Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anthony Robbins comes to London

Re: Anthony Robbins comes to London

Quote Originally Posted by straycat264 View Post
    As such, it's probably amazing if you haven't come across any of these techniques, and probably far less so for people above a certain level of awareness - by necessity, it's going to be aimed at people who haven't - so the likelihood is that your old quote holds true. Although the fire-walking sounds fun
    Well, the recommendations have come from people I regard as being fairly 'together' and have some good NLP expertise/experience (few are life coach qualified). HOWEVER, being a cynic at heart I still would like to counter their views with someone who has been through the AR experience and found it lacking somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by Twirly View Post
    Uhm, doesn’t it depend on what you mean by “making it”? Does success have to be measured by traditional means like material wealth, fame, etc? Or do you have some other definition of “making it”?

Maybe some of these people have found the course to be life changing – but maybe in small ways that don’t seem obvious to others.

I have a friend who swears by Anthony Robbins courses – but then he is at the far, far reaches of strange (but I love him anyway!). If you can afford it Gus and feel you need to make some changes then go for it. Just remember that you might get something different out of it to what you expect, and be prepared for that.
    "Make it" = 'achieve whatever it is you hoped to achieve by using the methods Tony Robbins teaches'.

Quote Originally Posted by Flat_Eric View Post
    I started using AR stuff 10 years ago, when the name was little known in Europe. Have done 2 seminars so far: Unleash the Power Within (aka UPW - the one in London) and Date With Destiny (more exclusive, different aims). Think what you want but, 12 months after doing UPW, I was earning 5 times as much as a year before, knowing that my wages weren't already that bad.
    My point is simply that there isn't a very effective way of telling whether people like your friend would not have achieved that anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shnikov View Post
    My point is simply that there isn't a very effective way of telling whether people like your friend would not have achieved that anyway.
    Technically, you may be right, but I don't believe I would have. And as the saying goes: whether you believe you can do something or you don't, you're right. It's by using Robbins techniques that I've worked on the limiting belief, herefrom the credit given.

I don't think that aim for an objective, metric assessment is what it is about. Do Robbins techniques help? Yes they do. I've used them on myself and others on several occasions and have obtained very significant results with them. They are a part of what I do and I can rely on them on a consistent basis, which is the definition of something useful for me. Are they worth the seminar prince, which may seem exhorbitant considering the number of attendants? I would also believe that, but accept that it is only my point of view.

One good way is to read actively one of his books, ie doing the exercises. You will obtain breakthroughs if you do it seriously. Alternative is to buy Personal Power 2. Second-hand copies are available on EBay. PP2 includes the infamous "Dickens pattern" which constitutes the climax of the seminar. You can absoutely do it by yourself in the privacy of your home, see if that works for you, and decide if the same principle with the stronger leverage of an immerged session could be of interest.

Once you take away the hype of people excited to go, the high price (something that appears to Londoners and gives them a slightly overrated feeling of exclusiveness) the firewalk bit -whose meaning is pretty insignificant in the event- and focus on what Robbins is about: take the elements of your life that do not serve you for the best and improve them, it's quite simple really...

Best price for UPW are on EBay. If you play the game well, you will gain a lot for yourself, even with the shobbiest ticket in the house (£150?)...
    Last edited by Flat_Eric; 29th-August-2006 at 10:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Flat_Eric View Post
    Once you take away the hype of people excited to go, the high price .....
    Must admit that I don't think its a high price ... the accomodation is going to cost me more than the event. Just booked and for 4 days the cost is £350. I pay more than that PER DAY for any professional or technical training. Given what the potential 'prize' is, that looks pretty good value to me unless Messr Robbins turn out to be a total shyster of course...

Quote Originally Posted by Gus View Post
    unless Messr Robbins turn out to be a total shyster of course...
    IMHO you've got your head up your ass and you need a substantial amount of oxygen if you even think that

Quote Originally Posted by WittyBird View Post
    IMHO you've got your head up your ass and you need a substantial amount of oxygen if you even think that
    Ahhhh ... so I take it this is a NLP type response? Good to see that the Tony Robbins course works so well! Must admit I was under the illusion that AR tried to encourage people to understand other people's views and see the positive aspect ... seems I have much to learn Obi Wan.

Must admit I was under the illusion that AR tried to encourage people to understand other people's views and see the positive aspect
    Er I don't think there was a positive aspect in you calling him a possible shyster

Must admit that I don't think its a high price ...
    Great ! Just go then. The worst that can happen is that you don't like it. If so, just leave the Excel Centre and drop by the nearest Ceroc venue near you, there are 4 begginers' moves and 3 intermediate ones waiting for you. Freedom of choice is one of the perks of financial abundance isn't it?

