Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Thread: Israel v Lebanon

Re: Israel v Lebanon

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadful Scathe
    Interesting "logic" he has - if you've not moved away from your home you must be a terrorist
    And if you do move from your home, especially of you are in an ambulance, we'll bomb you anyway. Given the latest killing stats it would seem that its much safer to be a terrorist firing a rocket launcher than an innocent?

First star to the right and straight on till morning...

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shnikov
    And a big welcome to Neil from the Young Ones, everybody!!!
    Hi Rick,

Like er, my point was that it obviously goes beyond merely Israel and Palestine.

Anyway, actually I would be sincerely interested in what you thought of what Alexander Cockburn writes here:

http://www.counterpunch.org/cockburn07212006.html

(Its about five years since I was last in Israel and haven't followed it particularly until now).

Registered User El Salsero Gringo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jiveknight
    Anyway, actually I would be sincerely interested in what you thought of what Alexander Cockburn writes here:

http://www.counterpunch.org/cockburn07212006.html
    Ok, you're not asking me, but it's the usual load of one-sided half-truths and drivel.

No. Look, it's terribly easy to find hundreds of websites on the internet complaining about everything from how the Jews/Israel/Americans/or anyone else are guilty of mass child murder, poisoning ground water, biological experiments, chemical warfare and any number of calumnies. Just because it's on the Internet doesn't mean it's true.

Depleted uranium is not radioactive, not especially toxic and is used in munitions the world over simply because it's extremely dense (2 and half times as dense as lead, from memory) and extremely cheap. It's also used in the nose cones of jumbo-jets and other aircraft for the same reasons.

And no, before you post websites telling me otherwise, I can categorically assure everyone reading that Jews and Israelis don't eat babies.
    Last edited by El Salsero Gringo; 28th-July-2006 at 01:04 AM.

Papa Smurf
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by El Salsero Gringo
    , I can categorically assure everyone reading that Jews and Israelis don't eat babies.
    I thought it was only hindus that didnt eat Veal ? And what about Lamb, most cultures eat lamb.

I thought it was only hindus that didnt eat Veal ? And what about Lamb, most cultures eat lamb.
    Enough. Any more of your wit and I'll have you taken in the middle of the night to the Israeli embassy to be turned into Matzos. (I have that power, you know.)

Formerly known as DavidJames David Bailey's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Unfortunately for all concerned, it looks like we're seeing the start of a proper war now - Israel are mobilising three divisions of reservists, I suspect they're preparing for a re-occupation.

It also looks like the USA is encouraging them to do so - they're making noises about peace, but Bush doesn't want, and I quote, a "fake peace". Yeah, 'coz those fake peaces are so, like, false. I bet they're all made in China or something

Papa Smurf
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DavidJames
    , a "fake peace". Yeah, 'coz those fake peaces are so, like, false. I bet they're all made in China or something
    Indeed. China have acheived a lasting peace in tibet Could it be that it takes a certain type of person to think of peace as something that comes about through anything other than submission by the enemy Keep hitting them till they submit, thats the good ol U.S. of A way, oh and China..and er Britain..er..

they're making noises about peace, but Bush doesn't want, and I quote, a "fake peace". Yeah, 'coz those fake peaces are so, like, false. I bet they're all made in China or something
    A "fake peace" would be where there is an immediate cease-fire with nothing changed on the ground, so that Hizbullah could continue their rocket attacks on Israel. Real peace would include not only a cessation of Israeli attacks, but a complete cessation of Hizbullah attacks on Israeli civilians as well. How to achieve such a situation? Well, as I'm neither a military expert nor a diplomat, I'll leave that to those in the situation.

Papa Smurf
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Baruch
    A "fake peace" would be where there is an immediate cease-fire with nothing changed on the ground, so that Hizbullah could continue their rocket attacks on Israel. Real peace would include not only a cessation of Israeli attacks, but a complete cessation of Hizbullah attacks on Israeli civilians as well. How to achieve such a situation? Well, as I'm neither a military expert nor a diplomat, I'll leave that to those in the situation.
    Its easy. Kill all of the people attacking you, or if you think they might in the future. The Romans used to do that, worked well for a while

Blog Entries

A "fake peace" would be where there is an immediate cease-fire with nothing changed on the ground, so that Hizbullah could continue their rocket attacks on Israel.
    If there's a ceasefire, how can they continue their rocket attacks?

