Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Eating After Dancing

Eating After Dancing

I was talking to a guy recently about what people eat after they finish dancing. He told me that there have been occassions where he goes home after dancing and eats an entire Vienetta himself .

I always have some form of food before I go dancing and I am never normally hungry when i finish dancing, apart from the occassional slice of toast if it has been a long night.

Does anyone else tend to eat when they finish dancing and what would you normally eat? Do you have food before you go?

Re: Eating After Dancing

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzy
    Does anyone else tend to eat when they finish dancing and what would you normally eat?
    I had a chocolate trifle when I got in last night

I only like eating after dancing, I can't dance on a full stomach, I wanted to take my burger and chips with me on saturday for after Daventry.

I have got to know what's what after most venues, there's a FAB chippy after Earling, Stockport etc. but I have to take my own food to Banbury

I can't dance on a completely empty stomach! I've found that Tesco's and M&S do these neat little sushi mini - four little pieces for a pound. Eaten about an hour before class these get me through.

At this time of year in particular, I usually go home and consume ryvita's with butter and marmite. Think it's the salt I'm craving.

I always have some form of food before I go dancing and I am never normally hungry when i finish dancing, apart from the occassional slice of toast if it has been a long night.

Does anyone else tend to eat when they finish dancing and what would you normally eat? Do you have food before you go?
    Well often I'll find I'm dehydrated which will trick my body into thinking I'm hungry. I know this... but I'll eat anyway . There is a cake shop not far from my regular venue that is still open when freestyle finishes so I like to go there. However I really should drink more water.

As well as eat cake .

Often I'll get in only half an hour before I should leave again, so maybe 45 minutes before I go dancing. I'd hate to stuff myself at that stage so I tend to just have a snack.

I eat when I'm hungry, sometimes before dancing sometimes after, Sometimes I can go 2 or 3 days without even thinking about food makes no odds.

It's too much effort to eat

The only things in my fridge are Banana's & Muller Lite Yoghurts

Quote Originally Posted by WittyBird
    The only things in my fridge are Banana's & Muller Lite Yoghurts
    Does Banana keep lots of things at your house?

Quote Originally Posted by killingtime
    Does Banana keep lots of things at your house?
    I not understandy

I not understandy
    It was the use of the apostrophe. Sorry; I can hardly be one to comment on grammar.

I not understandy
    You used an apostrophe – implying that the things in your fridge belonged to "Banana".

I wouldn't keep bananas in the fridge – it makes them go brown faster.

On the subject of the thread – I like to eat peanuts after dancing. They're a good source of protein, energy and salt!
    Let your mind go and your body will follow. – Steve Martin, LA Story

Glitter Queen

Quote Originally Posted by ducasi
    On the subject of the thread – I like to eat peanuts after dancing. They're a good source of protein, energy and salt!

It's cashews for me, but the princple is the same... stops me getting cramp in my leg in the middle of the night!

Quote Originally Posted by Sparkles

It's cashews for me, but the princple is the same... stops me getting cramp in my leg in the middle of the night!
    How does that work? I get that sometimes, but have always attributed it to lack of salt.

(Used to get them all the time whilst walking if it was hot, then someone told me that glass-blowers eat salt because they lose it due to their work - I was obsessed with a low salt diet at the time as that was what was supposed to be "healthy" - started eating it again and hey presto, cramps disappeared. Now I only get them if in a hot country for a while).

btw - tip if you do get a cramp anywhere in your body, pinch the bit of flesh between your big and the next toe (either foot). It's a pressure point apparently - I was sceptical, but it really does work.

Eating and dancing is always a bit of dilemma for me as I don’t like to eat before dancing as it makes me feel errghhh and I don’t like to eat when I get home as I’m just about to go to bed and that is bad for my metabolism

So I came up with a compromise – I eat a little before and a little after – before tends to be some salad and a piece of bread after will be a few biscuits and maybe some cheese and fruit as well

Quote Originally Posted by Twirly
    How does that work? I get that sometimes, but have always attributed it to lack of salt.
    assuming salted nuts - the salt will help prevent cramps

Registered User Northants Girly's Avatar

Fish finger sandwich with loads of tomato sauce

Quote Originally Posted by Twirly

Leg cramps in the night can be caused by a number of reasons - salt deficiency or dehydration being just 2 of them. Other reasons could be the way you are lying in your bed with your knees bent or over-exusion of your muscles. There are scarier medical reasons for leg cramps too, such as kidney problems or peripheral vascular disease.

Leg cramps in the night can be caused by a number of reasons - salt deficiency or dehydration being just 2 of them. Other reasons could be the way you are lying in your bed with your knees bent or over-exusion of your muscles. There are scarier medical reasons for leg cramps too, such as kidney problems or peripheral vascular disease.
    I think I'm fairly safe with the salt theory then - only ever happens in very hot weather now, and if I think about it, I know my salt intake is lower than normal. Last one I had was 2 years ago and the pain lasted for several days

Donna

assuming salted nuts - the salt will help prevent cramps
    Tut tut tut! You just can't win! First they say too much salt is bad for you, then they say it's good for preventing cramp!

Now they're saying too much omega 3, milk or liquorice can cause cancer! Gee, we won't be eating anything soon!

I tend to get home too late from work so normally take my dance clothes and tea to work with me and go straight to dance class from here.

Always make sure you give your food 1 hour to digest before any form of exercise.

I always make sure I have a proper meal first and although you're not supposed to eat after 6 pm, (which is impossible for most!) I tend to feel really peckish after any form of exercise but only help myself to a light snack - fruit or toast.

Usually what you eat the day before effects the way you feel tomorrow. Eat lots of pasta!

Donna

I think I'm fairly safe with the salt theory then - only ever happens in very hot weather now, and if I think about it, I know my salt intake is lower than normal. Last one I had was 2 years ago and the pain lasted for several days
    Funny, I've recently been through a phase of cramp in my calf muscles, and find it's because I stopped working out two weeks before the Blackpool competition. Maybe I should get back into it! (time though! )

Quote Originally Posted by Northants Girly
    Fish finger sandwich with loads of tomato sauce
    I am with you on that one. Having kids is a great excuse to have fish fingers in the freezer. Also like to have a bowl of cereal when I get back from dancing.

Donna

Quote Originally Posted by Daisy Fox
    I am with you on that one. Having kids is a great excuse to have fish fingers in the freezer. Also like to have a bowl of cereal when I get back from dancing.

Forgot about that one! A bowl of cereal is so much more enjoyable at night than it is in the morning.

Thread Information