Thread: Buying flowers when and why ?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Buying flowers when and why ?

I use to joke if you bought someone flowers they had a guilty conscience

I can count on one hand ok maybe two ,how many bunch of flowers ive bought over the years for someone (excluding mothers days)

How often do people buy each other flowers ?

I guess it doesn’t have to be just a romantic gesture it could be for any reason. New home, bad run of luck, good run of luck ,anything really ?

I know its grapes or flowers at hospitals, I usually choose to eat the grapes

If someone suggests I buy the flowers I probably wouldn’t ?

Am I odd ? do people buy each other flowers all the time ?

Re: Buying flowers when and why ?

Flowers are nice on any occassion but just to have some sent to you with a message 'thinking of you' is special

Quote Originally Posted by WittyBird
    Flowers are nice on any occassion but just to have some sent to you with a message 'thinking of you' is special
    Should add its flowers grapes or ‘FAGS’ when visiting someone in hospital

Quote Originally Posted by WittyBird

Quote Originally Posted by stewart38
    I use to joke if you bought someone flowers they had a guilty conscience

I can count on one hand ok maybe two ,how many bunch of flowers ive bought over the years for someone (excluding mothers days)

How often do people buy each other flowers ?

I guess it doesn’t have to be just a romantic gesture it could be for any reason. New home, bad run of luck, good run of luck ,anything really ?

I know its grapes or flowers at hospitals, I usually choose to eat the grapes

If someone suggests I buy the flowers I probably wouldn’t ?

Am I odd ? do people buy each other flowers all the time ?
    having been recently chucked on the compost heap o' love I've not bought flowers for anyone in a while. However, when I was with my Fiancee I used to buy her flowers all the time.. you don't need an excuse to buy flowers for anyone.

If I'm going to a female friends party I'll take flowers, if someone's sick and I'm visiting I'll take flowers, and sometimes I'll just buy the girls in the office flowers to let them know what a good job they are doing.

As I say though .. am a little jaded now since the split and not bought anyone (partners nor friends) flowers for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Beowulf1970
    having been recently chucked on the compost heap o' love I've not bought flowers for anyone in a while. However, when I was with my Fiancee I used to buy her flowers all the time.. you don't need an excuse to buy flowers for anyone.

If I'm going to a female friends party I'll take flowers, if someone's sick and I'm visiting I'll take flowers, and sometimes I'll just buy the girls in the office flowers to let them know what a good job they are doing.

As I say though .. am a little jaded now since the split and not bought anyone (partners nor friends) flowers for a long time.
    Why don't you go out today and buy yourself some? A random act of kindness for yourself

up the motorway, turn left, turn left, through the bends.......

To all of you from me :
    Attached Images Attached Images

Aw, how lovely

Dickie Davies' love-child Cruella's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lucy Locket
    To all of you from me :
    What are you after?

Forum Bombshell - Our Queen! Lory's Avatar
    Blog Entries

My mother-in-law always brings me a bunch of flowers, every time they come over to visit (which is probably about every 6 weeks) apart from that, I can't remember the last time I recieved any?

That's not to say my husband doesn't buy me things, it's just he knows that i'm more of a 'techi-gadget' women, than a hearts and flowers one!
    MODERATOR AT YOUR SERVICE
    "If you're going to do something tonight, that you know you'll be sorry for in the morning, plan a lie in." Lorraine

I love flowers.
    They're one of my favourite things to give or receive.

up the motorway, turn left, turn left, through the bends.......

I have a friend who sends me flowers now & again, when i least expect it. I'm always gobsmacked to receive them & they really make my day.

That means more to me than receiving them on my birthday or when i'm sick or to say sorry because it means someone is thinking of me unconditionally.

Sometimes buying flowers to say sorry isn't enough if they make the same mistake again.

When you're sick you probably need a hug & someone to chat to more than flowers. I have been at home sick these past 2 weeks and a dear friend has popped in to see me every 2-3 days to keep me company, taken me to the hospital, rung me, coz she knew i'd be on my own. No amount of flowers can replace that. I've thought of buying her flowers but I think i'll take her out to lunch & buy her flowers. The flowers will only last a few days but she will probably remember the place, meal & company for much longer.

Pretty much when the last lot has died (~once a week or so). But then I like flowers...

I usually have to buy my own flowers...

Have received them very occasionally - last time a friend turned up with a bouquet that was almost bigger than he was (he is rather petite though!). Can still remember him standing on my doorstep grinning at me through the blooms (he'd come for my birthday party).

I do like to give them too though - sent some to my uncle in the US end of last year. They arrived 2 days before he died. Apparently no-one had ever sent him flowers before. Glad I was able to give him one last new experience at that time of his life

Often turn up to dinners with a bottle of wine and bunch of flowers. And have often given men flowers - they usually go all soft and squidy and start muttering about how no-one has ever given them flowers before ...

Donna

The only time I've been sent flowers was when I was really poorly a few years back - and they were off my uncle. Never used to get them off boyfriends - and er, still don't!

Flowers are best in my opinion and I have received floers before I felt so special and I like to give flowers...no reason needed

Dickie Davies' love-child Cruella's Avatar

I find flowers a waste of money. But other people like them, so i will give them for Birthdays, Mothers day etc. If my husband buys them for me, for no apparent reason (happened about 3 times in 22 years ) i do appreciate the thought. ( i also get suspicious that he's after something) But hey, i'm a woman!

A good question though, do men like to receive flowers too? Or is that just toooo girlie!
    Last edited by Cruella; 5th-July-2006 at 11:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruella
    I find flowers a waste of money. But other people like them, so i will give them for Birthdays, Mothers day etc. If my husband buys them for me, for no apparent reason (happened about 3 times in 22 years ) i do appreciate the thought. ( i also get suspicious that he's after something) But hey, i'm a woman!

A good question though, do men like to receive flowers too? Or is that just toooo girlie!

No. Too girly!

Onkar

Thread Information