Quote Originally Posted by TiggsTours
I'm not going to start saying the old "If you stop then you've just let them win" thing, but life really does go on, regardless, and you just have to keep on with it.
A year ago that sentiment was felt very strongly. Despite all the travel chaos, the hurt and the fear I seem to remember people making a piont of fighting their way through to the Ceroc venues that were open, making a firm point

Although we were in Liverpool, the whole building respected the 2 minutes silence. I don't know how many people there could relate to it but for those very long 2 minutes I remember that morning at Canary Wharf as the news came through minute by minute and by midday we were being briefed on the scale of the atrocity ... and then we waited for the bombers to hit us .... many of us seeing it as inevitable.

That night many of us were put up by colleagues at work as we couldn't get home. The flat where I stayed was just across from Canary Wharf and you could hear the sierens of emergency services all night. A hard day to forget