Thread: Hipsters

The Oracle

Hipsters

Just to let people know - Bill & Fran will be at Hipsters in Ealing tonight.

So remember to be on your best London behaviour - rude, refusing all requests to dance, barging into them, all the aerials you can think of...

After all, we don't want to give them the wrong impression...

David

The Forum Legend
    I can't come to Hipsters tonight (off teaching)

Are they dancing anywhere else in London this week? I'm planning on Jive bar tomorrow, and Fulham on Thursday - and I think Brady might be coming to Fulham on Thursday too (with a little gentle persuasion).

Steve

Versailles (yeah, in the chateau itself !)
    Originally posted by TheTramp
    I think Brady might be coming to Fulham on Thursday too (with a little gentle persuasion).

I find that staring fixedly at him and squeezing his hand really hard with my thumb usually work.....oh gentle persuasion

Wxxx

The American Gigolo
    What a fab night at Hipsters with a great turnout of top notch dancers (is that why you weren't there Steve??!!! ). Had many fantastic dances! Plus a double trouble with Bill and Elliott!!!

Sorry Steve, you didn't do as Wendy said, so I'll be heading to the Jive Bar on Thursday night.

Brady

Originally posted by Brady
    ............ so I'll be heading to the Jive Bar on Thursday night.

Brady
    Thanks for the fab dance tonight, Brady. Are you definitely going to the Jive Bar on Thursday? If so, David & I might be tempted to give it a try - we haven't been for over a year. The other option is Fulham Town Hall. Brady, as you are the guest from (waaay) out of town, it's your choice

LilyB

The Forum Legend
    Wish I could have been there tonight. Had arranged a practise with Debs - with the competition so close (27th April), we need to dance more. And we had some fab dances - including 'The Pink Panther'. Never expected to hear that at a ceroc venue in London!!

Have tried to persuade Brady to come to Fulham. Jive Bar has always had a pretty lousy reputation on a Thursday, and Fulham, although crowded, has a much higher standard of dancers. See if you can work your magic on him Lily!!!

Steve

Blog Entries
    Hipsters was awesome tonight - now I understand why they call Bill BTC....

Sorry I didn't catch you, Brady - didn't realise my chance was at hand... Saw the double trouble with Bill and Ell though -

And DavidB, you are a marvel

The American Gigolo
    Lily, thank you for the fab dance!!! And to all the others I had dances with last night as well! I'm planning to meet another friend at the Jive Bar tonight, so I think that's where I will end up. Come on Steve, head over to the Jive Bar. If it hasn't been great lately, why don't we make it a great night??!!! If David and Lily, and yourself come along, I'm sure you guys can drag along some other people as well. Hope to see you all there!

Brady

The Forum Legend
    Sorry Brady....

It'd be great to see you....

But I just couldn't face Jive Bar two nights in a row. If Debs hadn't been there last night. Where does 'lately' come into it though??

I have told a few people also that I'm going to Fulham tonight too, so I really should go there.

I really hope you have a good time though....

Steve

Are you serious??? Are you sure you were at the same Hipsters as me? I was there on Tuesday and didn't see Bill, Fran, Brady OR Elliot. I'm really kicking myself now - how on earth could I have missed all of them? Damn damn damn!!

Though I guess I didn't manage to get there til 10'ish so it was quite a short evening, and I also spent a lot of time at the back of the hall trying to avoid a particular person (yes, that sleaze thing again!)

I did see David and Lily there, but both were dancing and I didn't have a chance to say hello. (Watched Lily having the most awesome dance with Amir - looked fantastic!)

Oh, just thought, were you talking about Tuesday or Wednesday's Hipsters? Maybe I'm getting confused. Maybe I should just shut up now ...

Anyway, hope you all have fun wherever you choose to go tonight (personally, I definitely recommend Fulham, but I've never been to the Jive Bar). And I hope I may have a chance to see some of you at the championships in May.
    Rachel

Originally posted by Rachel
    And I hope I may have a chance to see some of you at the championships in May.
    Hi Rachel - long time no hear !!!

See you in May. I'll share Graham with you if you share your handsome prince with me

Wxxx

Originally posted by Wendy
    Hi Rachel - long time no hear !!!
    Yes, I've been a good girl and immersed in work lately. Have been taking sneaky peeks at the forum from time to time, but it takes so long to catch up reading all the threads nowadays! They've been so funny, though!
    See you in May. I'll share Graham with you if you share your handsome prince with me

Wxxx
    You're on!!

BTW - anything you can do to help get me a dance with Bill? Had a gorgeous but all too short dance with him at Blackpool - would love a repeat!

anything you can do to help get me a dance with Bill? Had a gorgeous but all too short dance with him at Blackpool - would love a repeat!
    Graham I can part with... Bill.... that's a tough one. And I'm still working on my strategy to get more dances with him !!! I'm sure he'll oblige though ..... (and I'm also sure you won't mind me trailing on the floor clinging onto his ankle ???)

Wxxxx

Graham I can part with... Bill.... that's a tough one. And I'm still working on my strategy to get more dances with him !!! I'm sure he'll oblige though ..... (and I'm also sure you won't mind me trailing on the floor clinging onto his ankle ???)

Wxxxx
    Ok then, I'll happily settle for Graham. Hmmm, hang on, though - if you were clinging onto Bill's ankle, would that mean he'd be even slower and sexier to dance with????

I'm missing my handsome prince at the moment - he's up north visiting family and been dancing in Newcastle. Had a good time dancing there, apparantely, but says they're not quite used to his style ... Mind you, is anyone???

Though, to be honest, I haven't yet worked out if I'm missing him more as a dancing partner, or as a chauffeur to share the driving with me when I'm coming home from London.
    R.

if you were clinging onto Bill's ankle, would that mean he'd be even slower and sexier to dance with????
    Jeez, it's worth a try isn't it !!! But if he got any slower or sexier would you be able to cope ??? Mind you he might lose some of his charm if he was trying to kick me away at the same time Mmmm... think we'll have to come up with another idea....

Wxxx

But if he got any slower or sexier would you be able to cope ???
    Well ... I'd just have to try as best I could!

Well ... I'd just have to try as best I could!
    Think you'll do just fine ....

Wxxx

B.T.C.
    Hello everyone......

Just back, unpacked, washing done and all the ironing completed so I can relax and look forward to going to work in the morning

Waht a fortnight ..... first Barcelona, then two nights dancing at Hipsters and then Bowden and finally the marvellous Stockport ( my most fav dance venue !!).

Some absolutely wonderful dances in London and at Stockport - some rather too brief but it was great fun leading Brady and Elliot in double trouble at Hipsters ( thanks guys !).

Anyone not yet booked for the Ceroc Champs should grab a ticket just to watch Lily and Amir......saw them doing a bit of practice and to use a Niall term...it was awesome !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And Brady and I sat and watched the superb Viktor dance and decide having just his feet would be amazing..... nothing flash but just oozed style. Just as well I'm not the jealous type

Anyway a huge thanks to everyone I danced with last week ....and apologies for some poor leading ( I had a pretty bad night mid week!) but I had great fun and it really is hard to think about going back to work. And so much for all that practcie I was going to get with Fran for the comp and with Denise for the double trouble. Ah well, we do have saturday pencilled in .....two weeks today isn't it ????

Thread Information