Thread: Dreams

Dreams

Well I had the weirdest dream - I was all in combat gear complete with rifle at the front line - ready to do battle! Not really sure where this came from - me in combat gear?!! Nah! I'm way too girlie!

Then when that dream had finished, I dreamt I finally found a dance partner ........now I know I'm dreaming! He was only about 20 too..... quite tall, tanned and black spiky hair He knew lots of moves but I was upset in my dream because he couldn't leapfrog! ..............the mind boggles!

Re: Dreams

I think your dream is telling you you may have to fight to get your ideal dance-partner. However you are afraid of doing aerials with him.

Let your mind go and your body will follow. – Steve Martin, LA Story

Little Miss Jazz Shoes Jazz_Shoes (Ash)'s Avatar

I would like someone to analyse my dreams.

Forum Bombshell - Our Queen! Lory's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by littlewiggle
    I was upset in my dream because he couldn't leapfrog!
    Don't worry, I would be too

MODERATOR AT YOUR SERVICE
    "If you're going to do something tonight, that you know you'll be sorry for in the morning, plan a lie in." Lorraine

well how about this for a dream....

i was sat chatting to a lady with purple hair. Then i had a baby vulture whom i was training up in magic, so that i could join the purple lady's coven!!

I gave up analysing my dreams a long time ago!!

I always remember my dreams, which some people say is odd, and more often than not they are really strange!

I once had a dream that burglars trying to escape from the police ran through my elderly nana's house and as they ran through she asked them if they would like tea and a biscuit, to which they said yes! As they were leaving there was a big knock on the door and lots of police outside her house on rocking horses!

I to have given up analysing my dreams!

I once dreamt I was eating a giant marshmallow. When I woke up, my pillow had vanished!

I too have given up analysing my dreams!

Quote Originally Posted by Gojive
    I once dreamt I was eating a giant marshmallow. When I woke up, my pillow had vanished!

I like to analyse dreams, though I'd never claim that my analysis is going to be "correct" or especially useful. (Really, there is no correct analysis of dreams, as dreams are just random sparks of imagination floating through your head while your brain has got nothing else better to do with its time.)

Sometimes though I have been able to pick up on something that the person who had the dream didn't make a connection with, and thus allow them to come to a greater understanding on their thoughts and feelings on some matter.

Anyway, to even begin to analyse someone's dream you really need to know them quite well to know what sorts of challenges that they face in their lives, and the sorts of things that are important to them.

Forum Bombshell - Our Queen! Lory's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Here's a thread where we talked about this once before.. it's quite funny!
    MODERATOR AT YOUR SERVICE
    "If you're going to do something tonight, that you know you'll be sorry for in the morning, plan a lie in." Lorraine

Someone i know was talking aloud in their sleep and it wasn't the usual mumbo jumbo that people sometimes murmur - it appeared to be a ancient/foreign language that they were saying out loud perfectly fluently.............weird!

TiggsTours

I quite often have very bizarre dreams, but my favourite one ever was a few years ago now. I dreamt that I was still a little girl, and living back at my parents and the air conditioning (because my parents have that in their house, obviously) was broken. My mum told me it was because there was a pommefilitie (yup, even dreamt up the name) living in the system, and we had to get it out. The only way to do this was with a bowl of chocolate sauce. We had a to place the bowl in a room, open the vents, and then the pommefilitie came running out, jumped into the bowl, rolled around and stood up laughing. It looked like a brown hamster with a pink circle on its back with white spots on.

I have also been known to walk and talk in my sleep, and once woke myself up getting out of bed, my boyfriend at the time asked where I was going, and I told him I needed to put the shelves up (they were for the files we'd need on a forthcoming client visit at work), as I woke up, and realised how stupid that sounded, I got back into bed and calmly told him it could wait till morning.

Oh my God! I don't mean to go on, but I've just remembered another one! I was on holiday a few years ago with an old boyfriend, and we had single beds we'd pushed together. I woke up and found him sitting on the edge of my bed pushing his one away, when I asked him what he was doing, he grabbed my sheet and started tryin to pull it off me, I kept hold of it and he suddenly shouted straight into my face "Do you want to die?"! So, I gave him the sheet (who wouldn't) and he threw it across the room and held on tight to me. It turned out we were on a boat that was sinking, and my sheet was the sail, and he was just trying to save me from drowning. Ahh, how sweet.

Donna

The only way to do this was with a bowl of chocolate sauce. We had a to place the bowl in a room, open the vents, and then the pommefilitie came running out, jumped into the bowl, rolled around and stood up laughing. It looked like a brown hamster with a pink circle on its back with white spots on.
    HOOOOOW disturbing is that! That wasn't a dream, it was a nightmare!

