Thread: Can

Forum Bombshell - Our Queen! Lory's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Can

If your a softy like me, make sure you grab the tissues before you watch THIS

MODERATOR AT YOUR SERVICE
    "If you're going to do something tonight, that you know you'll be sorry for in the morning, plan a lie in." Lorraine

Omnipotent Moderator Tiggerbabe's Avatar

Re: Can

You were not wrong, Lory but thanks, I'm glad I watched it
    "If you rebel against high heels, take care to do so in a very smart hat.'' George Bernard Shaw

Commercial Operator

Great video to watch when you think you're having a hard time of things. Kinda puts things into perspective. Thanks for posting it Lory

up the motorway, turn left, turn left, through the bends.......

What a wonderful brave person

that was an amazingly well constructed film.

Powerfully emotive, and very insightful.

Fantastic!

wow! What a hero.

Wow. What an achievement! Although it was sad in some respects and I didn't know the people involved by the end of it I felt really pleased for them, it was obviously something they really wanted to achieve and they did.

It made me think that sometimes we give up on things too quickly, which in turn reminded me of the following quote.

Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway

Whoah What amazing words CAN and DO are!

Although not in the same league as this enthusiast for life, I vaguely remember being told by a doctor that I would find it very difficult to walk, and that I shouldn't even think about running.

I am sure that half of what made this man so incredibly alive is what stirred in me - the determination to prove the pesimistic doctors wrong!!

If you believe doctors without question and don't push your barriers then you will end up curled up in a box not enjoying yourself and not living!

I vote for Living - and Dancing of course

Whitetiger

That is beautiful.

have seen a story of these two amazing people on TV before and I knew what to expect.. didn't stop me going all moist eyed like a big girlie though

A truly wonderful and inspiring piece of film work !!

Thanks Lory - Vince told me to grab a look at your post, as he thought at least I might end my day blubbing about something wonderful and inspiring - (that had even got to him - but don't tell anyone!! )

I spent all morning trying to work, but crying over the little 6 year old boy (only 2 months older than my youngest) who had died after being thrown off a hotel balcony by his father. Along with himself, the father also took his 2 year old daughter. A woman who was at the resort and went to the aid of the family called LBC radio this morning and it was her first hand information & response when Nick Ferrari asked her how the mother was, that just finished me off.

I spent all lunchtime getting wound up trying to call my boys (and getting no reply!!) as they had spent their first night sleeping over at their fathers (a good thing!!) - but I just needed to talk to them!!

Then I spent the evening sobbing, as my boys & I watched Animal Park (set at Longleet) to become informed that Babs the 37 year old Rhino was suffering and after 13 years of being with them, the keepers had to put her down.

All in all... a bit of a red eyed, teary day!

However, I must say your clip has lightened my mood a little. For, I do believe that love is by far the most precious gift we are all capable of experiencing, but it is what we do with it and how we choose to use it, that will give our lives worth & true meaning.

In my opinion, the depth and power of love a mother (& some fathers ) feels for her child(ren) compares to nothing I can explain in words. So when I watch something like this video clip, it warms my heart and I feel full of admiration and compassion for people (from all walks of life) that overcome all kinds of hurdles in life - all down to the power of love. That has to make anyone smile.

Sorry for the rant!

Commercial Operator

Thankyou!

How amazing and heart rending.

Thread Information