Thread: Rrrrrrriiiiiipppppp!

Rrrrrrriiiiiipppppp!

I was out at a dance in Cardiff this evening. "Do Your Thing" by Basement Jaxx came on, so I grabbed a partner who I usually enjoy dancing with and started really getting into the song. I put her into a drop, lifted her out of it, dropped her again, when..... RRRRRIIIIIPPPP! My trousers ripped right up the back, from crotch to waistband. It's a good job I don't go commando, that's all I'm saying! They were new trousers too, which is annoying. Oh well, at least it gave everyone a laugh, even if it did mean missing out on the last hour and a half of the evening. Next time I will most definitely take a spare pair of trousers, just in case.

Glitter Queen

Re: Rrrrrrriiiiiipppppp!

If they were new, take them back to wear you bought them and complain!

Quote Originally Posted by Baruch

I was out at a dance in Cardiff this evening. "Do Your Thing" by Basement Jaxx came on, so I grabbed a partner who I usually enjoy dancing with and started really getting into the song. I put her into a drop, lifted her out of it, dropped her again, when..... RRRRRIIIIIPPPP! My trousers ripped right up the back, from crotch to waistband. It's a good job I don't go commando, that's all I'm saying! They were new trousers too, which is annoying. Oh well, at least it gave everyone a laugh, even if it did mean missing out on the last hour and a half of the evening. Next time I will most definitely take a spare pair of trousers, just in case.
    A cautionary tale indeed, even though they do nothing for me. Your bag's getting bigger and more all encompassing by the week. This time of year you should be losing weight and not straining the seams so much. Please warn us where not to buy our next pair of troosers. As Andy would say.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitebeard
    Please warn us where not to buy our next pair of troosers. As Andy would say.
    They were cheapies from Tesco. Won't be dancing in them again!

Quote Originally Posted by Baruch

They were cheapies from Tesco. Won't be dancing in them again!
    Ah, right, I'll take care.

However, the local Tesco is presently expanding and will no doubt be promoting eight pound jeans and other catwalk delights before too long. Shall have to peruse with caution. But, down in Sarf Wayles, many moons ago, I bought, probably at Tesco Llantrisant, an insultated bomber jackety thingy I still wear in the winter garden. And, almost unbelievabley, a pair of genuine Wrangler tennis shoey things in tasteful tones of green and blue. Now very faded, stained grassy green, but old favourites and treasured nevertheless as I gaily potter.

I have had more than my fair share of "Rrrrrrriiiiiipppppp!s" recently and I do now carry a spare pair of trousers in my dance "suitcase".

I fear my problem is heavy perspiration causing betty swollocks making all the trouser material very damp and heavy. It clings to the crotch and thigh more than necessary and at the first over exertive lean or stretch it's "Rrrrrrriiiiiipppppp!" again

Do they do a crotch deoderant or maybe waterproof dance trousers

I have had two (3?) "crab-walk, back to the stage" incidents. Now I buy cheap trousers a size too big, just for MJ, and wear a belt.

When my belt broke I improvised, using a safety pin as somewhere to attach the hook to. I was quite proud of my "fix", until I saw a partner keep glancing downwards, and saw that I had so changed the line of the trousers as to create a large suspicious bulge where no bulge should be ...

The Forum Legend

Quote Originally Posted by under par
    Do they do a crotch deoderant or maybe waterproof dance trousers
    Only if you can take the pain. Or maybe a nappy? Incontinence pants??

I used to regularly rip jeans when I wore them dancing. So for a while, I wore martial arts trousers. They were great.

Now I wear baggy trousers. They usually work fine. Though occasinally, I have had a few problems, usually when doing the splits

Dickie Davies' love-child Cruella's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by under par
    I fear my problem is heavy perspiration causing betty swollocks making all the trouser material very damp and heavy. It clings to the crotch and thigh more than necessary and at the first over exertive lean or stretch it's "Rrrrrrriiiiiipppppp!" again
    Too much information!!

Papa Smurf
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cruella
    Too much information!!

yup, you had her at "Betty Swollocks"

should this be in the film quote thread?

I'm sure every male dancer knows all about "betties", but this is the first time I've ripped my trousers. Oh well, I'll just have to make sure I carry a spare pair with me next time. The daft thing is, they were bigger than I usually wear, because I knew I'd be wearing them to dance.

The moral of this story? How about "wear a kilt" for starters?

Thread Information