View Poll Results: What's the worst thing that someone dancing with you can have!?

Voters
124. You may not vote on this poll
  • Bad breath

8 6.45%
  • BO

41 33.06%
  • Alcohol breath

3 2.42%
  • Thumbs on the back of your hands

7 5.65%
  • No beat

27 21.77%
  • Stiff arms

6 4.84%
  • Spaghetti arms

7 5.65%
  • Too sleazy

9 7.26%
  • Doing unwanted drops/air steps

7 5.65%
  • Other (please specify below)

9 7.26%
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: The worst thing!!

Re: The worst thing!!

Quote Originally Posted by nebula View Post
    Incidently, I voted alcohol breath, but seem to be in minority... shudder...
    Ah ha, so as I drink like a fish.... maybe we not dance partners....

Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    Ah ha, so as I drink like a fish.... maybe we not dance partners....
    Afraid not... after 1 dance I would try to stay as far away from you as possible. Don't take me wrong - I would drink a couple of glasses of wine at the fun night / ball myself , though not at the normal lesson evening.
    But if you drink like a FISH... sorrryyyy, our paths are never going to cross in this universe...

Commercial Operator
    Blog Entries

Afraid not... after 1 dance I would try to stay as far away from you as possible. Don't take me wrong - I would drink a couple of glasses of wine at the fun night / ball myself , though not at the normal lesson evening.
    But if you drink like a FISH... sorrryyyy, our paths are never going to cross in this universe...

I try to advoid the drinkers. Nothing worse than spending most of the dance ensuring they stay upright.

Having said that, It seems to improve some people.

All cool, us fish swim in a big ocean.

Woodface - you seem to have quite a number of pet hates?! Do you actually enjoy coming to dancing? :-)

My personal worst was a garlic sausage burp right in my face - not even an "excuse me"

Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    All cool, us fish swim in a big ocean.
    By all means - let's the currents take us...

Smile Re: The worst thing!!

things i try to avoid are:

guys with sweaty backs/ necks who execute moves where the womans arm or hand has to slide across their now-very-sweaty back or neck.

...how-very-dare-you

also, i don't mind sometimes but does anyone have nights where you really dont want the 8th dance in a row with yet another dancer who seems to be dancing to a different tune than you?? [am i being too harsh on that one?]

apart from that, i'm normally loving the music and the dances so much that nothing phases me..

oh apart from suffering from the same attack as DTS
    Happened last Ashtons.. The chap was dancing nearby and accidentally whacked me in the shoulder with no apology. ['It happens, no big deal' I said to myself and carried on dancing]. seconds later the same chap accidentally kicked my ankle [how? i do not know but this really was painful] Again No apologies [but he did glance my way]. Third time [unlucky] I received another lop on my back by the same guy!!
    I think its only polite to apologise to the people you've accidently danced into..

Luckily, no serious injuries nor did he ruin the fun dance I was having with Gerry..

"Floor Etiquette" looks like there might be a need for it...!
    Last edited by Leg Warmers; 23rd-May-2007 at 01:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Twirly View Post

Open-toed shoes are much more comfortable than closed ones I find, as I have so many problems with my feet (it's a miracle I can walk, let alone dance sometimes). And since women's feet tend to be much smaller than men's anyway, it's going to hurt when the numpty we're dancing with treads on them anyway, whatever we wear

Actually, after BO, the thing I find most annoying is other women's stilettos. And getting impaled on them
    Getting stomped on by steel toe capped boots isn't particularly fun either (particularly as even using your full body weight you can't get you own back by stepping on their toes!!! )

Worst ever combination (for me): At a ceilidh at a wedding - me in soft highland shoes, him in steel toe caps - ouch that hurt

Whitetiger

Long nails

Quote Originally Posted by Choc Chip View Post
    My personal worst was a garlic sausage burp right in my face - not even an "excuse me"
    Reminds self not to drink carbonated drinks/beer before dancing if I've had garlicy pizza for tea!!

However my pet hate is chewing gum - I think it's a disgusting habit, and hate it when you get to see the blob of stuff going round and round in someone's mouth.

(I've learnt from this forum that some people use it to give up smoking - guess in this situation I can understand it, but it isn't a pleasant sight).

Quote Originally Posted by SteveK View Post
    Reminds self not to drink carbonated drinks/beer before dancing if I've had garlicy pizza for tea!!

However my pet hate is chewing gum - I think it's a disgusting habit, and hate it when you get to see the blob of stuff going round and round in someone's mouth.

(I've learnt from this forum that some people use it to give up smoking - guess in this situation I can understand it, but it isn't a pleasant sight).
    True, but then again if the person is well mannered, you shouldn't be able to see it going round and round, as they'd have their mouth closed. Bet they eat with their mouth open too.

Quote Originally Posted by Twirly View Post
    True, but then again if the person is well mannered, you shouldn't be able to see it going round and round, as they'd have their mouth closed. Bet they eat with their mouth open too.

I get bad breath I think it might be somthing to do with the fizzy water I drink and it just churns up ........well I don't know what

but gum seems to help settle everything down for a while, but I hate chewing it, and also try not to let anyone see me doing so

personally for me the worst thing is a woman who smell's i always make sure ive had a shower and that ive got some form of smelly on if im dancing tho next on my list is a woman who throws herself into a drop as ive been hurt trying to pull somebody back up from that and i think its just bad form especially if its some1 you dont dance with very often or even if you have never danced with them before. I also dont like the grippy thumb thing but as a man have found that by offering just a finger or 2 tends to relive that a lot!!

M

The Perfect Woman!

Quote Originally Posted by jiveaddicted View Post
    .......but as a man have found that by offering just a finger or 2 tends to relive that a lot!!

M
    Resist foxy resist... do not drag this thread upstairs... but it is JiveAddicted (swoon)... yes but thats no reason to get smutty... control yourself....

Must control myself....deep breath....

Quote Originally Posted by jiveaddicted View Post
    personally for me the worst thing is a woman who smell's i always make sure ive had a shower and that ive got some form of smelly on if im dancing tho next on my list is a woman who throws herself into a drop as ive been hurt trying to pull somebody back up from that and i think its just bad form especially if its some1 you dont dance with very often or even if you have never danced with them before. I also dont like the grippy thumb thing but as a man have found that by offering just a finger or 2 tends to relive that a lot!!
    M

I agree, girls don't like dancing with sweaty smelly men that's why the underpant need checking regularly i'm sure guys don't like dancing with sweaty ladies thats why I change a lot well that's my excuses nothing to do with getting all the 'outfits' in

I will have to sample these two fingers at SP

Bad Breath and BO are my worst things in a dance partner ( or any kind of partner come to that! ) Fortunately I have a poor sense of smel due to early boxing career ( but thats another story!) so if I can smell it, boy I feel sorry for anyone with a keen sense of smell !!

Then its those partners who chuck themselves into a drop when you meant a lean

( could be the result of a poor lead though so I try to make mine very obvious ) I get over that by watching dancers first if can to try to get an idea of what to expect. That said I very rearly turn anyone down for a dance!

The hand crunchers can be tamed by leading with just one of two fingers. This works well for me also

Thread Information