Thread: Internet use and work dont mix again

Internet use and work dont mix again

Well the little S*** at work seem to want me to work and once AGAIN have told me my internet use is unacceptable

Looks like I wont be able to post during the day now so no more rep for me ever

serioulsy could I

a) carry on posting during the day get sacked and say i have a compulsive disorder and should have recieved treatment

b) Find away around it using a clever IT trick

c) be honest to a fairs day work for a fairs day pay (Israel v Lebanon)will sort itself out

anyone else on here been found out at work

the fact i use to go on 100 other sites 3000 times a day is by the by

Ill be on line again on monday night

Papa Smurf
    Blog Entries

Re: Internet use and work dont mix again

Quote Originally Posted by stewart38
    a) carry on posting during the day get sacked and say i have a compulsive disorder and should have recieved treatment
    Proving you need treatment may not be that hard. Most of us would vouch for you.

b) Find away around it using a clever IT trick
    Which trick were you planing on using exactly?

c) be honest to a fairs day work for a fairs day pay (Israel v Lebanon)will sort itself out
    It may not ever be resolved if you stop posting!

anyone else on here been found out at work
    I take regular breaks to stop being confused. Seems to work for me

Registered User El Salsero Gringo's Avatar

Surely the trick is to find a job where you get paid to post on the Forum? Ask Franck if he has a vacancy.

Either that or find a job like mine... I will probably be a high volume poster for a while then disappear for a while - I have to wait for people to finish sections before they hand it on to me... I get large gaps then a deluge.... We have tried to sort it so I get drip fed work, but much to my relief / annoyance they haven't sorted it out yet..

(people nice, work not hard, holidays OK - pay ROTTEN!!)

Whitetiger

Be very careful, I have seen people canned for excessive internet usage, check what your company Internet policy and IT usage policy say, most contain mention of personal usage but have you exceeded this level of use ?

P

I'll be careful, but most people here generally don't mind unless it actually interferes with work.
    As that always comes first they don't seem to see those playing games or internet shopping or on forums, as long as they do their work efficiently effectively and first (my performance review was good, I think I would have got the sack by now if they objected, I am on a FTC... )

If I dissapear completely for a bit then you will know that I have drowned in my river of work...

Whitetiger

Quote Originally Posted by McJester
    Be very careful, I have seen people canned for excessive internet usage, check what your company Internet policy and IT usage policy say, most contain mention of personal usage but have you exceeded this level of use ?

P
    By about a factor of 100

Its lunchtime now so should be ok

But hotmail and things like that and down loading stuff on to works PC is asking for trouble I guess

Mrs Pretzelmeister

I work for local government with positively draconian internet use rules. The only reason I'm on so much now is that I'm out on site with internet access provided by the contractor, so unmonitored. Once I get sent back to the office I'll be a night-owl forumite as well. However, it looks like I will be going to Australia instead so I'll just be 9 hours out of sync!

Quote Originally Posted by LemonCake
    However, it looks like I will be going to Australia instead so I'll just be 9 hours out of sync!
    Ooo you luck girl!! how come? and where too?

Mrs Pretzelmeister

Well it's not exactly fun all the way, I'm going to be home-help to my grandmother who isn't really able to live on her own any more, in the gap between her coming out of hospital/respite care and going into a residential home. So doing shopping/cooking/laundry, playing a LOT of scrabble and being told ancient family stories several times over, and all the trauma that packing up the cottage is bound to involve. She lives in Bowral, about 1.5hrs by train south of Sydney, and I'm pretty sure there isn't Ceroc there! I'll try to sneak occasional nights off to get to Sydney but the main point is being there for her benefit so it won't be a regular thing.

Still, could be worse - NSW Sept-Dec is pretty good and I'll see the jacarandas in bloom

Quote Originally Posted by LemonCake
    Well it's not exactly fun all the way, I'm going to be home-help to my grandmother who isn't really able to live on her own any more, in the gap between her coming out of hospital/respite care and going into a residential home. So doing shopping/cooking/laundry, playing a LOT of scrabble and being told ancient family stories several times over, and all the trauma that packing up the cottage is bound to involve. She lives in Bowral, about 1.5hrs by train south of Sydney, and I'm pretty sure there isn't Ceroc there! I'll try to sneak occasional nights off to get to Sydney but the main point is being there for her benefit so it won't be a regular thing.

Still, could be worse - NSW Sept-Dec is pretty good and I'll see the jacarandas in bloom
    hmm *wonders i Bowral is anywhere near newcastle?*

The CMJ ball is on in that time frame - well worth the effort of sneaking away for - I went up from Melbourne for it last year - it was a Snow Ball last year - no word yet on what the theme is

you are a very good granddaughter - and treasure thatos ancient family stories they are more valuable than you know

Most employers expect you to put your time and effort into your contracted work, internet access is a perk, I don't even get considered for it simply no access at work.

Also the Taxman has decreed that internet access is a taxable benefit if it comes in the course of your employment. As employers get this bill slid in expect more to bar access for non work projects, and enforce it. My place of work is however going to provide a wireless access point in the coffee bar for service users to have access. As service users are not employees there is no tax liability there.

Thread Information