made it down

Total damage to the car was about £1000 (dents, scratches, broken door locks and damaged central locking), which the insurance covered, at the loss of my no claims - which over the time will probably cost me several hundreds of pounds.

yes I got back to Aberdeen early this morning all safe and in one piece.

Actually yesterday evening Mary - who I hadn't met before (although we actually where at the same party on sat!) - sent me a PM saying that she lived very close to Heathrow and offering me a bed for the night. I couldn't believe my luck that was so nice of her and Tony especially given that they are in the process of moving house.
    And this morning I noticed I had received another PM for a bed for the night.

Although the UK isn't terra incognita anymore, it still isn't home and that kind of gesture from people who didn't even know me (or not much) made me really feel better.

When I posted this thread I was merely hoping for a few other stories of 'misery' and may be a few comforting words. It's incredible to see such nice people, I am so grateful to the forum and its people for being so warm-hearted.

So once again huge thanks Mary; that bed yesterday night meant a lot to me.
    And also to Ms Fab for the same offer.

and thanks also for all your hugs on this thread

a very lucky and happy Caro.

Glad you got back safe and sound. I know I would have felt really miserable if I had to spend the night on my own at an airport (had to do it in some awful airport somewhere in Russia many years ago in the middle of winter. At least I was with 3 of my colleagues, but time didn't half go slowly!!).

Just hope it didn't feel too weird going to some strangers house and then being left to 'get on with it' so to speak.

Have fun at Southport - you should have a great time.

M

I met plenty of new forumites (hello Miss Witty Bird! nice to finally meet you!!!)
    Nice to meet you too lovely lady, I look forward to more encounters in the very near future

Ceroc N.I. Franchise Owner drathzel's Avatar

Sorry to hear about your airport disaster this weekend, if it helps at all i had a fab weekend at the scottish champs got home late last night. Slept crap. woke up ill and to top it all off just hit him head with the boot of my car due to general disorientation. Now i feel worse!

have a hug

The Forum Legend

Hugs all round I think!!

Sorry to hear about your disastrous journey home Have a hug

Looking forward to having some more dances at Southport though

R-K x

Hugs from me too!

Hoping that you're all enjoying Southport - sure you are

Thread Information