Thread: Dancing near Darlington, Co. Durham Firday 4th August?

Dancing near Darlington, Co. Durham Firday 4th August?

I am visiting Darlington for a weekend and hoping to get some dancing in on the Friday evening, 4th August. Not had much success finding any freestyles in that area. Anyone know of anything? It can't be miles away as it's almost a 3 hour journey for me to get up there and I have to work beforehand so won't be arriving that early. Anybody know of any events?

Commercial Operator

Re: Dancing near Darlington, Co. Durham Firday 4th August?

Honestly, I don't know. There's nothing in Darlington per se that I know of, with the exception of a monthly Salsa do which I can find out about if that interests you (not sure what day it's on), but the Blitz activity that used to be there is all focussed around Newcastle now. I never can find their freestyle listings - will have to dig out their last mailing from my SO's laptop. There's Ceroc in Newcastle & Middlesborough, but they don't have anything that night that I can see.

Doesn't look hopeful, I'm afraid, but I'll keep looking for you.

Stray

Quote Originally Posted by straycat264

Doesn't look hopeful, I'm afraid, but I'll keep looking for you.

Stray
    Thanks

Commercial Operator

Does Lynn Smith not run Blitz in Darlington any more?.I know she used to....

Commercial Operator

Quote Originally Posted by Dance Demon
    Does Lynn Smith not run Blitz in Darlington any more?.I know she used to....
    She did, but she closed the Darlington venu, and shifted to Newcastle - she has a fantastic venue in Wallsend, with a HUGE and beautiful dance-floor (Thursdays - and holds freestyles there also). She has other venues (there's one in Durham on a Tues), but I don't have the list to hand. Will dig it out. She also used to run freestyles in Darlington from time to time, but I think she stopped that a while back. It's all a bit out of the way for Darlington though - about an extra 45-50 minute drive - which might put it out of LittleWiggle's reach. Assuming there's anything on that night.

The one venue that I know to be open on that date is the Black Swan in Newcastle (aforementioned distance problems, plus it's salsa, not jive). We'll probably be there though.

Dickie Davies' love-child Cruella's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by straycat264
    She did, but she closed the Darlington venu, and shifted to Newcastle - she has a fantastic venue in Wallsend, with a HUGE and beautiful dance-floor (Thursdays - and holds freestyles there also). She has other venues (there's one in Durham on a Tues), but I don't have the list to hand. Will dig it out. She also used to run freestyles in Darlington from time to time, but I think she stopped that a while back. It's all a bit out of the way for Darlington though - about an extra 45-50 minute drive - which might put it out of LittleWiggle's reach. Assuming there's anything on that night.

The Tuesday venue is now closed but she still has the venue in Middlesborough (Marton Country Club) on a Wednesday night. Unfortunately nothing on the night of the 4th Aug, her next freestyle is on the 12th Aug. Wallsend is an absolutely gorgeous venue, I have travelled up a couple of times for a freestyle there. I used to live that way so it's nice to visit old acquaintances, they are a really friendly bunch.

The freestyles in Middlesbrough are on the last saturday of every month.
    The only one on the 4th will be at the Engine Shed, Why not try that one it's not that far from Darlington, 30-40 mins ish it's a really good venue, good music and good dancers.
    It's at the Enging Shed, Wetherby. £6 Dancing 8-1am

Thread Information