View Poll Results: Which one are you going to?

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chester Guildhall

3 42.86%
  • Swinton Masonic Hall

1 14.29%
  • Congleton Town Hall

0 0%
  • Sandbach Town Hall

0 0%
  • Whats the "North West"? There be Dragons there?

3 42.86%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: North West 12th August Choices

North West 12th August Choices

Like buses ... suddenly 4 come along.....

This weekend we've got FOUR freestyles on in the North West.
    • Barnside Jive at Swinton, usualy frequented by a more 'mature' set.
    • Ceroc Nantwich at Congleton Town Hall??? About 30 miles from their home base due to building works at Nantwich Civic.
    • Hot Roc at Sanbach (aka the Sweatbox)
    • Blitz Chester at Chester Guild Hall

Guess which one I'm going to

As an organiser it must be depressing to find you are up against 3 other organisations. The only saving grace for Chester is that they ALWAYS sell out. Is that a record? Do any other freestyles always sell out?

Re: North West 12th August Choices

I was going to go to Nantwich, but is the new location and I had heard it wasn't so good, and the I noticed one in Kirby in Ashfield its advertised as MJ but is putting on Northern soul, and Mowtown so I thought I would give it a go, as any one ever been?

Donna

Quote Originally Posted by Gus
    Like buses ... suddenly 4 come along.....

This weekend we've got FOUR freestyles on in the North West.
    • Barnside Jive at Swinton, usualy frequented by a more 'mature' set.
    • Ceroc Nantwich at Congleton Town Hall??? About 30 miles from their home base due to building works at Nantwich Civic.
    • Hot Roc at Sanbach (aka the Sweatbox)
    • Blitz Chester at Chester Guild Hall

Guess which one I'm going to
    Well as tony the tiger says - GGRRREEAAT!!!!!! See you this weekend!! Should be a fab night, as always.

Personally I would happily choose to try either Congleton or Sandbach as they are local venues, close to home. But with 4 dances on the same night, I will choose to stay at home bothering the PMC.

I'm not prepared to take a gamble on which one of the two local venues will be the better night.

I hate buses...

Daisy

(A Cross Little Flower)
    Last edited by Daisy Chain; 9th-August-2006 at 12:20 PM.

Commercial Operator

Hi Guys,
    Don't forget Revolution Dance at Knutsford Civic Cr, Last Month they had Fantastic Music, more akin to Beach Boogie & Southport, Dance Cabaret & Cole Page an International Swing Singer to Calm things down, with Free Tea/Coffee & Cake for the last half hour.
    A Huge Success and almost a sell out, not bad for their first one!

Their next one is on Saturday the 26th August, which includes a 1 hour workshop, prior to the dancing, on being the perfect partner, rather than interrupting the night with a 'Fun Class', with have Cabaret planned & Complimentary Tea/Coffee & Cake for the last half hour, with more Swing & Blues Singers planned for later in the year.
    Certainly not your normal Saturday Night Dance!

Was anyone on the forum there, or have you been to their regular Wednesday Nights, with Keith & Phil teaching?

Commercial Operator

Quote Originally Posted by Keith

Was anyone on the forum there, or have you been to their regular Wednesday Nights, with Keith & Phil teaching?
    I Was There At The Last One, And Had A Great Time. The Music And Dancers Were Indeed Very Good (Except The Blues Room Which Was Somewhat Neglected, And I Shall Refrain From Commenting About The Singer) Why Are We Using So Many Capital Letters? Is It A Stylistic Thing?
    Last edited by straycat; 9th-August-2006 at 02:03 PM.

Donna

I was. & what a great night it was too!! Good to see you and Janey again. Great music, and loved cole page! ~What a true pro! He could talk to me and sing at the same time!!! Loved the atmosphere there and the cakes/coffee/tea - spot on! yum yum!

So, this cabaret, are you both giving us all another performance then?

Donna. x

Quote Originally Posted by straycat264
    ......Why Are We Using So Many Capital Letters? Is It A Stylistic Thing?
    .... and a subtle hijacking of the thread to boot Shame its going head to head with Stockport Town Hall. Should be interesting to see how it does against the biggest freestyle outside London. With the recent comments on the Stockport's music (not entirely positive ) it could be that Stockport's dominance is over.

Quote Originally Posted by Daisy Chain
    ......I'm not prepared to take a gamble on which one of the two local venues will be the better night.?
    Urrr Chester is always a good night and does seem to attract the better dancers, probably due to the music. Congleton suffers as despite the fact its a great venues, its MILES away from its dancers (i.e. the Nantwich lot) so probably won't do well. Sandbach has to overcome the history from its last freestyle where it attracted about 40 dancers, half of whom left after the cabaret.

Donna

Sandbach has to overcome the history from its last freestyle where it attracted about 40 dancers, half of whom left after the cabaret.
    Oh yes, I remember that - and it was on the same night as Coolcatz. Explains why only 40 turned up then. Mind you, Nigel and Nina were doing a cabaret at Sandbach that night - they must have been gutted!