Oh my God! I don't mean to go on, but I've just remembered another one! I was on holiday a few years ago with an old boyfriend, and we had single beds we'd pushed together. I woke up and found him sitting on the edge of my bed pushing his one away, when I asked him what he was doing, he grabbed my sheet and started tryin to pull it off me, I kept hold of it and he suddenly shouted straight into my face "Do you want to die?"! So, I gave him the sheet (who wouldn't) and he threw it across the room and held on tight to me. It turned out we were on a boat that was sinking, and my sheet was the sail, and he was just trying to save me from drowning. Ahh, how sweet.
    Again I'd have been freaked out as soon as he said, "do you want to die?" But reading the last bit..... aaaaaahhhhh what a relief!

Quote Originally Posted by ducasi
    I like to analyse dreams, though I'd never claim that my analysis is going to be "correct" or especially useful. (Really, there is no correct analysis of dreams, as dreams are just random sparks of imagination floating through your head while your brain has got nothing else better to do with its time.)

Sometimes though I have been able to pick up on something that the person who had the dream didn't make a connection with, and thus allow them to come to a greater understanding on their thoughts and feelings on some matter.

Anyway, to even begin to analyse some one's dream you really need to know them quite well to know what sorts of challenges that they face in their lives, and the sorts of things that are important to them.
    I had a recurring dream during my exams and sometimes when I was stressed out in 3rd year and it reoccurred in 4th year my last year at uni:

the first time I had it I was on the sea and I saw dolphins jumping and swimming along but suddenly I was on the back of one holding the dorsal fin, there was then a low pitched hum, that filled me head and the sky went red with black clouds and then looked behind me and there were Skeletons wrapped in fur coats, flying towards me on hoovers but the dolphins were still swimming despite having no heads.....at this point I woke up shouting "NO!" cold sweat and all that (I know dolphins and like a sign of peace or something like that in dream terms)

I was at a ball wearing Top hat and tails, it was a grand hall with two doors at two corners as you entered the room. On the far side was a balcony where the String quartet was playing and when you went exited either door they went into stairs and brought you round to a massive wide stair case made of White marble. At the top of the stairs was a red rug and then they went off to the left and right up to two main doors.

Well I came in and stood at the top of the stairs and started making my way down and that same hum sounded from the first dream, the room went dark and one skeleton appeared and came towards me and I thought 'You have made me scared so many times but no more' and managed to battle it off. I managed to knock it off the hoover and beat it down with the hoover, the coat came off.

This 6 foot skeleton jumped out of the coat up wreathing in flames screaming and then laughing at it approached me and I thought "No Fear" and then started to fight this thing, and managed to knock it down the second flight of stairs towards the main hall where it lay at the bottom of the stairs smoking and turning into black smoke and disappearing as I strolled into the hall.

Quote Originally Posted by Clueless
    I had a recurring dream during my exams and sometimes when I was stressed out in 3rd year and it reoccurred in 4th year my last year at uni:
    The dolphins from the first dream are your easy life, crumbling below you as the spectre of exams come and disturb your fun.

The second is you looking forward to your grad ball, and the choices that follow on from leaving university, but before you get to enjoy it all you have to face up to your finals.

Or is this a bit too obvious?

The dolphins from the first dream are your easy life, crumbling below you as the spectre of exams come and disturb your fun.

The second is you looking forward to your grad ball, and the choices that follow on from leaving university, but before you get to enjoy it all you have to face up to your finals.

wow, that's like whoa I never thought of it like that, but the stairs led to the same hall.

Following on from your info it must have been this is it one more thing to go hence why I stood and fought 'my daemon' You're good

TiggsTours

Wow! That's great! Do you mind unravelling the mysteries of my pommefilitie dream too?

My best friend once dreamt that her ex-boss was teaching her scientology in a swimming pool, and kept kissing her on the nose, what would that mean? Nothing noteworthy was going on in either of our lives when we had these dreams (on the same night, spookily!)

Quote Originally Posted by TiggsTours
    Wow! That's great! Do you mind unravelling the mysteries of my pommefilitie dream too?

My best friend once dreamt that her ex-boss was teaching her scientology in a swimming pool, and kept kissing her on the nose, what would that mean? Nothing noteworthy was going on in either of our lives when we had these dreams (on the same night, spookily!)
    Not really getting much from either dream...

I'm thinking the "pommefilitie" may actually be you. Perhaps you were feeling tense and needed some sort of release? Some sexual undertones going on there too...

The second dream says to me that your friend thought that her ex-boss fancied her, but was a bit weird. Not sure where the swimming pool comes into it.

These interpretations are probably wrong.

Thread Information