Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Ugly women/men don’t get dances

Re: Ugly women/men don’t get dances

Quote Originally Posted by Aleks
    I think that Gadget has it right...it's to do with confidence. There are many ways of learning confidence. Carrying it over from one area to another is a great trick once you master it.
    There are many people who aren't magazine-model beautiful (male or female) who are nevertheless immensely attractive.
    There are also others who quake inside in certain circumstances, but noone would know!

You’re dead right. Think I’ve mentioned this before, but my non-forum friend whom I go with is much slimmer than me (weight, or slimness seeming to be one of those factors that affects “attractiveness”), but sometimes her body language just screams “leave me alone” – so the guys do. And I’ll get asked to dance instead, because I’m standing around looking, uhm, “available” (to dance that is!)

Quote Originally Posted by stewart38
    It a generalisation without merit but I do see some shall I say non attractive women sitting there looking like there waiting to see the dentist
    And the less she gets asked to dance, then the louder her body language speaks. And it’s not that she’s unattractive (she's very pretty) – she’s just shy.
    Last edited by Twirly; 14th-August-2006 at 02:25 PM.

That would only work if the poll was anonymous because some people might feel they are good looking but wouldn't want people to think them arrogant.

Quote Originally Posted by Lory
    I went to Luton on Friday, where I only recognised '3' men.

Guess how many times I got asked to dance?................ yes, you got it, 3!

I, asked the men based on, who looked like they weren't going to pull my arm off, it was as simple as that really

Oh yes, I also got refused twice, with no reason, one guy said, oh no, and almost ran so reading this is a bit depressing really
    I was at Luton on Friday, and was kept busy trying to give all of the ladies I knew a dance. I was asked twice. I spent most of the rest of my time trying to give ladies that were not getting their share a turn. I asked 4 unknown ladies for a dance just based on their looks.
    I regret that I am still unable to recognise Lory. I had two possibles in mind as being her, but never saw either of those free.
    There were a few what are to me special tracks and I scoured the ladies sitting out for any that looked like they were up for them, but saw no-one. I think that the vibes being given off have a lot to do with how often people are asked.

Quote Originally Posted by stewart38
    Works for men as well
    mmmmmm well I asked you to dance, must have been your BIG SMILE and bubberly personality

Smile Re: Ugly women/men don’t get dances

I tend to choose women on their dance ability, and will like others here, quite often sit out and watch. Only women I avoid are those who I classify as grippers, or miserable cows (no eye contact, no smile, and usually a bitter and twisted individual).

I always make a point of dancing with beginners.

Going back to when I started dancing, I use to be very nervous about dancing with women who tended to be good looking and dressed to impress (lots of bling and sparkle on). Experience as shown that these ladies as a rule, tend to be average dancers at best, and in some cases bloody awful. Given a choice I will always opt for a good dancer than for someone's looks. Unless of course Angeline Jolie happens along to one of the venues I visit

Onkar

Quote Originally Posted by bigdjiver
    I was at Luton on Friday, and was kept busy trying to give all of the ladies I knew a dance. I was asked twice. I spent most of the rest of my time trying to give ladies that were not getting their share a turn. I asked 4 unknown ladies for a dance just based on their looks.
    I regret that I am still unable to recognise Lory. I had two possibles in mind as being her, but never saw either of those free.
    There were a few what are to me special tracks and I scoured the ladies sitting out for any that looked like they were up for them, but saw no-one. I think that the vibes being given off have a lot to do with how often people are asked.
    are there loads more women at Luton then , i live 8 miles from there only been twice maybe i could help out

Quote Originally Posted by onkar
    I use to be very nervous about dancing with women who tended to be good looking and dressed to impress (lots of bling and sparkle on). Experience as shown that these ladies as a rule, tend to be average dancers at best, and in some cases bloody awful.
    You've not met Sparkles then, Onkar?

Commercial Operator

Quote Originally Posted by Piglet
    That should be my post! Aleks you are stunning - I'd swap bodies (that includes heads btw) with you any day of the week
    Piglet,

Are you saying that your head isn't as good as Aleks'?!?

OK, OK... 96 to go...

Just thinking this through.... shouldn't Ceroc venues end up like this:

The ugly bad dancers only dance with each other
    The ugly good dancers only dance with each other
    Good looking bad dancers only dance with each other
    Good looking good dancers only dance with each other

I did once ask someone to rate me out of 10 for looks and personality

Oh and for good looking above average dancers - try Jango (and Greenwich / Bow )

Dance in beauty,
    Christopher

Quote Originally Posted by Ceroc Jock
    Are you saying that your head isn't as good as Aleks'?!?
    Yep and nope but she aint sharing my man to prove it!

