Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 166

Thread: Buying flowers when and why ?

  1. #41
    Registered User Beowulf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    The Beoverse
    Posts
    7,985
    Thanks
    328
    Thanked 242 Times in 148 Posts

    Rep Power
    11

    Re: Buying flowers when and why ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Freya
    If I'm going to visit someone for dinner I will usually buy flowers!
    whaaaaa she never brings me flowers !!

    hehe only kidding.. I don't even own a vase.. well not unless you count my giant plastic drinking beakers?

    Next time I come to visit you I'll bring flowers ok

  2. #42
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Inverness for now
    Posts
    1,863
    Thanks
    98
    Thanked 88 Times in 67 Posts

    Rep Power
    8

    Re: Buying flowers when and why ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Clueless
    same here but you know what they say:

    "good thing come to those who wait"
    But how long do you have to wait?

    Think I'm just getting impatient in my old age

  3. #43
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    out of my mind back in 5 minutes
    Posts
    2,202
    Thanks
    182
    Thanked 101 Times in 62 Posts

    Rep Power
    7

    Re: Buying flowers when and why ?

    make me wonder dude

    But I have to say my favourite Flowers are either Roses or Iris, and in the garden I have 4 rose bushed Red, Pink, Yellow and White
    Last edited by Clueless; 5th-July-2006 at 03:38 PM.

  4. #44
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Inverness for now
    Posts
    1,863
    Thanks
    98
    Thanked 88 Times in 67 Posts

    Rep Power
    8

    Re: Buying flowers when and why ?

    How long have you been looking? I'll let you know when I do meet that special someone! Dance related or not.

    and as much as folk may say that you'll find what you want when your not looking for it, you can't wander around with your eyes shut all the time

    My garden is a bomb site at the moment but might try and get something done to it, that along with the rest of the house Till then I'll have to stick to buying flowers

  5. #45
    Registered User Beowulf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    The Beoverse
    Posts
    7,985
    Thanks
    328
    Thanked 242 Times in 148 Posts

    Rep Power
    11

    Re: Buying flowers when and why ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Clueless
    chocolate, Champagne, strawberries, and a bunch of white roses with a single red rose in the middle now that is only on special occasions


    a fellow romantic.. romance isn't dead after all!

  6. #46
    Registered User Twirly's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    SE London
    Posts
    4,204
    Thanks
    370
    Thanked 329 Times in 200 Posts

    Rep Power
    9

    Re: Buying flowers when and why ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Beowulf1970


    a fellow romantic.. romance isn't dead after all!
    Just having a quiet nap in the corner...

  7. #47
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Inverness for now
    Posts
    1,863
    Thanks
    98
    Thanked 88 Times in 67 Posts

    Rep Power
    8

    Re: Buying flowers when and why ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Beowulf1970
    romance isn't dead after all!
    No it's just resting and waiting for the right person

    Had better stop there I think before anyone starts feeling a bit quesy

  8. #48
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    out of my mind back in 5 minutes
    Posts
    2,202
    Thanks
    182
    Thanked 101 Times in 62 Posts

    Rep Power
    7

    Re: Buying flowers when and why ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Twirly
    Just having a quiet nap in the corner...

    How can you sleep with all this going on round you?

  9. #49
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Aberdeen
    Posts
    40
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Rep Power
    7

    Re: Buying flowers when and why ?

    Quote Originally Posted by pmjd
    I'm with you on that one, always get described as a nice guy but I kind of hate it because all too often all the nice women seem to be with the barstewards of life , with the nice guys loosing out.

    I'll just continue to live in hope
    Could not agree with you more

    Dave

  10. #50
    Registered User Twirly's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    SE London
    Posts
    4,204
    Thanks
    370
    Thanked 329 Times in 200 Posts

    Rep Power
    9

    Re: Buying flowers when and why ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Clueless
    How can you sleep with all this going on round you?
    Romance isn't dead, just having a quiet nap in the cornern - not me!

  11. #51
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    out of my mind back in 5 minutes
    Posts
    2,202
    Thanks
    182
    Thanked 101 Times in 62 Posts

    Rep Power
    7

    Re: Buying flowers when and why ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Twirly
    Romance isn't dead, just having a quiet nap in the cornern - not me!
    and I live up to my name

  12. #52
    Registered User Petal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    457
    Thanks
    13
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts

    Rep Power
    9

    Re: Buying flowers when and why ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Twirly
    I'm not surprised - no-one does anything for "no reason". How's about "because I wanted to" or "I thought you'd like them". Would that be more believeable?
    ... or maybe "just for being you" and there is no reason or "motive".

