Thread: Recurring nightmares

Recurring nightmares

I have two.

First I should say that i hardly ever dream (as in: remembering anything when I wake up).

But I've had one dream all my adult life. In it, I am back at School. First day of term, in the Cloisters, everybody is cloistering around (see what I did there..?) a huge noticeboard which contains a chart - days and hours across the top and form numbers up the side. You make a note of where you are supposed to be for each lesson in the week, and that's that for the rest of term.

In the dream, I am the only person in the cloisters, and although I am desperately late for class, I can't work out where I am supposed to be. In a variation of the dream I am an adult, post-University, and I'm back at school. Not only can I not work out where I am supposed to be, I can't figure out why I have gone back to school after all these years.

Another dream I've only had in the last few years.

For my job I have to go and visit someone's office. Unhappily I discover that it is in a very tall building which I fear may fall down, and certainly the lifts in the building are frighteningly unreliable. I appear to be the only person who has noticed how unsafe the building is, since everyone else doesn't seem to be bothered. At first I am worried that the building will fall will I am in it - the office is, of course, on the upper floors - and then afterward I am torn between not wanting to stay on the upper floors and being terrified of the dodgy lifts.

Interesting, aren't they?

Anybody else?

Re: Recurring nightmares

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shnikov
    Interesting, aren't they?
    Responsibility and control - key themes for dreams it seems.

I have nightmares quite often, all sorts of variations, but they usually contain some reference to the above.

Donna

I used to have this same dream since I was about 6 right up until the age of 17 or 18, that I was in the middle of nowhere, in a field with a white cottage in the centre. It had a beautiful garden and flower pots on the windows. The house appeared to be empty all the time, and at the side of the house was a ladder. I used to see myself climbing up this ladder, and it kept coming away from the wall. When it hit the ground, I'd jump and wake myself up everytime. weeeiiiiiird!

I've this Weird dream a few times.. usually the same but with subtle differences.

Some unknown power be it government body, black ops, Illuminati or alien overlords (never explained) has decreed that at the stroke of midnight all human knowledge will be wiped from earth, books will disappear, computers emptied, everything but the most basic information removed from peoples minds etc.

And for some reason I and I alone have been charged by this mysterious authority to be solely responsible for what information is left after the wipe.

I'm in an impossibly large library and I'm scribbling down information from various books and encyclopedias, maths, physics, chemistry, medicine etc and people are taking my notes and putting them into some kind of photocopier and getting "printed" (engraved would be a better word) onto steel sheets.

However, I cannot find the books I want, books are missing , misfiled, or up where I can't reach them and time is running out, My hand writing is getting worse and worse and when I read it back it makes little or no sense.

odd eh?

Thread Information