Ceasefires aren't "peace", they're ceasefires. Unless you're referring to Hizbullah's potential to inflict damage on Israel? In which case, it's not exactly the only country in the region with that potential....

Real peace would include not only a cessation of Israeli attacks, but a complete cessation of Hizbullah attacks on Israeli civilians as well.
    I disagree - you're describing a ceasefire, not peace.

Which is why this "fake peace" rubbish Bush is blathering on about just seems like an excuse to do nothing, frankly. Calling a ceasefire a "fake peace" is just counter-productive, unless you don't actually want peace. Peace is a process and typically takes decades, but ceasefires can be achieved in, well, 45 minutes, for example.

Keep hitting them till they submit, thats the good ol U.S. of A way
    USA! USA! USA!

Its easy. Kill all of the people attacking you, or if you think they might in the future.
    F*ckin' A.

Quote Originally Posted by David James
    It also looks like the USA is encouraging them to do so - they're making noises about peace, but Bush doesn't want, and I quote, a "fake peace". Yeah, 'coz those fake peaces are so, like, false. I bet they're all made in China or something
    As any true patriot knows, a "fake peace" is actually a construct of Cheese Eating Surrender Monkeys. Maybe you should just remember who saved your asses in WW2.

Which is why this "fake peace" rubbish Bush is blathering on about
    Why do you hate freedom? People like you shouldn't be allowed to post. If we have peace with the terrorists, then the terrorists have won.
    Last edited by David Franklin; 28th-July-2006 at 12:20 PM. Reason: This post was edited after being flagged by Echelon.

First star to the right and straight on till morning...

Quote Originally Posted by El Salsero Gringo
    Ok, you're not asking me, but it's the usual load of one-sided half-truths and drivel.
    It does seem onesided.

What do you see is happening and any sources you suggest for info?

Papa Smurf
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by David Franklin
    Maybe you should just remember who saved your asses in WW2.
    What, the commies ?

Question: Is "Dialogue" just the name of the book that the US military pick their missiles from?

Blog Entries

What, the commies ?
    Damn, you beat me to it

Question: Is "Dialogue" just the name of the book that the US military pick their missiles from?
    I do like the names of Operations the US chooses - e.g. Operation Enduring Freedom, Operation Lasting Peace And Justice, Operation Kill 'Em All And Let God Sort It Out, etc. It reminds me of the ship names in Iain Banks' Culture novels

And it's much better than the UK names, Operation Linda or whatever...

I think the problem is one of pronounciation; apparently a lot of senior US politicians get confused between "dialogue" and "die a lot"...

I do like the names of Operations the US chooses - e.g. Operation Enduring Freedom, Operation Lasting Peace And Justice, Operation Kill 'Em All And Let God Sort It Out, etc.
    Whatever happened to Operation Iraqi Liberation, I wonder...?

It reminds me of the ship names in Iain Banks' Culture novels
    I'm waiting for the arrival of GSV Unfortunate Conflict Of Evidence...

Papa Smurf
    Blog Entries

From a Scottish viewpoint I suggest such subtle names as..

Operation Malky
    Operation Laldy
    Operation Scunnered
    Operation BawHeid
    Operation Numpties

I do like the names of Operations the US chooses
    Or indeed Operation Truthful Promise, the name Hizb gave for the attack and capture of Israeli soldiers that started everything off.

Keep hitting them till they submit, thats the good ol U.S. of A way,
    Intersting point. If the USA kept out of it all, stooped supplying arms, diplomatic pressure and financing, do you kind think things would resolve themselves quicker?

Question, since 1945 name any and all conflicts where the involvement of the US of A has actualy improved the situation for those initially involved in the conflict?

Thread Information