Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thread to be a DRAMA QUEEN

Angry Thread to be a DRAMA QUEEN

I am really trying very very hard to reduce my bad habit of being a drama queen.

So when the little girl sat opposite me on the train on Friday, who had been saying every 15 seconds for 10 minutes "Mummy I need a wee" stood up and "let go" all over my feet, I managed to stay fairly calm and not teach her any new words (thank god I'd picked my bag up off the floor earlier) - although I did say to the jiggling-up-and-down wet-knickered child "PLEASE stand still and don't get any more on me" - and changed seats PDQ so I could do the best I could with the tissues in my bag

Fortunately, my shoes were not leather so could be washed. Unfortunately, they are beyond saving (washed 'em in the washing machine WITH extra rinse... nope, they still smelt of pee so have had to go in the bin). The apology from the mother was perfunctory - maybe I should have thrown a fit and demanded £20 for new shoes. There was a toilet on the train ***...

I managed to laugh along with Icey (yeah, thanks for the sympathy - but chatting did take my mind off my wet feet - thank you ). And yes, at least I was on my way home, not on my way to work

But I LOVED those shoes, they were green and shiny and comfortable and did I say I LOVED them? And they are last year's so I can't replace them. So now I'm being a drama queen

Please save me from myself and say that this story made you at least smile. And send shoe shop vouchers - thanks.

Re: Thread to be a DRAMA QUEEN

That's appalling! Poor you - and poor kid too. She'll probably be traumatised for life by that!

Poor you,

Thats absolutly diabolical, I would be mortified if that was my kid and I would insist on doing something!

If I had been in your situation not sure I would have controlled my emotions as well as you appeared to!

Quote Originally Posted by Twirly
    ... poor kid too. She'll probably be traumatised for life by that!
    Well, that was why I stayed calm and didn't make a drama of it at the time - wasn't really the kid's fault, she was only about 4 and she was making it fairly obvious to her mother that she needed to go.

I'm very annoyed about my shoes though

Forum Bombshell - Our Queen! Lory's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LMC View Post
    saying every 15 seconds for 10 minutes "Mummy I need a wee" stood up and "let go" all over my feet, I managed to stay fairly calm and not teach her any new words.[/SIZE]
    I'm sorry LMC but 'poor little girl'!!!!

It clearly wasn't her fault , it was her stupid mothers, for not listening
    MODERATOR AT YOUR SERVICE
    "If you're going to do something tonight, that you know you'll be sorry for in the morning, plan a lie in." Lorraine

Quote Originally Posted by Twirly View Post
    That's appalling! Poor you - and poor kid too. She'll probably be traumatised for life by that!

I think that you had every right to be a drama queen - I know that I would have been.

That mother should have been responsible enough to look after her child.

I managed to laugh along with Icey (yeah, thanks for the sympathy - but chatting did take my mind off my wet feet - thank you ). And yes, at least I was on my way home, not on my way to work
    So telling you that I was nearly wetting myself laughing would not be good? Made me laugh all over again, thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzy View Post
    I think that you had every right to be a drama queen - I know that I would have been.
    The thing is, I had the perfect opportunity to be a drama queen then, and I wasn't. Because as others have said "... poor kid", so I managed to control my violent "ICK!" reaction (and my ick threshold is fairly low, 'cos I don't have kids ).

But I had to throw my shoes away, so now I AM having the temper tantrum I didn't have then . So there.

Icey - feel free to wet yourself, just not over my feet OK? - or at least let me take my shoes off first
    Last edited by LMC; 21st-August-2006 at 01:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzy View Post

That mother should have been responsible enough to look after her child.
    Have you been in this country over the last thirty years or so? That's like saying football players shouldn't pull shirts.
    I would certainly have made a scene. It won't hurt the little girl to know that her mother is getting a right royal b0llocking.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shnikov View Post
    Have you been in this country over the last thirty years or so? That's like saying football players shouldn't pull shirts.
    I would certainly have made a scene. It won't hurt the little girl to know that her mother is getting a right royal b0llocking.
    But if the mother is so irresponsible as to let the child wet herself when there is a toilet available on the train, what's to say she won't blame the child for the incident and take it out on her later?

I think LMC did the right thing, even if it has left her fuming.

I was walking through a village with a friend on Saturday, when something splashed down from a balcony overhanging the street. We looked up, and saw a large dog wandering back inside! At least it missed me!

