Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you have a Tattoo?

Re: Do you have a Tattoo?

Quote Originally Posted by azande
    Yeah, I haven't been that good with suncream either...

Another thing, bear in mind the depending on your skin some colours will take on easier and others will not, especially red is a tricky color... fortunately it works well on my skin.
    I decided to stick with black and grey for mine - the original artwork was orange and lime green with black outline - I chose to keep the black outline and substitue grey and skin for the orange and green
    a bad picture of it can be seen here

Bepanthen Antiseptic Cream is the cream that my tattooist recommended

I also have two, one on my right hip and the other on the small of my back. I've had the one on my hip for quite a few years and I'm coming to the conclusion that I don't really like it as much as I did. Thankfully it's not in open sight and I don't see it that much. I still like the one on my back though very much.

I used Savlon cream on both of mine and they healed without any problem.

Dizz, if you are getting a tattoo seriously consider where you'll be having it. My father wasn't too impressed with the idea of me getting a tattoo but was resigned to it and just advised that I have it in a place that if I wanted to hide it I could do so easily.

My brother in law has 9 (at the last count) - he was in the navy . He's found that they can create a poor impression - he has to wear long sleeved shirts all summer long because some of his tattoos are on his forearms.

Most tattooists recommend leaving the dressing on for 24 hours - which I did. After that, on the basis that first aid recommendations are not to use anything on an open wound (which is effectively what a tattoo is!) I decided not to use anything on my second tattoo. After some discussion with the expert who did that one (on my ankle) he actually said that using too much cream would leech the inks out - i.e. fade the tattoo - so if I was going to use anything, only a THIN coat. Also, 'dry' scabs tend to protect and allow healing better than 'wet' ones. As it turned out, the itch whilst healing was maddening (as all wounds itch whilst healing!) so I ended up using a teensy weensy bit of E45 cream to moisturise the new skin. It helped, and I would say that my second tattoo has 'held out' better than the first - it certainly healed faster.

EDIT: Actually, I remember now: I got given a tiny wee pot of cream to use by Tusk (second tattoo) - think it was antiseptic, certainly had the same consistency as E45 (thicker than Savlon) - that was when the 'spread it THIN' discussion happened! I did use that first.

I have one tatoo done years ago. Was black but they do tend to fade to a greeny blue over the years. Didnt hurt me at all. I have a needle phobia too I drew my own tatoo and the tatooist copied it onto my arm. Never regreted having it done.

Donna

Quote Originally Posted by Missy D
    I have one tatoo done years ago. Was black but they do tend to fade to a greeny blue over the years. Didnt hurt me at all. I have a needle phobia too I drew my own tatoo and the tatooist copied it onto my arm. Never regreted having it done.

What did you have done?

I thought about having a rose done once but chickened out. One of my mates had one done in fact, of a rose and ... tweety pie! As she is getting older, tweety pie is now looking rather saggy, so it no longer has the smile on it's face now! That's what put me off.

I love henna though and once was strolling along the beach in Tenerife, when I saw a good look spanish guy doing henna. He done one of a dolphin on my right hip.

I had a plated band done on the top part of my arm. I have to keep going to the gym or it will land up on the back of my hand

i have two tattooes and are very proud of them
    one i had done in south africa
    and touther in huddersfield

they are both about the size of the palm of your hand

(if you have big hand this dose not apply)

both cost about £30 - £50 pounds

im not going to lie they hurt but thing i remember is it only hurt for the elapled time

*****THATS IT*****

after that you reap the benifits

Quote Originally Posted by karlhudds
    after that you reap the benifits
    What are the benefits?
    Let your mind go and your body will follow. – Steve Martin, LA Story

I have the tattoo of two left feet done in invisible ink on my forehead. if you look really really closely.. then you'll be dancing too close and I'll probably tread on your toes.

We've got an internationaly reknown tatoo artist up here (his work has been in books & stuff) and I've been to a few tatoo conventions, but I change my mind too often to settle on one thing. I know a few people with tatoos, but I just like looking through the flash-art.

Quote Originally Posted by Aleks
    . . . but every time I pass a tattoo studio I reconsider; there's something about the smell of a tattoist's that urges me to have another....

I dont have any tattoos, always too chicken, and the fact they are permanent put me off too.
    What does a tattoo parlour smell like?

lx

Quote Originally Posted by BeeBee
    What does a tattoo parlour smell like?

lx
    A mix of antibacterial spray, petroleum jelly and (in my experience) grubby biker leathers . Not everyone's cuppa, but it does it for me!

I have 2, one is my zodiac starsign on my ankle which was an impulse thing (but have never regretted it)

The second is an image of an angel on my left shoulder that was designed by myself that was based on a gift from my ex fiance. It is in black with some white highlights and I love it. Even though it was designed for something else, one can never regret having an angel on ones shoulder.

I have a tattoo

and I really wish I didn't

it was originally and 'doc martin' skin head boot, and it was done with a needle and indian ink in a squat in Birmingham, there was about 7 girls that all had the same and it was done with the same needle, ooooooooooo scary just thinking back now, its was nearly 30 years ago, ho gosh now that IS scary, I had it covered over with a 'little devil' I thought it suterble at the time its almost 25 years old and is horrid, I hate it!!!!

I have 2

The first one I had done when I was 18, its on the top of my right thigh and is my zodiac sign (Scorpio). I still love it now and would never regret having it done

The 2nd is Chinese writing on my lower back, so I don't forget what to order when I have a takeaway

I seriously love them both and am considering getting a 3rd done on my left pelvis. I prefer my tattoos to be where they can easily be hidden as I have to attend a lot of corporate events and occassionally have to look sophisticated and sometimes other peoples views on tattoo's can be the difference between winning or losing that big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by fletch
    I have a tattoo
    and I really wish I didn't
    ~ I thought it suterble at the time its almost 25 years old and is horrid, I hate it!!!!
    If you still like body-art, go to a decent tatoo artist and ask for their advice. Normally, the advice and initial consultation is free. The problem is finding a "decent" one

If you are up here this weekend, I can point you in the right direction.

I have no tattoos and no regrets

I can't say I'm really into them - my son's father has them pretty much all over his arms and torso - front and back - and since a lot were done when he was in the army a lot of them are pretty naff - I'm sure he'd agree.

My present man has a few tattoos - again the naff couple from army days, but he has 2 really beautiful ones on his calves - both done in just black and grey and I think they look very classy.

My son keeps going on about tattoos so no doubt he will go under the needle one day - I'm just hoping he waits til he's legal to get it done!

My hairdresser has a couple of tattoos and she gets them done to mark big occasions in her life - e.g. she got one to commemorate her father when he died. I think that's one of the nicest things I've ever heard about someone getting a tattoo, but sorry to my dad, as much as I love you I ain't going down the tattoo route.

My cousin committed one of the major no-nos of tattoos. He had "Helen" tattooed on his arm, but married Nichola.

Never, I repeat, NEVER have someone's name tattooed on your body!

My ex put his own name on his arm...

You would think nothing could go wrong with that wouldn't you... but then he went AWOL from the army and changed his name to be incognito. Can't remember what he changed it to, but he got a job as a gardner and being outside in all the lovely weather you English get (yep - he was English and it feels so good to say that ) and the woman that employed him asked him why he had another chap's name on his arm

Thread Information