Commercial Operator

Quote Originally Posted by Donna
    I was. & what a great night it was too!! Good to see you and Janey again. Great music, and loved cole page! ~What a true pro! He could talk to me and sing at the same time!!! Loved the atmosphere there and the cakes/coffee/tea - spot on! yum yum!

So, this cabaret, are you both giving us all another performance then?

Donna. x
    Hi Donna was great to see you & Steve & glad you had a great time.
    Cabaret this time is curtusy of Phil & Yuko, only the best

As for going head to head with Stockport, we are some miles apart and so I hope nobody suffers, so much so that I will be advertising their night in my next Danceindex news letter.
    Much better if we can all get on.

Most of this so called 'going head to head', often comes about, due to venues only having certain nights free & the fact that we generally only get 4 Saturdays in the month.

Thanks for your kind comments, we're loving it & having a ball.

A Huge Success and almost a sell out, not bad for their first one!
    Hi babes,

Is there a web site I missed the last event

Or can I get on the mailing list.

I'm glad it went well for you, count me in for the next one

Donna

Cabaret this time is curtusy of Phil & Yuko, only the best
    Yeah Yuko's working in Japan now isn't she?

Heard Phil is teaching the first Wed every month now! Should try and make it up there sometime during the week. Will definately be there for the next freestyle.

By the way Keith, any chance of extending it until 1.00 a.m? It wasn't long enough last time!

Commercial Operator

Hi again,
    Great to hear from you Fletch.
    The Website is www.revolutiondance.co.uk or if you email me your address I'll put you on my newsletter.
    And still trying for the extension so to speak

Donna

And still trying for the extension so to speak
    . Fab!

Most of this so called 'going head to head', often comes about, due to venues only having certain nights free & the fact that we generally only get 4 Saturdays in the month.
    True. I think the thing is that everyone across the N West has always steered clear of Stockport nights as they were always going to take the lions share of dancers, and that includes venues a lot further away than Knutsford. I'll be very interested in the turnouts, especially as I think that Stockport has relied on its laurels for too long and may get a rude shock.

With the number of clubs in the area it has alwys been an issue with clashing nights thats why Chester/Northwich/Nantwich always avoid clashing. when nights do clash it usualy causes problems. With no intent we decimated Hot Rocs freestyle and your last event had a similar impact on the Cinnamon club. Luckily, the only club we tend to clash, like on our 2nd September event, is Ceroc Manchester and they are about 50 miles away so we attract different dancers.

Urrr Chester is always a good night and ...

Tempted, but too far. Can't be bovvered driving miles home at the end of the night.

Daisy

(A Localised Little Flower)

Hi Guys,
    ... which includes a 1 hour workshop, .... on being the perfect partner,
    I'll send the Present Mr Chain. He could do with learning how to:

...put down the loo seat after use

...replace a spent loo roll

...quite moaning when I warm my cold feet on his back on a cold winter's night

Daisy

(An Already Perfect Little Flower)

Well, just recovering from an excellent night at Chester. As its ticket only (limited to about 120) there was plenty of room to dance and the numbers seemed well balanced. What was really a bonus was realising just how many great dancers there were. In addition to the usual 'NW's finest' (including the UK Ceroc champs ) we had about 12 WCS dancers invade. Oh, not just any WCS dancers, turns out there guys are champions ... was great to see them playing around doing WCS/MJ fusion. Throughly nice people aswell. The upshot of all these good dancers was that as DJ I could play a wider and more challenging range of music, and the dancers seemed to like it! Looking forward to doing it all again at Northwich to an even bigger crowd.

Commercial Operator

Looking forward to doing it all again at Northwich to an even bigger crowd.
    Weel - we can't be there at Northwich this time , but we will be there on 2nd September. Looking forward to that one.

Donna

Well, just recovering from an excellent night at Chester. As its ticket only (limited to about 120) there was plenty of room to dance and the numbers seemed well balanced. What was really a bonus was realising just how many great dancers there were. In addition to the usual 'NW's finest' (including the UK Ceroc champs ) we had about 12 WCS dancers invade. Oh, not just any WCS dancers, turns out there guys are champions ... was great to see them playing around doing WCS/MJ fusion. Throughly nice people aswell. The upshot of all these good dancers was that as DJ I could play a wider and more challenging range of music, and the dancers seemed to like it! Looking forward to doing it all again at Northwich to an even bigger crowd.
    And what a great night it was!

Gus you played some real challenging music there hence the reason the floor was full from beginning to end.

The WCS dancers were amazing to watch. Was quite funny though as I got talking to the swedish one in the loos.

Conversation went something like this:

Me: The WCS looks fab by the way. Where do you normally go to dance?

Her: fvwor fvwor fvwor fvwor fvwor

Me: sorry, repeat that?

Her: fvwor fvwor fvwor fvwor fvwor

Me: oh. and er, just how long have you been doing WCS?

Her: fvwor fvwor fvwor fvwor....

Me: aaaahh AAANYway, nice speaking to you... *runs for toilet door*

Last edited by Donna; 15th-August-2006 at 01:52 PM.

Thread Information