Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Southport June 2006 DVD

Southport June 2006 DVD

Anyone got theirs yet? How long have previous ones taken to arrive?

I know it's only been a month and that I really should email JA but it's quicker and easier to ask the Q. here.

Robert

Re: Southport June 2006 DVD

Quote Originally Posted by robd

I know it's only been a month and that I really should email JA but it's quicker and easier to ask the Q. here.

Robert
    Mine hasn't arrived yet - not sure how long they normally take

Dickie Davies' love-child Cruella's Avatar

Robert
    Oooops Ignore me!
    That was supposed to be a PM.

Commercial Operator

Robert

Will be ready for despatch in about 2 weeks.

Is it still possible to order them?

Well, my DVD(s) arrived yesterday

Good
    Robert Cordoba's workshops and cabaret performances
    Being able to see what I missed by opting to put freestyle before classes at the event
    Lots of familiar faces in the intro collage and freestyle snippets including a shot of FoxyLady that ends way too soon (if you see it you'll understand)
    £10 cheaper than the Camber equivalent
    Two free passes for the Big Bang in August - can't make the date but it's a nice gesture

Bad
    Both discs are preceded by a notice stating that Anton and Erin could not be included due to their contractual arrangements with the BBC. I am mildly annoyed by this as I would like to have seen their cabarets. If I had ordered the DVD principally for their workshops and cabaret I would be seriously pissed off since no indication was given that they would not be included when ordering the DVD.

Guessing game
    About whom did my fellow viewee observe that 'they really shouldn't wear a fitted shirt'?

Robert

Still no sign of mine

rather dissapointed that Anton & Erin aren't on it as I chose sleep over early freestyle and missed the cabarets but wasn't upset as I figured I would see it on the DVD oh well such is life

Good
    Being able to see what I missed by opting to put freestyle before classes at the event
    Lots of familiar faces in the intro collage and freestyle snippets including a shot of FoxyLady that ends way too soon (if you see it you'll understand)
    £10 cheaper than the Camber equivalent
    Two free passes for the Big Bang in August - can't make the date but it's a nice gesture

Bad
    Both discs are preceded by a notice stating that Anton and Erin could not be included due to their contractual arrangements with the BBC. I am mildly annoyed by this as I would like to have seen their cabarets. If I had ordered the DVD principally for their workshops and cabaret I would be seriously pissed off since no indication was given that they would not be included when ordering the DVD.

got it on Wednesday and meant to put something like the above, but haven't been too compis mentis. I was greatly disappointed in not having the Anton and Erin segments, but can understand the reasons. The Big Bang tickets were a very nice gesture and I will definitely go, assuming i'm well enough by then.

Meanwhile... if anyone has a copy of the Rebel Yell 2005 dvd, could I have a copy please? I won't bore you with the tale of woe, but after 9 months I eventually received an un-marked dvd-r from Annalisa, which doesn't even work grr!

Quote Originally Posted by Rhythm King
    got it on Wednesday ....... The Big Bang tickets were a very nice gesture and I will definitely go,...

Me too , hope you are well enough to go R-K,

arrival time is fairly typical of previous times from JA

Commercial Operator

Good
    Lots of familiar faces in the intro collage and freestyle snippets including a shot of FoxyLady that ends way too soon (if you see it you'll understand) £10 cheaper than the Camber equivalent

Bad
    Robert
    We were disappointed too and had not received any advance warning about their contractual commitments with the BBC, preventing them from appearing. We didn't find out until Sunday.

That disappointment aside, the DVD's content is pretty darn good me thinks and, unquestionably, at only £15 the best value offered to dancers by an organiser.

Commercial Operator

[QUOTE=Yliander]Still no sign of mine

You should have received it by now Yliander, as all those ordered have been posted out. If you haven't received it by tomorrow, please email us with your name and postal details and we'll check it out for you.

Yes, just received it.

For me, Anton and Erins classes/cabaret, Rumba in particular were amongst the highlights of Southport and so their omission is a real shame. Left me with thoughts of trying ballroom classes down here in London.

