3 8.57%
  • Bourne Hall, Ewell, Nr Epsom

1 2.86%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Weekend 28th - 30th July

Re: Weekend 28th - 30th July

Quote Originally Posted by Zebra Woman
    Well I had a fab night at Chiswick, I only danced in the blues room. The music in the main room when I popped my head in was very much to my taste, but it was hotter in there and I couldn't resist the chilled choons laid on by DJs Foxy and Roky. No fast songs at all , and quite a few I haven't heard before. Excellent job guys I'm sure there will be many requests for repeat bookings.

Me for a start.

More please.

About the floor:

Well, the evidence is overwhelming. It sure is sloped! The spirit level bubble was half out of its box, the skirting was very deep close to the stage and shallow at the back, and the spilt water rushed along the floor towards the stage.

But IMO the music and dancers were so good it didn't really matter. I did feel off balance a couple of times when travelling and spinning, but it wouldn't put me off another visit.

Highlights: Loads of extra men, free ice cream, the big fan blowing in air from outside, lots of hilarity in the car...

Lowlights: Someone nicked my ice cold bottle of water .

ZW
    Do I spot socks with flip flops in that picture? Please tell me it is just an illusion!

Quote Originally Posted by littlewiggle
    Do I spot socks with flip flops in that picture? Please tell me it is just an illusion!
    It's actually worse than that LW, it was

Black tights with cream sandals!

Number 1 fashion sin (but it was only for the journey home btw).

Luckily Trinny and Susanna don't do ceroc, so we can all carry on breaking the rules.

Mutton dressed as lamb.... now that's another favourite

I had a great night at Chiswick last night too... lots of lovely dancers, and not as hot as I was expecting I loved the music in the blues room, particularly towards the end... and had some great dances in there.

I have one gripe about the blues room however- I spent most of my time in the other room, mostly because I found the volume was just too loud. I couldn't believe it- since when is the volume higher in the blues room than in the mainstream room??? It was actually hurting my ears. And yes, I did ask the DJ to turn it down (but couldn't really hear a difference).

Gripe over. Other than that, it was still a great night. Thanks for all the great dances I didn't partake of the free icecream, but thought it was a great idea

And it was lovely to finally meet Jackson Donut too...

Quote Originally Posted by Alice
    since when is the volume higher in the blues room than in the mainstream room???
    Since a couple of rank amateurs are let loose on the equipment.....

And it was lovely to finally meet Jackson Donut too... [/QUOTE]

You too honey.. have seen you around and finally came over to say 'Hi' at long last.. pleased that I did.

Glad you had a good night and to be honest, I did mention to someone about the volume... just thought it was me being old and fussy...

Commercial Operator

Quote Originally Posted by Donna
    Hi

Not much on up here this weekend - again. Doing another demo for Dance North West Friday night. I think Keith's is on in Knutsford, if anybody up this way is interested? Details here
    In a fit of insanity (went straight from the airport without going home first), we went to this - great music, some lovely dancers, had a very good night.

Hi guys i was in edinburgh for the party night at marcos...great music and fantastic dancers..i would like to say thanks to all the women who gave me the pleasure of a dance or 2.

Donna

Quote Originally Posted by straycat264
    In a fit of insanity (went straight from the airport without going home first), we went to this - great music, some lovely dancers, had a very good night.
    Did we get a dance?

Commercial Operator

Quote Originally Posted by Donna
    Did we get a dance?
    Um - I'm afraid I do not know.

I was in something of a daze (we didn't bother going to bed on Friday night), and I'm bad with faces at the best of times (strange but true - much of my people-recognition seems to work on body language and posture) - so while your piccies on here look familiar, I can't say for sure whether we danced or not. What were you wearing?

Dickie Davies' love-child Cruella's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by straycat264
    and I'm bad with faces at the best of times much of my people-recognition seems to work on body language and posture)
    'the reason i'm not looking at your face is because i'm trying to recognise your body language.' Nice try Andy!

Commercial Operator

Quote Originally Posted by Cruella
    'the reason i'm not looking at your face is because i'm trying to recognise your body language.' Nice try Andy!
    Bah. And after all the times I've stared lovingly into your eyes as we danced

Um. What colour are your eyes again?

Anyway. Slightly hampered by not knowing what Donna looks like (except for photos which never help me much), so sorry Donna

If it helps I was the slightly receeding-hairline person in blue t-shirt, turned up with a gorgeous oriental lady, and was probably babbling inanely about Herrang (assuming I still had the power of speech, which kind of deserted me by the end of the evening) - if that doesn't ring a bell, we probably didn't dance

Smile Re: Weekend 28th - 30th July

Well sadly, posting this means I can no longer use the image below as my avatar (and I am even sadder to admit that I own the 12" of that record) but I had a so-so weekend.

Had great fun and giggles en route to Chiswick (and on the dancefloor come to that - sorry for the occasional outburst to anyone who likes to take their Blues more seriously ) and the music in that room (I didn't ever make it to the main room) was much more hit than miss but something wasn't quite right for me and the magic I felt from Slinkys the previous weekend wasn't there. Thanks so much to Jan for driving and the awesome foursome for their company - I'll never look at the Milky Bar Kid in the same light again.

A few end of night Chiswick pics are here

The Jango workshop and T-Jive yesterday were a nice way to spend a Sunday though I didn't dance as much as I maybe could have after the workshop. Amir's workshops are great (which is similarly STBO as saying 'chocolate's great' - which it is especially Green and Black's) - you always feel challenged but never out of your depth. Marc's music as ever was excellent and there were some lovely ladies there. And as ESG explained there were more people there than his pictures might imply.
    Attached Images Attached Images

And it seems (I presume) that each photo upload counts as one post meaning that the first sentence of my previous post will make little sense (well, as little as any of my posts do)

Dickie Davies' love-child Cruella's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by robd
    And it seems (I presume) that each photo upload counts as one post meaning that the first sentence of my previous post will make little sense (well, as little as any of my posts do)

It's OK Rob, we all understand the in you.

The Blues Room was superb and the music gorgeous (including the volume) thank you lovely DJs and will look forward to a repeat performance, which I hope we won't have to wait too long for! Popped into the main room briefly and was surprised to hear them playing latiny, bluesy numbers!

Sloping floor added to the fun and gave an excuse for the odd missed step.

Will look forward to catching up with all you lovely people again soon.

Thread Information