Thread: Sunshine in your stomach

Versailles (yeah, in the chateau itself !)

Sunshine in your stomach

Inspired by Chef's quote (see below) I wondered if anyone else had experienced this.

"The wonderful and unexpected find of my weekend was a lady called Fiona. I had danced with her a year ago at Camber to some fast swingy tracks after being introduced by Fletch. This time we met in the blues room to slow blues music. The two dances I had with her were some dances like I have never had the pleasure of before. For the very first time I had a woman give herself to me totally and become as if she was part of my own self. It was like lounging in a warm swimming pool and languidly feeling the water to flow as you move your body. Unforgettable"

I have felt like that on several occasions with a few people and can only describe it as "sunshine in my stomach" (thank you Phil Collins). It comes VERY close to the feeling you get when you fall in love - the butterflies, the skipping in your gut. Is it falling in love for that briefest moment ? Is it feeling you belong ? Are you in a perfect place ? What is it ? Do you feel it cos you end up "fancying" them and it's no longer just a dance ?

It's magical but I am also a bit scared of it.

Wx

Forum Bombshell - Our Queen! Lory's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Re: Sunshine in your stomach

CJ wrote about a similar experience in this thread
    MODERATOR AT YOUR SERVICE
    "If you're going to do something tonight, that you know you'll be sorry for in the morning, plan a lie in." Lorraine

Thanks Lory

Wx

PS Read the whole thread.... yip some people have been there all right !!!!
    Last edited by Wendy; 13th-June-2006 at 04:05 PM.

Isn't that just gas?

and my knees usually only tremble when they've been over worked and I need a sit.

However, I'm sure that "If you Dance it, They will come" (sorry Mr Costner!)

Quote Originally Posted by Beowulf1970
    Isn't that just gas?

and my knees usually only tremble when they've been over worked and I need a sit.

However, I'm sure that "If you Dance it, They will come" (sorry Mr Costner!)
    Think I'll just send rep

Wx

I've had some of these dances, too. And it doesn't matter if the entire night up until that dance has been rubbish - after a dance like that I can happily just go home, with the feeling that I've had the most wonderful evening, and a big silly grin on my face. Continuing dancing after a dance like that can be such a dissapointment!

Had a couple of such dances at Southport, and I think you know who you are, guys!

Quote Originally Posted by Little Monkey
    I've had some of these dances, too. And it doesn't matter if the entire night up until that dance has been rubbish - after a dance like that I can happily just go home, with the feeling that I've had the most wonderful evening, and a big silly grin on my face. Continuing dancing after a dance like that can be such a dissapointment!
    Or what about a bad dance afterwards cos you are feeling unfaithful - and not to your life partner but to the other fab dancer You have to take a seat and shoogle your head about to sort that one out !!!!

Wonder if I stood about near them with a t shirt on with "do not approach - he's mine now" they'd be forced to dance with me only me after that Sad I know but it can be too damn good ! Mostly I am quite generous about telling fellow females that so and so is just fab but then sometimes I really want to keep them for myself. It's like the Rolo effect - not sure I'd ever give the last one away

Wx

Quote Originally Posted by Little Monkey
    I felt like that after (trying to) tango at Southport on the Sat evening. It wasn't any one dance or partner - it was a whole zone that I got into. (And different from the late night blues room 'zone' though I can't quite work out why, it'll come to me...) It was a combination of the music (all of which I loved) and actually getting to try to follow in tango for more than one or two tracks, and getting to follow things I'd never tried before, and of course all the lovely men to tango with (no stern looks if I didn't follow as I should have). I think I also attempted some ballroom after that but its all rather a blur. I just know I went back and sat in the chalet feeling 'satisified' dance wise and wouldn't have minded not dancing at all the rest of the evening.

Quote Originally Posted by Wendy
    "sunshine in my stomach" (thank you Phil Collins).
    Point of information.

"I got sunshine in my stomach like I just rocked my baby to sleep..."

is a line from the song 'In the cage' from The lamb lies down on Broadway, all lyrics to which, as I understand it, are (c) Peter Gabriel.

Nice guy, Phil Collins, and one of the Great Rock Drummers. But songwriting talents can't hold a candle to PG.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shnikov
    Point of information.

"I got sunshine in my stomach like I just rocked my baby to sleep..."

is a line from the song 'In the cage' from The lamb lies down on Broadway, all lyrics to which, as I understand it, are (c) Peter Gabriel.

Nice guy, Phil Collins, and one of the Great Rock Drummers. But songwriting talents can't hold a candle to PG.

Thank you. And I am as I like to be accurate about these things.

In my defense, I can only assume Phil Collins did a version when they were down to three (haven't looked it up so being a bit brave in case I get this wrong twice ) cos it's distincly his vocals I can hear in my head when I sing it. I also never owned The Lamb.. I discovered Genesis around the time of Trick of the Tail and then heard the older stuff after. I don't get all uppity about the pre post Gabriel debate. I appreciate all the Genesis variations and used to play Gabriel's solo live album until there were scratches.

Phil Collins is a different animal compared to Peter Gabriel. Peter Gabriel can get a bit up his own a*se for my liking sometimes and there is room in my record collection for both of them. Collins would definitely be the drummer in my band but I'd take Gabriel to a dinner party

Wx
    Last edited by Wendy; 22nd-June-2006 at 01:20 AM.

Thread Information