Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Can't you see it woman???

Angry Can't you see it woman???

At a recent freestyle there was a certain gentleman with a 'certain' reputation. ANY bloke who watched this guy dance could tell instantly that he was a pristine, pure-blooded BAS***D .... BUT, none of the women could see it There were a number of 'exs' there all with tale of woe about this particular miscreant ... but it was painfull to see lasses queuing up for this guy to work his obvious routine on them.

Is it a female thing to throw themselves at guys who are so obviously going to do them harm? A 'freind' of mine used this behaviour pattern as final proof that women should not be trusted with decisions any more dangerous than whether to poach or boil eggs and that their driving licences and voting rights should be forthwith removed Whilst that view MAY be somewhat extreme, the ease by which they throw themselves into hurtfull (and potentialy dengerous) relationships with men that have B*****D stamped across their forehead, does give cause for concern. Guys ... anyone want to back me up on this observation before I get flamed to hell?

Blog Entries

Re: Can't you see it woman???

Quote Originally Posted by Gus
    Is it a female thing to throw themselves at guys who are so obviously going to do them harm?
    Changing "throw themselves at" to "succumb to" ......

Quite often, yes.
    Sometimes we just DON'T see it
    Sometimes we see it and pretend we don't
    Sometimes we see it, we even admit (to ourselves and others) that we've seen it and make a conscious decision to do it anyway (the loved and lost thing)

they all hurt.

Forum Bombshell - Our Queen! Lory's Avatar
    Blog Entries

For all those women (and men) who haven't quite got it sussed yet, I can't recommend this book highly enough 'Are you the one for me' by Barbara De Angelis Read the reviews!

I've bought this for a couple of friends, one who'd had a spectacularly BAD relationship and was left totally bewildered, as to how she hadn't seen, what was NOW blatetly obvious, beforehand and another who has just had a series of bad 'man choices'
    MODERATOR AT YOUR SERVICE
    "If you're going to do something tonight, that you know you'll be sorry for in the morning, plan a lie in." Lorraine

his obvious routine ....
    What EXACTLY was he doing? It didn't involve any sharking,by any chance?

Is it a female thing to throw themselves at guys who are so obviously going to do them harm? A 'freind' of mine used this behaviour pattern as final proof that women should not be trusted with decisions any more dangerous than whether to poach or boil eggs and that their driving licences and voting rights should be forthwith removed Whilst that view MAY be somewhat extreme, the ease by which they throw themselves into hurtfull (and potentialy dengerous) relationships with men that have B*****D stamped across their forehead, does give cause for concern. Guys ... anyone want to back me up on this observation before I get flamed to hell?
    Trouble is, guys like that are often fun and sexy. That's how they get away with it. It's a trade off between enjoying the fun and sex and taking the risk of getting hurt. But maybe the girls were cannier than they looked and were just enjoying a few dance floor thrills! I'm sure I can't be the first person to have enjoyed a flirtatious dance with someone while thinking "This is nice but you're trouble, mate!"

But maybe you're talking about other forms of behaviour entirely? What do you mean when you say "queuing up"? Or "throw themselves"? Be more specific.

And what about women who have B***H stamped in red on their foreheads?

At a recent freestyle there was a certain gentleman with a 'certain' reputation. ANY bloke who watched this guy dance could tell instantly that he was a pristine, pure-blooded BAS***D .... BUT, none of the women could see it There were a number of 'exs' there all with tale of woe about this particular miscreant ... but it was painfull to see lasses queuing up for this guy to work his obvious routine on them.

Sounds like jealousy to me!

Good judgement comes from bad experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgement.

Anyway I wasn't up North recently.

Ceroc N.I. Franchise Owner drathzel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chicklet
    Changing "throw themselves at" to "succumb to" ......

Quite often, yes.
    Sometimes we just DON'T see it
    Sometimes we see it and pretend we don't
    Sometimes we see it, we even admit (to ourselves and others) that we've seen it and make a conscious decision to do it anyway (the loved and lost thing)

they all hurt.
    Well explained! That is completely the case, however i dont know whether it would be best to warn any friends who may be doing this as we choose not to listen. But as a friend said to me the other day " i wouldn't appreciated it at the time but eventually i would realise what you did was for my own good"

... but no i told you so's

Errrr....? Explain? How do you know he's a bastard just by watching him dance?? I know there's a lot of sleazy guys out there, but most of them are more or less harmless, and there are others who can be really flirty, sexy and behave "badly" on the dance floor - but it's all just for fun, and is not done to be horrible / sleazy / or as an attempt to get the girl to bed!!

Confused....

Quote Originally Posted by SilverFox
    Yes Gus I have indeed noticed this and have considered going to lessons, on how be a “pristine, pure-blooded BAS***D”

But have not been able to find any one to teach me

Is it a female thing to throw themselves at guys who are so obviously going to do them harm?
    Excuse me while I veer off into "just so" Darwinism... Females of most species have a genetic drive to get their eggs fertilised by whichever guy has the best sperm, which they can tell in various ways: smell, looks, etc. By contrast, males have a genetic drive to fertilise as many eggs as they can. Those genetic drives lead fairly straightforwardly to the behaviour you describe (both the unfaithful guy, and the girls who don't care that he's unfaithful).

doesn't this also apply to the men out there???? i've known men who've also succumed to 'lovely ladies' who are so obviously b+@#hes, and they're attracted to the same type of women time and time again....