Robert and Deborah's showcase in the cabaret is outstanding - inspirational! He's a big chap, yet he moves so smoothly! Hated the charleston.

Also liked all the out takes/rushes on the intro - summed up the weekend so well! Nice one Foxylady ... seemed to have all the familar faces, even silverfox!!!

Not sure about bigbang tickets - bit late to organise

chris

Well Anton & Erin weren't a big deal for me – I missed most of their workshops (watched the Rumba one for about 10-15 minutes while Anton slagged off a certain celeb dance partner, then got bored) and don't think I missed much.

I'm going to send in my order as soon as I find a cheque! (John: I like your new web site, but why don't you have on-line ordering yet?)
    Let your mind go and your body will follow. – Steve Martin, LA Story

Donna

Well Anton & Erin weren't a big deal for me – I missed most of their workshops (watched the Rumba one for about 10-15 minutes while Anton slagged off a certain celeb dance partner, then got bored) and don't think I missed much.
    Shame I missed all this - even though Anton & Erin aren't on the DVD. I've never been to Southport yet, so I'm tempted to buy the DVD to see what it's all about.

& Anton? Slagging off another celeb dancer? Gosh, he was doing that at the ballroom blitz auditions. He called me up on stage to dance the cha with him and as he was slagging this dancer off, was asking my opinion. Yeah I just blushed and said, "no comment on that one, sorry!!" Someone who is certainly not afraid to speak his mind or call you silly names! He called me poppet all day!

I'm going to send in my order as soon as I find a cheque! (John: I like your new web site, but why don't you have on-line ordering yet?)

oooooh what's this website then?

Commercial Operator

Quote Originally Posted by ducasi
    We hope our new site is more informative and easier for dancers to navigate around.

We've looked into online booking but it doesn't offer us the ability to properly maintain a gender balance at our events.

Telephone bookings is something we're presently looking at.

Quote Originally Posted by johnah
    We've looked into online booking but it doesn't offer us the ability to properly maintain a gender balance at our events.
    I understand the difficulty (though Ceroc seem to have managed to do it), but I don't think that gender balance is such an issue with buying DVDs...

Even a simple paypal system would be good...

Donna: here's a link to the new-look Jive Addiction web site.
    Let your mind go and your body will follow. – Steve Martin, LA Story

Donna

Quote Originally Posted by ducasi
    I understand the difficulty (though Ceroc seem to have managed to do it), but I don't think that gender balance is such an issue with buying DVDs...

Even a simple paypal system would be good...

Donna: here's a link to the new-look Jive Addiction web site.

Thanks Duc.

Got mine today had a quick look the Robert & Deborah dances i was'nt that impressed with the first 1 tho their 2nd dance was fantastic. For a big man he moves so well i wish i could dance like that.

My only dissapointment was the awsome foursome class only 2 of the groups were shown admittedly they did it very well but i feel it was a fun class, and would have liked to have a good laugh at myself messing up.

Also does anybody know what the song is called that is played over the 2nd intro bit?

Got mine today had a quick look the Robert & Deborah dances i was'nt that impressed with the first 1
    How can you say that??? The first one was stunning (and I think they were only freestyling too, unlike the second, choreographed on). I preferred the first to the second- smoother and less showy (though for the 2nd too!!)

My only dissapointment was the awsome foursome class only 2 of the groups were shown admittedly they did it very well but i feel it was a fun class, and would have liked to have a good laugh at myself messing up.
    Yeah- I agree. They could at least have had one or two shots of the other groups. Plus I know for a fact that one of the other groups at least was filmed fairly constantly throughout the class

Quote Originally Posted by Rhythm King
    :

Meanwhile... if anyone has a copy of the Rebel Yell 2005 dvd, could I have a copy please? I won't bore you with the tale of woe, but after 9 months I eventually received an un-marked dvd-r from Annalisa, which doesn't even work grr!
    I know a friend who had this problem, ask Annalisa and im sure she will send you another one, (probably best to call after MJC!)

S. xx

Thread Information