Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Winning US Open routines (2005) on You Tube

Re: Winning US Open routines (2005) on You Tube

Quote Originally Posted by David Franklin
    I think a lot of it is wanting to show you can dance to different styles of music.
    Yeah, I'd guess so. It does make me sympathise with David "competitions are evil" James, though. It'd be nice to see Jordan and Tatiana dance to the whole of those two songs.

Quote Originally Posted by MartinHarper
    Yeah, I'd guess so. It does make me sympathise with David "competitions are evil" James, though. It'd be nice to see Jordan and Tatiana dance to the whole of those two songs.

But why should that be!!

If the performance that you view is is a well rehearsed routine to that specific music

You want to see them freestyle to whole tracks then go to their appearances at weekenders or other such events, not look at their superb competition performances.

Quote Originally Posted by MartinHarper
    It'd be nice to see Jordan and Tatiana dance to the whole of those two songs.
    I think it'd probably be nice seeing J&T dancing to any song.

Quote Originally Posted by robd
    I think it'd probably be nice seeing J&T dancing to any song.
    Speaking of which, has anybody watched the West Coast Swing Demo to Dontcha that's linked from Jordan and Tatiana's video? J&T plus Parker and Jessica doing a really groovy routine with solo, couple, switched couple, and mixed couple stuff which is just so ultra-cool I want to put it in a frame on my wall. And it's not really that flashy, just a really good show of how much sass you can put into West Coast.

As far and Benji and Heidi are concerned, having watched it again I don't think it's a lack of musicality that doesn't appeal to me - they've got some difficult changes in tempo and attitude that they've put into the music and they work with them very well - and I like the flashy stuff, they obviously do aerials and other big moves really well together, which is important. I think for me their styles don't match, that is all. She's trying too hard to be sexy in some places (and Arlene would slate her for ugly hands), whereas he's just doing what feels great, and the difference is striking.

The Redlands style that you see from Benji and from his sister Lacey and other dancers from there I know isn't to everyone's taste. I do think it widens the spectrum of styles as WCS continues to develop. The control and precision both Benji and Heidi bring carries on from the days when Robert.C and Melanie competed together. I would love to see Benji dance some Latin which he is well known for.

I think the style that Benji and Heidi bring will in time make a major contribution to the dance. Benji is probably the only guy that can match Jordan in the Strictly division for individual ability.

The Perfect Woman!

I agree with the comments that there is something less watchable, or less 'WOW' about Benji and Heidi's performance... and IMHO its Heidi's style that puts me off - she is just much more stiff than the WCS dancers that I like to watch...

But WOW Benji ! I have watched the clips form the US show - so you think you can dance - boy is he fantastic (both in the street dance and the cha cha ), and such a lovely guy !! If he is genuinely that fun and friendly we are all going to love having him at Southport.

Quote Originally Posted by under par
    But why should that be!! If the performance that you view is is a well rehearsed routine to that specific music.
    I'm sorry I confused you. I meant to simply say that I'd prefer to see them dance a well rehearsed routine to a specific piece of music that was a whole piece of music, as they have done for competition entries in the past.

The American Gigolo

Quote Originally Posted by foxylady
    But WOW Benji ! I have watched the clips form the US show - so you think you can dance - boy is he fantastic (both in the street dance and the cha cha ), and such a lovely guy !! If he is genuinely that fun and friendly we are all going to love having him at Southport.
    I saw Benji and Lacey (his sister) perform in California last summer and they were fantastic; he is so charismatic.

Wonder if John or Wes can confirm who (if anybody) is coming across with Benji in September. So far I've seen him competing with Lacey this year rather than Heidi as Heidi now lives on the east coast of the US.

Showcase where aerials are not only allowed but are actually mandatory (from memory, you must do at least 3 lifts, at least one lift above shoulder height, and a maximum of 5 lifts).
    Nearly spot on; the one lift has to lift the partner above the waist, but doesn't indicate which partner!

Quote Originally Posted by Tessalicious
    Speaking of which, has anybody watched the West Coast Swing Demo to Dontcha that's linked from Jordan and Tatiana's video? J&T plus Parker and Jessica doing a really groovy routine with solo, couple, switched couple, and mixed couple stuff which is just so ultra-cool
    Have seen this and it's great! Speaking of which, keep your eyes open as after speaking to Parker & Jessica in New York last week I can confirm that they WILL BE making their debut trip to the UK in early 2007. Once I find out more info I'll post it on http://www.uk-wcs.co.uk. I also confirmed Kyle & Sarah's visit to Rebel Yell this October (14th); further details are still not available on the Ceroc website, but I will post them on the above site as soon as they are available.

Brady

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by foxylady
    ... and IMHO its Heidi's style that puts me off - she is just much more stiff than the WCS dancers that I like to watch...
    I prefer watching Tatiana, there are probably other reasons but, at the risk of being "skinny-ist", one of the reasons I can actually articulate is that I like to watch a girl with curves looking so good and moving so well. Be interested to read if this has occured to anyone else....

Quote Originally Posted by Chicklet
    I prefer watching Tatiana
    Tatiana has a natural born talent to draw the eye. There are very few dancers male or female who can communicate to an audience and her partner at the same time and draw you in so you are part of what she is doing. She can also theme a dance briliantly well. People what her to see what she is doing next and has the ability to hold your attention all the way to the end of a track.

Quote Originally Posted by Geordieed
    Tatiana has a natural born talent to draw the eye. There are very few dancers male or female who can communicate to an audience and her partner at the same time and draw you in so you are part of what she is doing. She can also theme a dance briliantly well. People what her to see what she is doing next and has the ability to hold your attention all the way to the end of a track.

and such a lovely girl too

--ooOoo--
    Age is a question of mind over matter, if you don't mind, it doesn't matter
    Leroy (Satchel) Paige (1906-1982)

Mickey Mouse's girlfriend, Minnie, made her film debut, along with Mickey, in "Steamboat Willie" on November 18, 1928.
    That date is recognized as her official birthday.

Quote Originally Posted by Minnie M

and such a lovely girl too

Without a doubt...

More videos (downloadable too) at: http://www.vixenontheedge.com/benji.html

Given previous posts, check out the one that's a Benji/Tatianna pairing...

I really enjoyed seeing Benji with his sister Lacey. It is amazing when you remember that she is just still a junior.

Donna

Wow, some more jaw dropping videos! I wish I could dance like that!

Commercial Operator

More videos (downloadable too) at: http://www.vixenontheedge.com/benji.html

Given previous posts, check out the one that's a Benji/Tatianna pairing...
    On the Benji & Deborah Jack & Jill vid, anyone know what the first track is?

Donna

Quote Originally Posted by straycat264
    I can't tell you, because I can't get any damn sound through on this computer! That's just sooo crap!

Don't know if it will help, but it's the same (well a different mix, but "the same") as the track Jordan and Tatianna used at the start of their 2002 US Open routine. That might be a better way of tracking it down.

I am sure Sheepman has a copy of it but I cannot recall the name of the track.

I think it is the Dave McMurray version of Cleo's Mood and that Jordan and Tat use the Junior Walker version.

Thread Information