Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ten things I hate about dancing

Re: Ten things I hate about dancing

Don't know if I'll make ten but here goes

1. The first dance - always takes me a while to warm up and dance properly
    2. Going to get the person you want to dance with only to see them snatched away by someone else just as you get there
    3. Talking to a friend who your about to ask to dance then someone else pounces
    4. on the flip side Getting asked by somebody else whilst you're trying to get to the person you want to dance with
    5. The partner you get in the class who is doing it all wrong but convinced they are right and throws you off completely
    6. Couples doing walking moves who are too busy looking at their feet rather than where they are going
    7. The vice-like grip some people have - Yes my fingers were enjoying having a blood supply
    8. Getting a dance with a great dancer, only to find you just can't dance right with them
    9.My own dance ability insecurities
    10. Losing what little bit of musicality I have all TOO often

OK looks like I made it to 10 after all....think I'm having one of those days

Juju

Quote Originally Posted by pmjd
    Don't know if I'll make ten but here goes

1. The first dance - always takes me a while to warm up and dance properly
    2. Going to get the person you want to dance with only to see them snatched away by someone else just as you get there
    3. Talking to a friend who your about to ask to dance then someone else pounces
    4. on the flip side Getting asked by somebody else whilst you're trying to get to the person you want to dance with
    5. The partner you get in the class who is doing it all wrong but convinced they are right and throws you off completely
    6. Couples doing walking moves who are too busy looking at their feet rather than where they are going
    7. The vice-like grip some people have - Yes my fingers were enjoying having a blood supply
    8. Getting a dance with a great dancer, only to find you just can't dance right with them
    9.My own dance ability insecurities
    10. Losing what little bit of musicality I have all TOO often

OK looks like I made it to 10 after all....think I'm having one of those days
    Oh, I sooooo identify with everything on that list! Except 1. And 6.

Quote Originally Posted by Juju
    Oh, I sooooo identify with everything on that list! Except 1. And 6.
    I'll if I can think of a couple more then to make it to ten

Thought 1. is more a me thing as I never just switch on to dancing, I need a bit of time to warm up

6. is more common after a class where a walking bit has been added in and lots of people are tryin to practice it in freestyle but don't look where they are going, concentrating on their footwork instead - Footwork?

Ten things...
    1. Sore knees
    2. A bad dance that knocks your confidence
    3. Not getting to dance with who you want when that really great song comes on
    4. When the music stops
    5. Dancers who hurt me
    6. Disappointing dances
    7. Being bored with my dancing
    8. Not giving my partner the attention she deserves
    9. Insincerity
    10. Being tired the next day (or more – think weekenders!)
    Let your mind go and your body will follow. – Steve Martin, LA Story

I'll if I can think of a couple more then to make it to ten

Thought 1. is more a me thing as I never just switch on to dancing, I need a bit of time to warm up

6. is more common after a class where a walking bit has been added in and lots of people are tryin to practice it in freestyle but don't look where they are going, concentrating on their footwork instead - Footwork?
    ahh that is where me and few ppl differ, we go into some deep dark corner somewhere and practice.

About dancing I have a few;

1. Busy dance floors, where there is hardly any room ( and I sometimes travel )
    2. Ladies hijacking the dance
    3. Not being able to dance to swing and sometimes going half a beat fast when I attempt it
    4. My dance insecurities
    5. Really good dancers and dancers who have style
    6. Finding clothes to wear.

(cant think of anymore)

Quote Originally Posted by Clueless
    2. Ladies hijacking the dance
    Depends on what sort of hijacking? I'm usually happy for a lady to do that as they usually end up doing something better than I was thinking of

On the other hand the worst case of that I ever had was dancing with a "forceful" lady who stopped me mid-dance put me into the move she wanted to do, smiled then expected me to carry on. REALLY weird experience, avoided dancing with her again!

Quote Originally Posted by ducasi
    Ten things...
    1. Sore knees
    2. A bad dance that knocks your confidence
    3. Not getting to dance with who you want when that really great song comes on
    4. When the music stops
    5. Dancers who hurt me
    6. Disappointing dances
    7. Being bored with my dancing
    8. Not giving my partner the attention she deserves
    9. Insincerity
    10. Being tired the next day (or more – think weekenders!)

Think I could extend my list with a few from you Ducasi! Actually the way things are going......

Coming soon on Channel 4 100 worst things about dance presented by Jimmy Carr

Mrs Pretzelmeister

1) Just missing the perfect person for the perfect track
    2) Feeling like I don't know enough to dance well with the really good dancers
    3) Woolly leaders (I'm not a mind reader, you've got to make me do it!)
    4) Missing a lead from a good leader and feeling clumsy (even if they're nice about it)
    5) Being too tall
    6) Getting tired out but still wanting to dance (Although I've now found the blues room as antidote!)
    7) Dance withdrawal symptoms on non-ceroc nights
    8) ...

No, I can't do it. Am too addicted to find 10 things I don't like at the moment!

