Page 1 of 25 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: For those of you who believe in crystal healing...

For those of you who believe in crystal healing...

There is another entertaining read from Prof Bob Carroll here

Re: For those of you who believe in crystal healing...

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shnikov View Post
    Am I missing something - what does the article have to do with crystals? (I searched but did not find the word crystal anywhere in it).

Quote Originally Posted by David Franklin View Post
    Am I missing something - what does the article have to do with crystals? (I searched but did not find the word crystal anywhere in it).
    I'm sorry, David.

Perhaps I should have subtitled it, for those of you who are - perhaps a bit literal...

"GULLIBLE NEW-AGE NITWITS"

I'm sorry, David.

Perhaps I should have subtitled it, for those of you who are - perhaps a bit literal...

"GULLIBLE NEW-AGE NITWITS"
    Well pardon me for thinking the original post in a thread would actually have something to do with its title.

This article seemed to me to be un-scientific science, and there has always been too much of that about.

I have to agree that de-stressing people can be very good for them, but you do not have to go off the forum to see anecdotal evidence for that. It is one of the reasons we in a ridiculous activity like dance.

I bought a 1930's health appliance at a car boot sale. It was called the "Q-ray" (sounds like Curie). It was to treat muscle and joint ailments, designed to wrap around the arms and legs. It said on the box that it had been endorsed in parliament.
    It was mains electric - 1930's wiring asbestos insulated and contained radium crystals
    Now isn't that a ridiculous proposition, that radium crystals could affect your health?
    The body is all energy, and all over it atoms are taking in energy at one frequency and emitting at another. Crystals do the same. The scientific fact is the we do not know in any detail the particular effects of particular frequencies upon our body. There may be only a few microwatts going into a mobile phone, but that little energy does have an effect, otherwise we could not hear it. What frequencies are DNA and RNA tuned in to?
    Psycho-babble covers a wide spectrum, and there is far too much junk in it, but somehwere in it there may just be vital messages for the human race.

Quote Originally Posted by bigdjiver View Post
    This article seemed to me to be un-scientific science, and there has always been too much of that about.

I have to agree that de-stressing people can be very good for them, but you do not have to go off the forum to see anecdotal evidence for that. It is one of the reasons we in a ridiculous activity like dance.

I bought a 1930's health appliance at a car boot sale. It was called the "Q-ray" (sounds like Curie). It was to treat muscle and joint ailments, designed to wrap around the arms and legs. It said on the box that it had been endorsed in parliament.
    It was mains electric - 1930's wiring asbestos insulated and contained radium crystals
    Now isn't that a ridiculous proposition, that radium crystals could affect your health?
    The body is all energy, and all over it atoms are taking in energy at one frequency and emitting at another. Crystals do the same. The scientific fact is the we do not know in any detail the particular effects of particular frequencies upon our body. There may be only a few microwatts going into a mobile phone, but that little energy does have an effect, otherwise we could not hear it. What frequencies are DNA and RNA tuned in to?
    Psycho-babble covers a wide spectrum, and there is far too much junk in it, but somehwere in it there may just be vital messages for the human race.
    Congratulations, Big DJ. You managed to write a lengthy post which has me utterly
    baffled.
    Obviously, radium crystals do affect your health. Not in a way which might encourage you to get really close to them.
    As for the rest - the stuff about energy and frequencies worried me, then you mentioned psychobabble, which reassured me, then your final few word - either a fabulous parody, or you are a lost soul...

Well pardon me for thinking the original post in a thread would actually have something to do with its title.
    Well, one would, wouldn't one? Just - you know, think metaphorically from time to time...

Radiation often makes me feel much better.

(reading pms)

Why exactly should this have a beneficial effect on anyone's health? It's just a collection of photons striking the optic nerve after all....

Happy to be a "lost soul"......

Be Well,
    Christopher

Registered User El Salsero Gringo's Avatar

Foolish boy. Will you never learn?
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdjiver View Post
    What frequencies are DNA and RNA tuned in to?
    93.2 MHz, mine is - Radio 4, from Crystal Palace. Shipping forecast, anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by El Salsero Gringo View Post
    93.2 MHz, mine is - Radio 4, from Crystal Palace. Shipping forecast, anyone?
    ...so if I stick my finger in your belly button, will I be able to hear R4 too?

