Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ceroc Scottish Championships

Omnipresent Administrator Franck's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Originally posted by Hannah
    Am new to this forum malarky so expect LOTS of responses to make me feel welcome.

hannah
    Welcome to the forum Hannah. Good to see you here and I am sure you will have loads to contribute!
    You are doing pretty well so far.

Bisous,

Franck.

PS I really want to reply to the Champs questions, but do not have enough time, I am connected via an internet cafe in Aberdeen just before my class there tonight.

Blog Entries

Re: Sorry Janet..

Originally posted by Jayne
    Franck/Scot - I've never been to a ceroc comp, although I've done a few (university) ballroom ones. How does the competition work - do you start off with x couples in a main comp who go rough rounds to a final? Are there different categories of dancers? Will there be a lucky dip - how does it work? Or are these questions that need to be finalised before the all singing all dancing ( ) announcement is made about the comp? What should I expect?
    Right, so many questions, wait Ôtil I pull up my sleeves, and IÕll get started.

The final format for the Scottish Champs is not totally finalized yet, but borrowing on the London Champs, there will be several categories:

Lucky Dip, Beginners, Intermediate, Advanced.
    There should also be a team cabaret, couple showcase and Double trouble.

Each category would have a few ÔheatsÕ culminating in semi / final to crown the Champs.

The main thing is that the day is very relaxed, and a huge party for anyone turning up. There will be plenty of freestyle dancing in between heats.

I hope this answers some of your questions, more details will follow soon.

Franck.

Blog Entries
    Originally posted by Stuart M
    And welcome to the 100th member as well, whoever you are...
    Welcome indeed...
    So come on Max, tell us more about you, being number 100 is quite significant.
    I cannot believe that we have so many members and almost 1000 posts in just a few months!

Well done and thanks to you all,

Franck.

Hi Franck

"So come on Max, tell us more about you, being number 100 is quite significant."
    (sorry - can't do the quote thingy)

I hate to have to tell you this (being the 100th member and all)... but I'm the one that does't like combs!!!

Max

ps great forum

Blog Entries
    Originally posted by Max
    (sorry - can't do the quote thingy)
    No problem. The easy way, is to click on the quote button inside the message you want to quote.
    You can also write "quote" (inside brackets and without inverted commas) at the beginning of the message you're quoting and "/quote" (inside brackets at the end of the quote
    Originally posted by Max
    I hate to have to tell you this (being the 100th member and all)... but I'm the one that does't like combs!!!
    No problem all the more for me
    Though this will hardly do for an introduction
    Originally posted by Max
    ps great forum
    Thanks.

Franck.

Talking

Bonjour bonjour everybody!!!

Been busy with work so hadn't had much time to check out the forum..you guys have been busy with the old keyboard!!

Will be landing in Edinburgh tomorrow late afternoon ..how's the weather like...do I need to bring my sun lotion and bikini?

Frank when I get some free time I'll have a look at the other topics..though I am a bit new to this forum and so I get lost very easily (that's the French part of me!)..where do you suggest I go..if there is anything I can do regarding female (or male even !) dance related questions I 'll be happy to help! ..although you guys I am sure are doing pretty well already!

Must dash now and start doing some proper work , will check up on everyone in the next hour or so..See ya!

Moi xxxx

Bisous tout plein (and yes as Frank was saying anyone can take part..although at first you will probably get a stiff neck with all that kissing..you do get used to it! Oh there are rules to the "bisous" practice: If you are from the North of France it's only 2 bisous per person, from Paris it's 1 bisous and in the South of France it's 4!!!!...how many shall we have for Scotland then?)

Blog Entries
    Originally posted by Lydia
    Will be landing in Edinburgh tomorrow late afternoon ..how's the weather like...do I need to bring my sun lotion and bikini?
    Hmmm, how can I break it gently to you... we think the weather is ok at the moment, which probably translates as cold and miserable to you and viktor
    Still, the Ceroc nights are pretty hot, so you are welcome to bring that Bikini anyway
    Frank when I get some free time I'll have a look at the other topics..though I am a bit new to this forum and so I get lost very easily (that's the French part of me!)..where do you suggest I go..if there is anything I can do regarding female (or male even !) dance related questions I 'll be happy to help! ..although you guys I am sure are doing pretty well already!
    Well, you could start with the really important subjects like "Big Brother", and then move your way to the Intermediate section of the forum where we are discussing spinning, seducers, etc...
    You and Viktor could also pop in the DJ booth and share your current musical favourites / most hated records!!!
    So you see, there is plenty to discover and get involved into, but no pressure
    Bisous tout plein (and yes as Frank was saying anyone can take part..although at first you will probably get a stiff neck with all that kissing..you do get used to it! Oh there are rules to the "bisous" practice: If you are from the North of France it's only 2 bisous per person, from Paris it's 1 bisous and in the South of France it's 4!!!!...how many shall we have for Scotland then?)
    Aha, that's where I get my stiff necks from!
    In Lyon, we only did 2 bises, but I would say that it is not the quantity that matters, but the quality!

