Quote Originally Posted by marty_baby View Post
Hi Patrick,

I'd have to agree with Y'der on this one. Dancing is physically demanding, and competition dancing even more so.

But hey, its not all bad:

1. You have found a nice dance partner, and you are taking her under your wing - thats the nice side of competiting.

2. Sounds like she really likes to dance. This Competition prep has highlighted weaknesses, which she can work on.

3. Working on the weakness will improve the whole enjoyment of her dancing - both in competition AND social dancing. It will also act as prevention to injuries for the future.

Best of luck with Scotland guys!

Martin
Hi Martin

Thanks for your input, very helpful. In an attempt to reduce any confusion , this thread is about my partner for another competition, not Scotland. Wonder Woman and I are doing the Scottish Champs, but we haven't met yet.

You are right to mention the comp in relation to the freestyle 'accidents'. As I implied, this kind of incident could stop our preparation if my partner is injured, and we might even have to withdraw. I can understand now why some competition couples don't dance with other people, especially in the runup to a comp.

Patrick