FE,
    "Life is easy like yes and no"

Urrr ... thats actualy the start of the seminar ... sort of. Known a fair few people who do this as part of management training courses (along with breaking bricks etc). Don't really see the point but would do it with the rest of the sheep .... still curious to meet a 'non believer' who has done the workshop and remained a cynic.
    Sure I did the workshop not knowing anything except that he looked like a slick car salesman on the Saturday morning infomercials, with remarkably big white teeth.
    It didn't change my life, but was a positive thing.

I think NLP seems to be about making positive feelings stronger and weakening negative feelings via a host of techniques.

Anthony Robbins seems to be about making both stronger, creating more drive.

Do you want to be so blissful that when your flat gets robbed you don't care and don't install a security system, and get robbed a few more times but then you don't care anyway.

Or do you want to be tormented by the additional million that you haven't made, Anthony Robbins style.

I did this about 7-8 years ago in Cardiff, after listening to his tapes.

Certainly there is something that I found very compelling, almost hypnotic about his voice, and I found that when listening to his tape, I felt compelled to write down what he asked [behaviours that I wanted to change, as I remember].

I certainly trust his intention, and believe that he is out there trying to spread as much good as he can.

Personally I'd say that his Unlimited Power weekend is worth the money. After all, it's only a one off. I did the fire walk (yes, and got the tee-shirt!!), however his approach is very up-front and energetic (visual). As a Auditory-Kinesthetic, I found it quite hard work - I'd imagine that he has far more success in the States (generally more visual) than the UK (generally more Auditory).

Like I say a good man with integrity ... but personally I'd favour the likes of Wayne Dyer and Steven Covey, for their slightly more gentle approach.

For anyone interested, I'd also recommend the NLP conference that happens at Regent's College in London ... full details here. Cost from £110 pre-booked for one day to £310, late booked full weekend.

Ian

PS. I've got a slightly dim view about the Landmark Forum [if this is the "Forum" that I came across in London]. I did the Mastery (by the Institute for Creativity) when I was in London, and so am biased with some rivalry, I guess. I don't know if it's still running, the company seems to regularly re-invent itself every few years!
    Last edited by Magic Hans; 30th-August-2006 at 07:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Hans View Post
    I certainly trust his intention, and believe that he is out there trying to spread as much good as he can.
    Well, I approached the Tony Robins UPW seminar as an ‘open-minded cynic’, not really convinced by the claims made but convinced I needed to see it for myself. Its now two weeks on and my verdict is that it can be a truly life changing experience. One of the (many) mantras is “Life Will Never Be the Same” … and I believe that. The techniques taught, the breaking of negative patterns and the focus on everyone’s ability to achieve was extremely powerful.

Over the three and half days there were about 4 or 56 cases where Tony focused in someone in the audience and tacked their gremlins there and then. These ranged from the very typical career woman who had retreated within her career because she had given up on finding a worthwhile partner, through to the teenager whop had ‘tried’ to commit suicide 5 times. All cases were dealt with powerfully, directly and, from what I could see, with tremendous results.

There is a lot of the ‘American’ style about it, going crazy to rave music (I’ve NEVER danced so much over a weekend ), high fives, lots of chanting etc, but my thoughts are is that in the long term its all to the good. I think Tony Robbins is truly an amazing person and on a mission that he fullly believes in. He’s not the new messiah, but fully enough I found through his teaching a reaffirmation of my own religious beliefs (long story, you would have had to be there)

So, if you get the chance, I would suggest you consider giving it a try.

Ps One thing. I’ve now done the firewalk …. But how the hell was it achieved?? It still makes no sense that you can walk on hot coals …

Commercial Operator

So, if you get the chance, I would suggest you consider giving it a try.
    Thanks for the review - it does sound good. Wonder if he ever comes up to these parts...

Ps One thing. I’ve now done the firewalk …. But how the hell was it achieved?? It still makes no sense that you can walk on hot coals …
    I saw a programme on this once, where they had a top firewalker leading a group up to and through a firewalking session - with a bunch of scientists analysing it all. The firewalker said it was 'mind over matter' - 'nonsense' said the scientists, and measured temperatures, walking speeds, time spent by feet in contact with the coals etc, and declared that people's feet were not in contact with the coals for long enough to burn them.

So they dismissed the whole thing as unimpressive.... and completely missed the point. The point being that the firewalker was able not only to do an act that all common sense and instinct said would leave him badly burned (and come through unscathed) - but that he managed to get a group of normal people to do the same... and love the experience.

Whereas not a single one of the scientists - despite scientifically proving that it was perfectly safe to do - were able to have the courage of their convictions and do the firewalk....

Thread Information