Enjoy your Scottish Ceilidh tomorrow, and make sure you do not do yourself an injury

Grosses bises,

Franck.

Ohh Gosh....Scotish dancing..last time we did that we were all over the place....I hope Scot won't bring a camera!! I did like the work-out though..after one dance I had to go lie down!

Injuries....huuummm, last time we were up in Scotland I had just about recovered from a kneecap operation due to my motorbike accident..then during the freestyle evening while dancing with Scot (I have to say it wasn't his fault.. poor Scot!)I twisted my right knee pretty bad..and now I am coming up with another injury...I dislocated my right shoulder 2 weeks before the Championships (just a tip for everyone out there ....do not do arial moves on carpet with little space to move..!)..it was a pretty bad dislocation..(will spare you the details ) and it's still very weak 'cause the shoulder bone slides backwards and forwards whenever I raise my arm up (which in my case is ALL THE TIME!!). The physio gave me a lot of exercises to built the muscles up again but it will take a few months to mend...so in the meantime she's given me some great super duper strong bandage to tape my shoulder bone back into place while I am dancing...feels a bit awkward but a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do....teaching is fine, freestyle is a bit more complex but I just take a lot of breaks during the evening! So unfortunately I will not be able to go wild on the Ceilidh dancing tomorrow..but I'm sure watching Vik running around will be even better!!!!

I will not bring my bikini top but whatever I will wear will be very close to it...

Bisous

Blog Entries
    I'm sure watching Vik running around will be even better!!!!
    Especially as I hear he might be wearing the traditional Scottish kilt

I will not bring my bikini top but whatever I will wear will be very close to it...
    So, no change there!!! Make sure some of the pictures turn up on the forum!

Looking forward to seeing you both Saturday (sticky tape and all)

Franck.

If you are from the North of France it's only 2 bisous per person, from Paris it's 1 bisous and in the South of France it's 4!!!!
    Thanks Lydia, now I am really looking forward to my trip to Cannes in a couple of weeks . Looks like it could be as much pleasure as business .

Have a safe trip to Scotland and don't forget your (we have cool sun up here).
    I am looking forward to Saturday very much and with only a little trepidation.

Ciao,
    Janet

:p Hi Janet!

Cannes..uuuummm lovely, trendy, hot and expensive (also very good for bodies sightseeing..my favorite!)..thought for the kissing bit..they are a bit posh up there so the kissing is without any contact whatsoever with the person's cheeks.... It's called "Air Kissing"...and you probably will be surprised but..Franck hates it!

Well just waiting for Viktor to pick me up and we're off to the airport cross fingers for us there isn't any traffic jams on the way because it'll be a very tight departure time..we've got to be checking in at the latest 1:30 and it's already almost 12:00 and my office is in the Oxford Street area..looking forward to see everyone tomorrow..whoever you are!

Better start packing my things! See ya

OK ... sorry to drag things back from 'french' kissing ..... though a whole new thread should be dedicated to such an interesting topic ... BUT

The CHamps? What's happening? Is it open to us lowly Southeners ... can teachers enter ... rules .... categories? Need any guest DJs etc?

Plesae tell all.

Omnipotent Moderator Tiggerbabe's Avatar

Unhappy It's all gone quite quiet!

Originally posted by Gus
    OK ...

The CHamps? What's happening? Is it open to us lowly Southeners ... can teachers enter ... rules .... categories? Need any guest DJs etc?

Plesae tell all.

Glad you asked Gus, I was thinking of doing the same.

It's all gone very quiet....................................last I heard the date was to be 20th October but there have been no announcements up here about entry forms, format, prices, rules or anything. Hopefully we'll hear very soon and I'm sure Franck will keep us all informed the minute he knows.

Looking forward to seeing you all - named t-shirts being the standard dress code for the day of course ( well apart from the obligatory sparkly, backless fringed little numbers ).
    Perhaps there will be a category for the best male "birler" in a kilt - I'll judge if you like Scot

Thread Information