  13. #53
    Registered User Beowulf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    The Beoverse
    Posts
    7,985
    Thanks
    328
    Thanked 242 Times in 148 Posts

    Rep Power
    11

    Re: Buying flowers when and why ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Petal
    ... or maybe "just for being you" and there is no reason or "motive".
    my favorite is when asked "why?" I answer "because I can!"

    I need no reason or excuse it's purely a selfish thing with me (what you say? that can't be right ?) yup selfish.. The more I give and the more generous I am.. the better I feel.. so I dare say ultimately I'm doing it for myself

    Maybe explains why I'm a member of the new Karma army at http://www.join-me.co.uk

  14. #54
    The Oracle
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Posts
    2,263
    Thanks
    18
    Thanked 151 Times in 61 Posts

    Rep Power
    10

    Re: Buying flowers when and why ?

    Sometime you cant beat a single rose
    Whereas a married Lily will beat you (up)

  15. #55
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Bedford-ish
    Posts
    177
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Rep Power
    8

    Re: Buying flowers when and why ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sparkles
    Never buy flowers to say sorry - because every time the person who receives them looks at them they'll remember what you did wrong .

    ...And that way you'll never have to have suspicious questions about flowers you give, because you don't give them when you feel guilty .




    I couldn't agree more. My ex husband bought me a huge bouquet of flowers, which was totally out of character, when I told him that I wanted a divorce. You can imagine where I wanted to put them.... every time I looked at them I thought, too little - too late

    I do however love to be given flowers and was in fact given some very recently which were a 'thank you'. They were appreciated all the more because they were totally unexpected. Every time I look at them I think. What a lovely gesture.

  16. #56
    Registered User Feelingpink's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Greenwich, UK
    Posts
    1,782
    Thanks
    91
    Thanked 69 Times in 51 Posts

    Rep Power
    9

    Re: Buying flowers when and why ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Beowulf1970
    having been recently chucked on the compost heap o' love I've not bought flowers for anyone in a while. However, when I was with my Fiancee I used to buy her flowers all the time.. you don't need an excuse to buy flowers for anyone.

    If I'm going to a female friends party I'll take flowers, if someone's sick and I'm visiting I'll take flowers, and sometimes I'll just buy the girls in the office flowers to let them know what a good job they are doing.

    As I say though .. am a little jaded now since the split and not bought anyone (partners nor friends) flowers for a long time.
    Why don't you go out today and buy yourself some? A random act of kindness for yourself

  17. #57
    Registered User Lucy Locket's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    up the motorway, turn left, turn left, through the bends.......
    Posts
    762
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Rep Power
    8

    Re: Buying flowers when and why ?

    To all of you from me :
    Attached Images Attached Images

  18. #58
    Registered User Twirly's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    SE London
    Posts
    4,204
    Thanks
    370
    Thanked 329 Times in 200 Posts

    Rep Power
    9

    Re: Buying flowers when and why ?

    Aw, how lovely

  19. #59
    Registered User stewart38's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Ambrosden it gets
    Posts
    7,480
    Thanks
    260
    Thanked 162 Times in 100 Posts

    Rep Power
    11

    Re: Buying flowers when and why ?

    Quote Originally Posted by pmjd
    I'm with you on that one, always get described as a nice guy but I kind of hate it because all too often all the nice women seem to be with the barstewards of life , with the nice guys loosing out.

    I'll just continue to live in hope
    Become a barsteward then and you will get the ‘nice women’ sorted

    Seriously im sure your too nice a guy to become that so just stick with the ugly ones

  20. #60
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Inverness for now
    Posts
    1,863
    Thanks
    98
    Thanked 88 Times in 67 Posts

    Rep Power
    8

    Re: Buying flowers when and why ?

    Quote Originally Posted by stewart38
    Become a barsteward then and you will get the ‘nice women’ sorted

    Seriously im sure your too nice a guy to become that so just stick with the ugly ones
    Just can't be a barsteward, against my nature, which is a good thing over all I think well maybe not good for my love life but hey...

    Your advice almost sounds like one bit of comedy advice I once got
    "practice on the ugly ones" Not sure how much of that was meant as a joke or seriously though

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Buying a domain name and hosting a website
    By Ste in forum Geeks' Corner
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 1st-February-2008, 02:21 PM
  2. Buying a laptop - advice needed
    By Lynn in forum Geeks' Corner
    Replies: 71
    Last Post: 13th-January-2007, 09:47 PM
  3. Buying or renting a House/Flat ?
    By stewart38 in forum Chit Chat
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 19th-September-2006, 05:02 PM
  4. Buying a business in New Zealand
    By Bangers & Mash in forum Chit Chat
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 19th-November-2004, 01:45 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •