• Glasgow Party

11 14.67%
  • I'm washing my hair this week-end...

12 16.00%
  • Rebel Yell

14 18.67%
  • Brit Rock 2006

5 6.67%
  • Other events going on? Ask a moderator to add them for you.

6 8.00%
  • Berko Freestyle

3 4.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Who's going where? Week-end 14th October?

Re: Who's going where? Week-end 14th October?

WOW

Fantastic evening.

I arrived very early as I was supposed to meet Witty for a drink before and she was to late, so I decided to just go straight there, as I needed the loo, and despite Derby been my patch when repping for 18 years and a tom tom, I still got lost, but arrived at 7.45 to find several couples on the floor, the venue seemed to have a buz right from the off, I think everyone had come to party, and party we did.

The floor wasn't very slippy, but it made up for it in space, I even managed to lap the floor l in 2 dances with 'fluffy Phil' sorry phil

I managed to have several wonderful dances with Magic Hands

It was nice to see some of the blues room crowd enjoying a 'main room' evening it was fun.

I had some lovely dances and a fab laugh with Michelle from Manchester and MickS.

Went back to the Cricket Ground Hotel to finish off, i'm not sure me and the Witty! will be allowed back.

I have got my ticket for the 23rd and got the kids roller blades out the shed ready.

Well done John and Wes

and only 50 mins from my house

photo's
    Attached Images Attached Images

Well I went to Rebel Yell myself (evening only).

From all the reports I heard I too was really dissapointed I didnt do the full day. It really did sound varied and challenging. Maybe next time if circumstances allow.

The night though was fantastic in my opinion.

Hmmmm. Do i do paragraphs or bullet points.

Bullet points wins!

Music
    Downstairs it was usual Ceroc tracks. Nothing wrong with that though as thats exactly what was to be expected. I danced a fair number of tracks in there and really enjoyed it.
    Upstairs the music was sublime. Obviously not perfect but seriously good but then I like WCS.

Floor
    Apart from 1 or 2 places in the main room where the floor panels join it was a superb surface. Nice and fast all over.
    Upstairs it was PERFECT for WCS. Slick floor without too much dust and debris.

General Venue
    Awesome. Its just far more classy than pretty much all other venues - helped by the Kenneth Turner hand wash creme in the toilets!! Ooooooo
    Very nice venue and perfect parking in, what seems like, a secure and easily accessible car park linked to the venue by a skywalk.

People
    Great mix of people and very well attended

Organisation
    Excellent. I purchased my ticket online on the Thursday (nice). Arriving at the venue I found 3 very polite people behind the front counter who checked my name off the list and pointed me in the direction of another very nice person who adorned my wrist with a purple ribbon. At first I was afraid this was some form of enforced marriage ceremony but I was assured it was just to prove entry

Cabaret
    Ahem............................WOW!!!!!!!! Kyle+Sarah, Will+Kate - you guys rock.

Heat
    I dont know why but i didnt really have a problem with the heat. The WCS was air-conditioned. Downstairs was hotter but I didnt really notice too much.

You could say I liked the night overall Trying to think of some improvements (well, cant have it all positive ey!)
    Not sure really. The 2 main bases for me were hit - Floor and music.

Nope. All good. Great night. Thanks to all at Ceroc Surrey

Quote Originally Posted by JuJu
    I didn't particularly enjoy it. The floor was rough - my trusty trainers (which have danced on all kinds of surfaces without any trouble) stuck to it, so every spin ended with a stagger and I spent the night apologising. I didn't care for a lot of the music which was played (despite being from the Midlands); it was also too loud and, possibly due to the volume, slightly distorted. Also the sheer number of flashing, swirling lights just made me giddy. Though the dry ice was rather amusing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wittybird
    Were we at the same venue?

I had a fcuking amazing night.
    Fabulous venue, well worth the 3 hours in the car, would've been 2 but someone didn't know how to programme HIS TomTom, did they Raph
    Two diametrically opposite viewpoints here, both very personal and both valid.
    It's nice to know Wittybird enjoyed herself but also important to know the shortcomings of the evening, especially when they are ones that could be changed or improved on another time. I don't suppose JuJu set out to have a crap evening but it happens to everyone sometimes. (even WB, remember Brierley Hill? ) And even though she had a lot of negative things to say it was still a very entertaining account.

Quote Originally Posted by jivecat View Post
    (even WB, remember Brierley Hill? )
    No. Please Explain

Quote Originally Posted by WittyBird View Post
    No. Please Explain
    Right. It has now been established that WB has had a cr*p night on at least three occasions. Brierley Hill has been exonerated, or at least innocent until proven guilty, but three other venues not a million miles away from Birmingham have been incriminated.

Blog Entries

I didn't think much of the floor at MonsterJive either, to be honest. After i'd hit one or two divots early on it did start to annoy me, but it is a skating rink after all!

Apart from that had a great time and some fantastic dances (well, from my point of view anyway!).

Thx snowwhite, jivecat, twitty, fletch and cruella for lovely dances. I can't believe I still managed to miss so many other forumites?!

Fletch & WB, you two are a fekkin nightmare for anyone whose usual crowd never hijack, play or take control in any way!

But don't stop, I love it and sometimes I don't even just stand there like a frightened rabbit!

On the way home I had a revelation. Thanks to dancing with you two, I've realised why I get so bloody frustrated with myself recently. I know I can dance to the beat of the music (wouldn't be much hope for me if I couldn't ), but I've started trying to dance to the music itself and that's a whole new ball game and a damn sight harder.
    Most of the ladies around here don't play or even dance really, they just follow, so dancing with nutters like you two and taz has really opened my eyes!
    Thanks and please bear with me, I'll get there in the end.

Juju

Quote Originally Posted by WittyBird View Post
    Were we at the same venue?
    Glad you enjoyed it - really. I guess it just wasn't my cup of tea. They can't expect to please all the people all of the time - and I do agree with you that Southport is the Dog's doodahs, which is partly why I was disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul F View Post
    From all the reports I heard I too was really dissapointed I didnt do the full day. It really did sound varied and challenging. Maybe next time if circumstances allow.
    The classes were the best ever for an all dayer but there again they did have top teachers Dan Baines / Kylie Jones / Ryan & Jenny & the amazing Kyle & Sarah (four completely different dance styles) - they don't come better than that and they were superb not forgetting Will & Kate who also gave a brilliant class

Quote Originally Posted by Paul F View Post
    Cabaret
    Ahem............................WOW!!!!!!!! Kyle+Sarah, Will+Kate - you guys rock.
    even the freestyle 'cabaret' K&S did was amazing !

Quote Originally Posted by Gav View Post
    Most of the ladies around here don't play or even dance really, they just follow...........
    When's you next weekender then Gav ??? Or you could move

--ooOoo--
    Age is a question of mind over matter, if you don't mind, it doesn't matter
    Leroy (Satchel) Paige (1906-1982)

Mickey Mouse's girlfriend, Minnie, made her film debut, along with Mickey, in "Steamboat Willie" on November 18, 1928.
    That date is recognized as her official birthday.

Commercial Operator

Quote Originally Posted by Minnie M View Post
    The classes were the best ever for an all dayer but there again they did have top teachers Dan Baines / Kylie Jones / Ryan & Jenny & the amazing Kyle & Sarah (four completely different dance styles) - they don't come better than that and they were superb not forgetting Will & Kate who also gave a brilliant class
    Sorry I missed it... esp. the fabulous R&J. Nice to see you on Fri @ Britrock Ball!

Quote Originally Posted by Lindsay View Post
    Sorry I missed it... esp. the fabulous R&J. Nice to see you on Fri @ Britrock Ball!
    you too Lindsay - long time no see
    Friday at BritRock was fab and I got to dance with the Chocolait man too

--ooOoo--
    Age is a question of mind over matter, if you don't mind, it doesn't matter
    Leroy (Satchel) Paige (1906-1982)

Mickey Mouse's girlfriend, Minnie, made her film debut, along with Mickey, in "Steamboat Willie" on November 18, 1928.
    That date is recognized as her official birthday.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Minnie M View Post
    When's you next weekender then Gav ??? Or you could move
    Not til March I'm afraid, but I'll be putting some serious miles on the car before then!

V. tempting, but not until I can get my kids back from the monster ex from hell. Oops, that slipped out, sorry

I
    Most of the ladies around here don't play or even dance really, they just follow, so dancing with nutters like you two and taz has really opened my eyes!
    Thanks and please bear with me, I'll get there in the end.
    Keep persevering, Gav, and grab as many dances as you can with the non-Norwich women you run into....it will pay off, I can assure you!

Formerly known as DavidJames David Bailey's Avatar
    Blog Entries

On the way home I had a revelation. Thanks to dancing with you two, I've realised why I get so bloody frustrated with myself recently. I know I can dance to the beat of the music (wouldn't be much hope for me if I couldn't ), but I've started trying to dance to the music itself and that's a whole new ball game and a damn sight harder.
    Most of the ladies around here don't play or even dance really, they just follow
    "Just follow"? "Just follow"?

I suspect you meant "Don't follow well", yeah?

Quote Originally Posted by DavidJames View Post
    "Just follow"? "Just follow"?

I suspect you meant "Don't follow well", yeah?
    I was wondering how long it would take for someone to pick up on that one. Not really too surprised at who either.

You know what Gav means. (Not going to start the whole active/passive follower thing again... but Gav, I like to 'play' too.)

WOW

Just got back from bromsgrove 't' it was awesome

My jaw nearly dropped to the floor when Lilly and David walked in

I have has such a lovely afternoon

Dancing with Martin Harper, Patrick, Jivingdan and Breeny

OXO'S you played a lovely set

Steve Braces you have arrived

Formerly known as DavidJames David Bailey's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
    I was wondering how long it would take for someone to pick up on that one. Not really too surprised at who either.
    Moi?

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
    You know what Gav means. (Not going to start the whole active/passive follower thing again... but Gav, I like to 'play' too.)
    I do, but it's easy to fall into the "active = good" trap, so I wanted to halt that Evil Tendency in its tracks.

Plus, Gav's got no excuse for not expressing himself clearly

Quote Originally Posted by DavidJames View Post
    I do, but it's easy to fall into the "active = good" trap, so I wanted to halt that Evil Tendency in its tracks.
    In fact 'active can = bad' - I think that's the path I'm on at the moment. I want to play and express myself but I'm aware that in the process of trying that my following is suffering. (Apologies to some recent leads. ) But hey, we're all learning!

Quote Originally Posted by fletch View Post
    WOW

Fantastic evening.

I arrived very early as I was supposed to meet Witty for a drink before and she was to late, so I decided to just go straight there, as I needed the loo, and despite Derby been my patch when repping for 18 years and a tom tom, I still got lost,

yes was the post code wrong ??? TOM TOM took us a mile away. Thanks to the good old Chinese shop for sending us the right way

Excellent night excellent people. Another winner, didnt notice floor being slippery

Lots of bar staff lots of room to dance (600+ there ??)

The sweets went down well

Got my ticket for 23rd

Music a bit 'mixed' but ---=

Quote Originally Posted by stewart38 View Post
    Got my ticket for 23rd
    23rd Nov? I was toying with going to Ashton's that night - hoping to catch up with some forumites. Everyone going to be at this dance then?

Thread Information