Sean

My son used to demand to go to the toilet when ever we were on a train cas of the nifty gadgets.. Blow dryer liquid soap etc It bored me so much that I used to pretend not to hear, cas I hated them nasty dirty places. On=ce we were in a restaurant and the plea for the loo came up I ignored it He wiped down his undies and did it in a nearby plant pot Tee hee

Sorry about your shoes Bet she's a gadget lover though...

Please save me from myself and say that this story made you at least smile. And send shoe shop vouchers - thanks.
    That is terrible.. i would have went ballistic. But again it was the Mothers fault not the child's. The Child was trying to tell her. I did it in a street once when I was a Kid.. Mum said "well just wait you can't do it here".. all I heard was the "... do it here" bit

Quote Originally Posted by DianaS View Post
    Sorry about your shoes Bet she's a gadget lover though...
    Really? does Gadget know??

Just leave your shoes in the garden for a couple of weeks. The weathering process of rain+shine should clear the smell out of them.

Blog Entries

Thinking about it even more,

Being the interfering busy body that I am, (right or wrong ), if i'd have heard the little girl asking every 15seconds, I certainly would have acknowledged her requests, and i'd have probably pointed out where the toilets were to the mother.
    "If you're going to do something tonight, that you know you'll be sorry for in the morning, plan a lie in." Lorraine

I take your point about being sorry for the little girl Lory - and I was. Even at the time, which is why I *didn't* create a scene *then*. However, having your feet weed on and having to walk and drive home in pee-filled shoes is unpleasant. And I'd be so over it (s**t happens, etc) if it wasn't for having had my shoes ruined. So I'm creating a scene now, thread does wot it sez on the tin.

I wish I had said something now - and if the mother was ignoring her, I possibly would have, but she was saying "We're getting off at the next stop" (which they did - just too late). But it's against the Law to speak to people on commuter trains if you don't know them. It should be against the Law even if you do know them, there's nothing more annoying than people chatting on the train in the mornings when you're trying to sleep (FMD).

At the time (well, after I'd washed my feet and stopped thinking "EEEEEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWWWW") I felt like a good and virtuous person for not making a big deal of it and making it all even more traumatic for the little girl (don't think anyone other than the people t'other side of the aisle, who could see, even realised what had happened). But having had to throw away one of my favourite pairs of shoes, I now feel like a bit of a doormat because the mother treated it so casually. I'm angry with her for being so bloody ignorant and although I still don't regret not yelling, I'm cross with myself for not being more assertive. And about my shoes.

Honestly you lot, hardly any of you have larfed at the image of me sitting on the train surrounded by the smell of fresh urine then having to squelch along the street in wet shoes trying not to think of how they got that way. I was banking on you all to, well, take the pi** ...
    Last edited by LMC; 21st-August-2006 at 04:29 PM.

Blog Entries

Honestly you lot, hardly any of you have larfed at the image of me sitting on the train surrounded by the smell of fresh urine then having to squelch along the street in wet shoes trying not to think of how they got that way. I was banking on you all to, well, take the pi** ...
    Sorry LMC

Anyway, I have an idea. dig them out of the bin and sell them on EBAY, stating clearly that they are USED SHOES which have been WEE'd on, I bet you'll get some takers!

Go on, you know it will make you feel better

Quote Originally Posted by Lory View Post
    Anyway, I have an idea. dig them out of the bin and sell them on EBAY, stating clearly that they are USED SHOES which have been WEE'd on, I bet you'll get some takers!
    Now THERE'S a thought

The only other thought I've had on the matter is: Can you imagine the trauma if the kid had wee'd on your dance shoes? in fact

Poor you LMC - but I can't help thinking - why didn't you move out of the way

If it makes you feel a little better, last year on Eastbourne seafront with my ex-husband and our grandchildren, a little dog came up 'cocked' his leg up and duly pee'd all over my ex's new trousers (got into his shoe and sock too)

--ooOoo--
    Age is a question of mind over matter, if you don't mind, it doesn't matter
    Leroy (Satchel) Paige (1906-1982)

Mickey Mouse's girlfriend, Minnie, made her film debut, along with Mickey, in "Steamboat Willie" on November 18, 1928.
    That date is recognized as her official birthday.

Thread Information