Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What a pong

Re: What a pong

Quote Originally Posted by Tessalicious
    A tip on a (heeled) shoe storage solution that helps them get plenty of air but out of the way is to hang them by the heels on picture rails. Also makes them easy to find, they don't take up space in the wardrobe, and looks kinda funky too, if I do say so myself.
    Or on a ladder (I have one in my spare room) - you can use the rungs like an open shoe storage unit - very useful if you have lots of pairs of dance shoes.

Quote Originally Posted by Yliander
    when I use deodorising shoe spray every time I wear my shoes no smell!! even with bare feet

which reminds me I need buy some as due to a weight issue I had to leave mine at the airport - anyone able to reccomend a brand?
    Me too; I air my shoes as well, and so far they seem alright! I just use Boots own brand shoe deodorising spray, which seems to do the job.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn
    Or on a ladder (I have one in my spare room) - you can use the rungs like an open shoe storage unit - very useful if you have lots of pairs of dance shoes.
    You must have nicer feet than me. My shoes have to go outside before they walk out on thier own.............

Quote Originally Posted by firefly
    Me too; I air my shoes as well, and so far they seem alright! I just use Boots own brand shoe deodorising spray, which seems to do the job.
    Cool will be in town tomorrow will pop into Boots and pick some up

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Conduct
    You must have nicer feet than me. My shoes have to go outside before they walk out on thier own.............
    I would have nowhere outside to leave them. Maybe I just don't notice the smell...

Commercial Operator

Quote Originally Posted by Donna
    He luuuurves dressing in womens clothes doesn't he?
    You could say that

There are plenty more, but it seems wise to let people get used to the idea before posting them.

Greg

Leather shoes with leather lining and insoles resist the stink quite well, especially when left to air out. Synthetic linings are the worst.

Donna

Quote Originally Posted by Sheepman
    You could say that

There are plenty more, but it seems wise to let people get used to the idea before posting them.

Greg

mmmm good idea Greg!

Donna

Somebody told me that stuff you put in Tumble Dryers to freshen stuff works equally well in shoes. I've never tried it myself though.

Just came back from the chemist and they suggested I try some Potassium Permanganate. I remember years ago when I was living with someone and they had terribly stinky feet. The Chiropodist gave him some of the Potassium Permanganate. My ex asked me to read the instructions for him. At the time I was annoyed and didnt bother reading it. I threw in a teaspoon full of these grains into a bowl full of water and said "here put ya feet in this bowl and stay put for an hour". This he did! The water was a lovely violet colour. After an hour he took his feet out and they were dark blue The water was shin deep so he had blue ankles too I remember laughing so much that my stomach hurt. He was so cross! The more he shouted the more I laughed. It was a day before he was going off on holiday with the lads It took 3 days to finally go It did work! So if you try it remember its just 2 to 3 grains (not spoonfulls)!

Donna

Quote Originally Posted by Missy D
    Just came back from the chemist and they suggested I try some Potassium Permanganate. I remember years ago when I was living with someone and they had terribly stinky feet. The Chiropodist gave him some of the Potassium Permanganate. My ex asked me to read the instructions for him. At the time I was annoyed and didnt bother reading it. I threw in a teaspoon full of these grains into a bowl full of water and said "here put ya feet in this bowl and stay put for an hour". This he did! The water was a lovely violet colour. After an hour he took his feet out and they were dark blue The water was shin deep so he had blue ankles too I remember laughing so much that my stomach hurt. He was so cross! The more he shouted the more I laughed. It was a day before he was going off on holiday with the lads It took 3 days to finally go It did work! So if you try it remember its just 2 to 3 grains (not spoonfulls)!

oh - my - god! I can imagine it!

Dickie Davies' love-child Cruella's Avatar

Just came back from the chemist and they suggested I try some Potassium Permanganate.
    I used to use this to stain wooden furniture with!

Quote Originally Posted by Cruella
    I used to use this to stain wooden furniture with!
    Bet it doesn't smell bad!
    Let your mind go and your body will follow. – Steve Martin, LA Story

Dickie Davies' love-child Cruella's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ducasi
    Bet it doesn't smell bad!
    No and it turns a cheap bit of wood a lovely oak colour.

Hang shoes out of a window and leave overnight. Then sprinkle some Bicarbonate of soda in them the next day, leave outside for a further 24 hours

Bingo fresh as a daisy

Quote Originally Posted by WittyBird
    Hang shoes out of a window and leave overnight. Then sprinkle some Bicarbonate of soda in them the next day, leave outside for a further 24 hours

Bingo fresh as a daisy
    My shoes are beyond all this! They have the potential smell of mass destruction
    Last edited by Missy D; 14th-July-2006 at 06:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jivecat
    Leather shoes with leather lining and insoles resist the stink quite well, especially when left to air out. Synthetic linings are the worst.
    Maybe that's why mine aren't too bad then, the dance shoes I wear regularly are leather lined.

Blog Entries

Did I have some rotten food in my bag? er no! it was my dance shoes
    I can empathise with that; my dance shoes absolutely STINK! I don't usually wear them with bare feet but I have to admit I don't always air them properly so it's my own fault (mind you, even when I do they're still a bit pongy!) and it's now really quite embarassing, although hopefully I'm getting better at the quick-get-'em-off-and-into-the-bag-before-anyone-catches-a-whiff thing...

Plenty good suggestions here though, will need to give them a try (especially liking the "just get a new pair" one, lol! ). Fingers crossed eh, and good luck Missy D!

Thread Information