Thread: Limitations of the internet

Limitations of the internet

It still amazes me if you want to find something urgently on the internet you cant

Rep points for anyone that can give me a live update as to whether there is still a national rail strike ,due to start this Sunday at 9pm !

I’ve search and search and all info is out of date

Re: Limitations of the internet

Try using more than one word in Google and/or quotes to narrow it down.

http://www.networkrailmediacentre.co.uk/

or as I know you're on the same service by First Capital Connect (still trying to come up with a good rude alternative name for that one, I miss We Are Going Nowhere)

http://www.firstcapitalconnect.co.uk...m/default.aspx

I can only assume that Sun/Mon strike is going ahead. I've been saving my TOIL specially so I don't have to waste a day's holiday

Quote Originally Posted by LMC
    Try using more than one word in Google and/or quotes to narrow it down.

http://www.networkrailmediacentre.co.uk/

or as I know you're on the same service by First Capital Connect (still trying to come up with a good rude alternative name for that one, I miss We Are Going Nowhere)

http://www.firstcapitalconnect.co.uk...m/default.aspx

I can only assume that Sun/Mon strike is going ahead. I've been saving my TOIL specially so I don't have to waste a day's holiday
    The first link is a week out of date so useless

As far as im aware a vote has gone to members and there going to vote on it

When is that feed back going to come ?

As I say no info on internet so will have to ‘wait’ for info in Evening standard tonite

It's only out of date if nothing's changed since. AFAIK, nothing has changed and I would recommend planning for not being able to take the train to work on Monday morning.

EDIT: Of course, you could always phone Network Rail. Although waiting for the internet update will probably be quicker.

I think the little shits will call it off but I guess will wait until ive made alternative plans this weekend ,thanks anyway LMC

Im going to assume' it will be called off

If its not I like long coach rides

-----------------------------

Next Sunday's action (25 and 26 June) remains on pending the outcome of that consultation.
    "Network Rail's new offer would mean a combined increase in basic rates totalling eleven per cent between April this year and April 2007," RMT general secretary Bob Crow said today.
    "Implementation of the 35-hour week would also mean an extra six days' annual leave, with no strings now attached.
    "The recommendation from the RMT executive is to accept the revised offer, which is now probably the best in the industry this year, and has been achieved by a magnificent display of soilidarity and unity by our members.
    "However, next Sunday's action will remain on while the RMT negotiating team meets with local reps over the next week to consult over what is now on the table," Bob Crow said.
    ends
    Note to editors: Details of the offer are:
    April 2006
    • 3.2% increase on base salaries
    • Increase in travel subsidy from 25% to 40%
    October 1 2006
    • Introduction of the 35-hour divisor. (Rostered employees will continue to work their current 36 hour roster with the additional hour being paid as overtime at basic rate).
    • Non-rostered employees (office-based) will start working the 35-hour week from this date.
    December 31 2006
    • Full implementation of the 35-hour week with revised rosters and rest days
    April 2007
    • RPI+0.75% (based on February RPI published in March) with a review date of 1st January 2008
    • Increase in the travel subsidy to 45 %

--------------------------------------

problem with the internet there's too much of it.

In the beginning there was the net and it was good. it started of being used in academic circles and information quality was excellent.

then we got our hands on it. Each of us with our own little world view, our perceptions, our prejudices etc.. There's so much info out there it's hard to find (a) what you want and (b) something accurate.

Pre net - An empty library, Early net A small but perfectly formed library with a decent index. Today a giant labyrinthine second hand bookstore stroke flea market no index, and lots of books with misprints and out of date info.

Do a search for "origin of man".. everything from Darwin's evolution to Gods intelligent design.. my favourite of course is the Church of the flying spaghetti monster

Google does a good job .. i remember the days Pre Google.(seems so long ago now!)

Thread Information