Depends on what sort of hijacking? I'm usually happy for a lady to do that as they usually end up doing something better than I was thinking of

On the other hand the worst case of that I ever had was dancing with a "forceful" lady who stopped me mid-dance put me into the move she wanted to do, smiled then expected me to carry on. REALLY weird experience, avoided dancing with her again!

I have a friend like that I go on dancing and you basically have to trow her into moves cause if you are not Very forceful with you lead she does her own sweet thing and it can really put you off.

Quote Originally Posted by LemonCake
    1) Just missing the perfect person for the perfect track
    2) Feeling like I don't know enough to dance well with the really good dancers
    3) Woolly leaders (I'm not a mind reader, you've got to make me do it!)
    4) Missing a lead from a good leader and feeling clumsy (even if they're nice about it)
    5) Being too tall
    6) Getting tired out but still wanting to dance (Although I've now found the blues room as antidote!)
    7) Dance withdrawal symptoms on non-ceroc nights
    8) ...

No, I can't do it. Am too addicted to find 10 things I don't like at the moment!
    same here

TiggsTours

Quote Originally Posted by mrs_warwick
    You do have to be careful with sat nav though, I live near a ford, and have seen numerous vehicles attempting to cross it or reverse up the road because they have been sent that way by their sat.nav. It is a shorter route to come via the ford, but not quicker, especially when you have to wait for your engine to dry out/the rescue service...
    Sat nav always sends people down the wrong entrance to my road to get to my house, expecting people to drive through a locked toll gate.

Commercial Operator

Quote Originally Posted by Msfab
    Sore feet (especially the balls) at the end of the night
    Keeping your feet and your balls seperate whilst dancing is always good!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ceroc Jock
    Keeping your feet and your balls seperate whilst dancing is always good!!

I like to Keep my feet separated from any balls too......... unless of course I dont like who Im dancing with..... !!

Juju

Just thought of another one.

11. Working all night on reception, then clocking off to find that most folk have off-sodded cos tomorrow's a work day. Pah.

Ten things that can slightly annoy me at dancing (but not hate, I don't think)

1. Venue being too hot and no cool air about via fan or air con or open door.

2. Being told if we want water they will give us a glass but we have to go get our own from the toilet sink - (yeuch!)

3. Being hurt by someone else on the dance floor and not getting an apology - especially if it ruddy hurts.

4. Being hit on my head constantly during returns and getting an inane grin rather than a simple "I'm sorry" (yep haven't danced with HIM for a while.)

5. How the "best dancers" are like honey to a group of bees who never seem to leave them alone and let other mere mortals dance with them - okay so this maybe isn't the case, but it does sometimes feel like it.

6. Country and Western music - aaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggghhh and that includes Shania

7. Guys who love to do combs when they are dripping wet with sweat. And man spins are almost as bad, but at least I can control where my hand goes then.

8. When I hit other people with my stylish (or is it flailing?) left arm. I'm getting better at controlling it though and always try to apologise - though I know if I've been given a dirty look by the victim, then I do cower away instead. Doesn't happen often - phew!

9. How I glowered at a poor innocent girl on Sunday when her partner whirled her into me. He'd missed the first time cos we saw her coming and avoided a collision, but he obviously had a mission cos he struck that second time. Thankfully I felt guilty at said glare and made sure I went and apologised to poor innocent girl - still feel bad though

10. Glasgow and Edinburgh being an extra hour of a drive away - can cope with Dundee, Perth and Stirling (but Stirling's always worth it!)

11. Being surprised I could think of 10 - probably could keep going too

But on the whole I'm very glad that the dancing exists! And that there are such a lot of lovely people who go along to the different venues too It makes all of these moans / groans above fade into insignificance really.

1. Being charged for warm tap water.

2. Men doing drops with me and their sweat falling on my face causing my mascara run.

3.Chronometer watches that catches my head during returns.

4. A tight grip (this is by far the thing I hate most)

5. Being refused, then the person asking someone else.

6. Stinky men doing close moves with me.

7. The comb when the man has a really sweaty wet neck - yuk

8. Men that count out the beat using an up and down motion with their arms causing me to bounce.

9. Men that dont wash their hands after the loo - had a pubic hair on my hand last night that was not mine

10. Inconsiderate dances that repeately bang into you and dont apologise.

I could probably make the list go up to 100!

There are more things I love about dancing than hate though.

please add to list :-

• Very high bar prices (most venues)
    • Having to pay for water (some venues)
    • Having to rest injuries
    • Dance event clashes
    • Car parking (or lack of it in some venues)

--ooOoo--
    Age is a question of mind over matter, if you don't mind, it doesn't matter
    Leroy (Satchel) Paige (1906-1982)

Mickey Mouse's girlfriend, Minnie, made her film debut, along with Mickey, in "Steamboat Willie" on November 18, 1928.
    That date is recognized as her official birthday.

Juju

Wet combs! How could I have missed that one?!

I'm surprised this thread hasn't been more busy. I can always find things to grouch about.

Juju

Quote Originally Posted by Missy D
    9. Men that dont wash their hands after the loo - had a pubic hair on my hand last night that was not mine
    Bleargh!! That is tooooo gross!!!

Thread Information