Thread: An internet credit card question

Little Miss Jazz Shoes Jazz_Shoes (Ash)'s Avatar

An internet credit card question

Ok, I was booking something on the net with a credit card, but as I was so excited and in a rush I hit my return kep too early and didn't fill out the alst two fields-the valid from/to and there was another thing as well. but it went through and i got a xonfirmation email as booked. Help, does this mean it is booked it has to be booked i cant have it not booked. ahhhh panic. sorry i spelt some words wrong and my grammer shocking but i all panicked.

Re: An internet credit card question

Sounds like a job for Mr Alexander Graham Bells wonderful new invention - The t - I hope I get this right - telephone - yes I'm sure that's it. Apparently it uses that new stuff called electricity so that you can talk to people a way off. They do need to have one of the telephone gizmos though or it doesn't work apparently.
    What ever will they think of next. Gosh what a world we live in - It's amazing isn't it?

The telephone line is only open during office hours Mr Smart arse

Its very unlikely the credit card can be debited if you have left out the valid to field

Unless i'm mistaken, start date is required only for switch cards. Regular Visa / Mastercards don't require start date for authorisation to succeed, to make it easier for customers I think that they might have made all the information in the checkout form mandatory.

Having said that, if the system accepted your payment with incomplete payment details, I would say that you ought to call the merchant and confirm the payment details, as it might

a) delay the delivery because no-one noticed for a few days, before contacting you
    b) they did not have your contact details and could not contact you
    c) be fraudulent web-site (worst case scenario, but its known to happen)

in case you cannot contact the merchant, you should make a call to your cc provider and ensure they are mad eaware of this incident. So they cannot claim you did not tell them in case the worst happens.

Ok, I read the post again .. so no from/to fields filled in .. i.e. txn _should_ fail .... unless they've got a bug and you're very lucky and they ship the product without crosschecking the payment

Oh no! I think you were right! I got an e-mail on wednesday which I didn't read until today saying e-mail back with your credit card details BEFORE thursday and they've taken the online booking off line saying no one can book tickets anymore, I think this means I might not get my photograph with Elijah *hyperventilates and starts to cry*!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thread Information