Which reminds me - did you see that Dawn French interview of comedians last night - excellent line from Sarah Silverman

"I was licking jello off a pen1s the other night when I thought "OH NO!"..

I really am turning into my mother!"

(God forbid! is all I can say! And sorry for hijacking your very entertaining thread Stewart)
    Last edited by Piglet; 14th-August-2006 at 03:02 PM.

Ceroc N.I. Franchise Owner drathzel's Avatar

That should be my post! Aleks you are stunning - I'd swap bodies (that includes heads btw) with you any day of the week
    LW thinks you are really sexy too!

Formerly known as DavidJames David Bailey's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TiggsTours
    As for the women side of things, I agree that its the attractive women that get all the dances though, and many men I have asked agree.
    So men are shallow and women see the inner beauty? Hmmm, maybe.

I'm sure we've had this one a lot of times - I say what I've said a lot of times in response.
    Attractive (e.g. dress sexy, good figure, everything on display, "signals" etc.) women are more popular, because they're attractive. They'll get more dances than unattractive ones, all things being equal. Life is tough that way.

However, they may not get better quality dances, because the more experienced male dancers usually choose the better female dancers, not the better-looking female dancers.

So I think they'll learn a lot, quickly, because of the volume of initial dances - but then I think they may plateau, and find it more difficult to get good dances and to improve than the ones who've had to work their way up the hard way.

Quote Originally Posted by TiggsTours
    If there is an OKish dancer, who's, say, 22 years old, very slim, very pretty, wearing sexy clothes, available, etc. and a middle aged, slightly overweight woman, who is an absolutely fabulous dancer standing next to each other, many men have admitted to me that it would be the young pretty one they make a beeline for, and just scanning a dancefloor on an evening will generall confirm that to be true!
    Probably true - but of the men who say that, how many are really good dancers?

I don't think I've come across any drop dead gorgeous dancers who aren't also great dancers
    Christ, I have - too many times. They're the ones who think they know everything - they tend to make each dance a painful experience.

FWIW, my personal criteria for "choosing a dance partner" are, in order of importance:
    • Dance ability
    • Attitude
    • Looks

Well from a females perspective I'm happy to dance with anyone of any ability, age, good or not so good looking. Is obviously a bonus to dance with a gorgeous hunk who's a fabulous dancer. The only thing that makes me not want to dance with a man is when they stink of B.O. like they haven't bathed for a week & never used deodorant. Or someone that is so rough that it feels more like a wrestling match than a dance.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidJames
    [*]Dance ability
    How do you assess this if you've never set eyes on them before?

You can't *always* tell by watching someone. Dunno what guys look for in followers.

However, by watching for even part of a track (more than a few seconds!) it is fairly easy to see if a lead is dancing on time and what sort of moves they are doing - I tend to avoid asking "drop monsters" and pretzel addicts. Co-ordination is also sometimes "spottable" - is the lead dancing 'neatly' or are they dancing with huge steps and/or arms and legs seem to be all over the place. I tend to avoid asking leads that look like demented frogs. Whether their partner looks like they are enjoying themselves can also occasionally be an indicator.

None of this is foolproof though - as connection and individual style vary and preferences vary so much. There are guys I enjoy dancing with who others don't, and vice versa.

Quote Originally Posted by spindr
    Availability, Confidence, Posture, Flexibility, Stamina, Muscle tone are all likely to mean that you are a better dancer. They're also likely to be keyed to attractiveness.

If you're sat down all the time, then availability is questionable (might not be wanting to dance), apparent confidence is zero (or you would be asking), posture is negligible, and apparent stamina is zero (or you would be dancing).

SpinDr
    Funnily enough, I find that if I don't manage to grab someone in that crucial 1st 30 second window of a track, I'm more likely to get approached for a dance if I go and sit down than if I carry on standing by the dancefloor.

I have no idea why that is.

I know her as a forumite, but don't think I have danced with her. What category would you put her in Rob?

Onkar

Quote Originally Posted by onkar
    I know her as a forumite, but don't think I have danced with her. What category would you put her in Rob?
    For Goodness sake you can't treat people like that
    Leave the poor girl alone or I will start putting you in categories and I think you can give it but can't take it.

*** what is it with the boys today?

Quote Originally Posted by LMC
    Dunno what guys look for in followers.

Thats easy, see if the leader is struggling/straining.

Onkar

Quote Originally Posted by WittyBird
    For Goodness sake you can't treat people like that
    Leave the poor girl alone or I will start putting you in categories and I think you can give it but can't take it.

*** what is it with the boys today?
    You would put me what 9 on looks 10 on personaility

Thread Information