Quote Originally Posted by philsmove
    Yes Gus I have indeed noticed this and have considered going to lessons, on how be a “pristine, pure-blooded BAS***D”

But have not been able to find any one to teach me
    I'll join you on that course. Being one of the nice guys is all well and good, but it can be the slow road.

Quote Originally Posted by Baldrick
    Being one of the nice guys is all well and good, but it can be the slow road
    But you stand a better chance of it ultimately being the right road - there's just a few more potholes to negotiate in the meantime IMHO

Quote Originally Posted by Gojive
    But you stand a better chance of it ultimately being the right road - there's just a few more potholes to negotiate in the meantime IMHO
    There's just got to be a great reply based around potholes, but I can't figure it out.

Why are we all going along with this dichotomy, namely sexy bastard versus sexless nice guy (and the converse sexy slut versus sexless girl next door)? One of my ex girlfriends was dating the office 'hunk' for a while: he was young, greatlooking great body etc. 'How"s it going with Dave?' I asked once - 'he takes for ever to get an erection,' she replied. I suspect many 'bastards' are useless in bed cos all they will be interested in is themselves. Am I not right, ladies?

Quote Originally Posted by MartinHarper
    Excuse me while I veer off into "just so" Darwinism... Females of most species have a genetic drive to get their eggs fertilised by whichever guy has the best sperm, which they can tell in various ways: smell, looks, etc. By contrast, males have a genetic drive to fertilise as many eggs as they can. Those genetic drives lead fairly straightforwardly to the behaviour you describe (both the unfaithful guy, and the girls who don't care that he's unfaithful).
    Excuse us while I veer off too: all true as far as drives are concerned but probably they don't lead quite where you say, because human babies are so helpless and require constant care for the first year or two (or 18, or 25...). The resulting behaviours should be that mothers want faithful fathers, because she'd prefer a man who spends all his time obtaining food for her and baby rather than shagging other women and obtaining food for them; and fathers want faithful mothers, because they want confidence that their food-gathering efforts are being eaten by their own genetic material. So even though males love to fertilise, it does settle into a steady state compromise of temporary monogamy.

But that's all primitive stuff, ever since the development of contraception sexual behaviour has been mostly controlled by memetics.

Quote Originally Posted by jockey
    I suspect many 'bastards' are useless in bed cos all they will be interested in is themselves. Am I not right, ladies?
    So if they're hopeless in the saddle how come the women keep coming back for another gallop? You probably only 'suspect' this because in fact you wish it to be true. Do I detect that little green eyed monster again?

Quote Originally Posted by jockey
    One of my ex girlfriends was dating the office 'hunk' for a while: he was young, greatlooking great body etc. 'How"s it going with Dave?' I asked once - 'he takes for ever to get an erection,' she replied.
    Well she clearly wasn't floating his boat if he couldn't raise the main sail!

I do sympathise there are some women in certain venues who will always go for the guys who are 6 foot tall and good looking or fab dancers, even though their parentage appears to be somewhat doubtful . So those of us who are short don't get a look in. You should take the view that is their problem. Fortuantely the regular dancers at the big places i.e. Bognor/ Camber etc this is thankfully a rare event.

Quote Originally Posted by Little Monkey
    Errrr....? Explain? How do you know he's a bastard just by watching him dance?? I know there's a lot of sleazy guys out there, but most of them are more or less harmless, and there are others who can be really flirty, sexy and behave "badly" on the dance floor - but it's all just for fun, and is not done to be horrible / sleazy / or as an attempt to get the girl to bed!!

Confused....
    Its a male thing ... men can spot b*****ds from body movemnt, the moves they use (especially the close ones). There are a couple of such guys at the local club ... guys know them, ladies keep on falling from them. The fallout is there to see. Maybe its the male equivalent of female intuition. The plain fact is that women fall for bad guys then expect sympathy afterwards

No jealousy involved, there are planty of nice lasses around worth bothering about and most of the nicer guys I know have all had partners on the dance scene. Its just a shame that the b*****d bridage still seem to prosper.

in defence of Gus - stand on stage as a dj or teacher and you will be suprised what you see, many guys (and girls) are just looking for 'fun' but often pick the innocents (well in the guys case) cos they are a challange, bit like fishing but with a different rod & line
    In fishing once caught the specimen is admired, kept for a while then thrown back into the pool. the really good ones are kept, stuffed and displayed at home to be admired by other men (well fishermen)

I dont think gus is jealous...just cos we notice faults in others does mean we want to be like them
    LL

...........saddle....................gallop?
    Oh boy that takes me back to a really good place mmmmmmm

Sorry flipped out there for a moment.
    Please carry on.

Thread Information