*sigh*
    Okay, I can tell from the way the article was written, and I guess the website it is based in, the writer did not believe in the techniques employed by this particular practitioner. As usual becuase there is no easy way to measure the subtle body and the effect one person can have on it.
    [rant]
    I am dissapointed that the practitioner charges exorbitant amounts of cash to "teach" these methods. These techniques and understandings are age old, and to charge more than what most reasonable people can afford, this means the person is lost in the path to true centredness because they have not let go of the material world enough to be separate from it.

I know I'm sounding like a new age quack here, but it frustrates me that there are so many "practitioners" out there, some of which are simply using the placebo effect, who are charging more than what is reasonably worthwhile to act as a guide for someone who is seeking help.
    I am someone who wil in most cases give someone the benifit of the doubt, however, I will also test and feel the differenct between a fake and a true master, sadly, many are not in tune with themselves, and therefore, are not in tune with wha gives them guidence. so they just end up materialistic w*nkers.
    [/rant]

sorry... some things peeve me :sorry:

Commercial Operator

There is much to be gained from crystal healing, sekhem, kineisiology, reiki and the like. (excuse any misspelling)

Harold Shipman hasn't single handedly proven that the Western Medical approach doesn't work either. We've all heard stories of bad psychotherapists, hypnotherapists, etc. These don't detract from the healing modalities, either.

It takes more than one Charlatan to bring down any healing modality. There is too much good being done to pooh-pooh these techniques. If in doubt, see for yourself...

...so if I stick my finger in your belly button, will I be able to hear R4 too?
    Stick your finger in my belly button, and you'll certainly see stars!

Quote Originally Posted by Ceroc Jock View Post
    It takes more than one Charlatan to bring down any healing modality.
    How many does it take then?

(And what in the name of Bach's Flower Remedies is a 'healing modality'?)

Stick your finger in my belly button, and you'll certainly see stars!
    ...wouldn't that be television? I can usually only hear them on the radio...

How many does it take then?

I think it's jolly unsporting of you to ask such difficult questions right at the start, El.

You ever heard of "learning modalities"? All they are are variations on how the teaching is delivered. I don't know why they can't just say that...

I'd guess that "healing modalities" are the same, but for "healing".
    Let your mind go and your body will follow. – Steve Martin, LA Story

I think it's jolly unsporting of you to ask such difficult questions right at the start, El.
    It wasn't supposed to be a difficult question. (El? El? El?)
    Quote Originally Posted by ducasi View Post
    You ever heard of "learning modalities"? All they are are variations on how the teaching is delivered. I don't know why they can't just say that...

I'd guess that "healing modalities" are the same, but for "healing".
    Hmm. Let's not guess. Let's hear the answer from someone who knows!

Quote Originally Posted by quiet_flame View Post
    no easy way to measure the subtle body and the effect one person can have on it
    Gosh, why would that be, then?
    These techniques and understandings are age old, and to charge more than what most reasonable people can afford, this means the person is lost in the path to true centredness because they have not let go of the material world enough to be separate from it
    "True centredness" - ya gotta laugh!!
    I know I'm sounding like a new age quack here
    (bites tongue)
    I will also test and feel the differenct between a fake and a true master, sadly, many are not in tune with themselves, and therefore, are not in tune with wha gives them guidence. so they just end up materialistic w*nkers.
    Wow, like, right on!, Yoda. What test do you use, O sage one?
    Quote Originally Posted by CerocJock
    There is much to be gained from crystal healing, sekhem, kineisiology, reiki and the like
    Um - no there isn't. Show me any piece of hard evidence that even begins to suggest that crystals can have any effect on a living organism. Other than, as set out in other posts, through electromagnetic radiation, or if a large enough chunk fell on someone from a serious height.
    Harold Shipman hasn't single handedly proven that the Western Medical approach
    Blimey. Western medicine might have a lot to answer for but to suggest that Shipman was in any way representative of of it is harsh in the extreme!!
    It takes more than one Charlatan to bring down any healing modality. There is too much good being done to pooh-pooh these techniques. If in doubt, see for yourself...
    Yah. The stuff that these people write about is what undermines 'alternative' medicine. It's patently clear that NONE OF THEM have a clue what they are talking/writing about. And that includes the ones who had medical training. God help the poor schmucks who had the misfortune to encounter some of these quacks while they were practising 'western medicine', and before they 'saw the light' and became homeopaths, or crystal healers, or whatever.
    NB Can anyone point in the direction of a non-medical 'healer' who doesn't charge for his or her services?

It wasn't supposed to be a difficult question.
    Oo! You story!
    Hmm. Let's not guess. Let's hear the answer from someone who knows!
    O, I don't know. Guessing's part of the fun. Then we can all be just as confused as new age healers appear to be.

Thread Information