Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New Move - Boob Stroke

Re: New Move - Boob Stroke

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost
    Question for those with more knowledge than me - in Strictly Come Dancing, didn't the hurdler (the guy who did the jumping box split, Colin?) do a "boob stroke" move in one of the routines? Argentine Tango maybe?

If so, it is a dance move. Doing it with a stranger at a Ceroc venue however
    In an exhibition routine hands may go in all kinds of places, but that is hardly a good indicator of what is appropriate at a Ceroc venue. I'd hate to be the lady who had this move tried on her at a social freestyle!

Donna

Quote Originally Posted by David Franklin
    In an exhibition routine hands may go in all kinds of places, but that is hardly a good indicator of what is appropriate at a Ceroc venue. I'd hate to be the lady who had this move tried on her at a social freestyle!

David you make me laugh!!!! Looks good though, but bet if feels terrible!!

Ever wondered how they first started practicing that?!

Papa Smurf
    Blog Entries

I would have thought a good sultry move would be where you looked like you were groping your partner - - sleazy would be where you actually do it

Dickie Davies' love-child Cruella's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Donna
    I think he practised with a bowling ball first.
    (Can't believe i actually posted that)

Quote Originally Posted by Donna
    Sit-lift into lever and then try taking the hand away, I'd imagine. (I'm pretty certain his hand isn't actually where most of you seem to think).

Quote Originally Posted by Gus
    Interestingly, met up with a Kiwi mate of mine. Her information is that there is a trend in Australia to teach Dirty Dancing' moves which are not far removed from groping on the floor. Are we heading back towards the abyss once more?
    Well, during my last visit to Melbourne a few weeks back, at my last dance night there, there was a guy who I am not sure where he came from. Anyway, he 'demonstrated' scaring the hell out of Cat (franchise owner). For a couple of moves it was fun to watch but it became more condescending with each move he did. But this was also the only person with such a bad taste I have seen.

Talking of which, the night before we watched a video of Stricly Sinful (?) and as tasteless as the OZ guy's moves may have been. Watching that tape had me laugh and at the same time left me in total disbelieve how

1. somebody can stand on a stage, run his hand down a woman's chest, through her legs, up the bum and back and then call it a move!

2. people actually get to attend such a 'workshop'!

The funny bit about it was that he actually tried to explain 'technique' and even put an emphasis on it. As if it matters that the lady does a turn with her legs closed only to open them when he puts his hand there!

Considering that this is an annual event (? or more frequent?) in the UK, I'd find it wrong to pass the ball down-under. Pun intended.

Quote Originally Posted by Andreas
    Well, during my last visit to Melbourne a few weeks back, at my last dance night there, there was a guy who I am not sure where he came from. Anyway, he 'demonstrated' scaring the hell out of Cat (franchise owner). For a couple of moves it was fun to watch but it became more condescending with each move he did. But this was also the only person with such a bad taste I have seen.
    he comes from Sydney - and has known Cat for a number of years. it did become rather off putting after the first couple of moves

Donna

Quote Originally Posted by Cruella
    I think he practised with a bowling ball first.
    (Can't believe i actually posted that)

neither can I!!! but that is so funny! Have rep!

Quote Originally Posted by MartinHarper
    I'm trying to visualise how this would happen, but I can't see it. When I've seen others do this move, the contact has been around the armpit area, rather than the breast area; it seems like a guy would have to take a fairly significant detour to get a grope in. I can see it making women uncomfortable, due to the proximity. Kinda like small of back vs bum thing.
    I have done that with my girlfriend, I think but neither of us felt inclined to call it 'move'. Though maybe that was related to the environment but I may just be shy.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadful Scathe
    I would have thought a good sultry move would be where you looked like you were groping your partner - - sleazy would be where you actually do it

On a Basket Lady Caress (I think it is called that; where you are in a Basket and then do a Lady Comb and stroke your hand down her arm) I once went a little to far in with my hand when dancing with Aleks and I was mortified . It seems a little to personal to me to do these sorts of moves; even with my partner I'd not be particularly comfortable doing that on the dance floor.

Quote Originally Posted by killingtime
    On a Basket Lady Caress (I think it is called that; where you are in a Basket and then do a Lady Comb and stroke your hand down her arm) I once went a little to far in with my hand when dancing with Aleks and I was mortified . It seems a little to personal to me to do these sorts of moves; even with my partner I'd not be particularly comfortable doing that on the dance floor.
    It's funny, I'd not come across that move until a few weeks ago, when it was done in one of the intermediate classes at Clapham. Now it seems it's done everytime I go dancing, wherever that is, by people I've danced with alot and never before. Do these moves get communicated telepathically around the Ceroc community?

Quote Originally Posted by Twirly
    . Do these moves get communicated telepathically around the Ceroc community?
    Well as a girl you aren't part of the "What Moves We Are Going To Do" section of the forum where we talk about all the moves we are going to do across the whole of the UK. It has videos and everything .

Well, you lot may find this very difficult to believe but i am totally against any kind of move that may be interperted as "touching up" your dance partner.

I can't think of any reason/excuse for a bloke (or even a girl) to start feeling up their partner and say that it is part of a move, unless they already know each other well and are comfortable doing those moves. I hope Gus found the perpetrator and gave him a good talking to (if not a thump).

As a taxi dancer, i have had many occassions where i have had to "rescue" girls from the pervs that seem to lurk around in a lot of venues, insisting that these guys are not the norm.

*rant over*
    *gets off soap box*
    *goes back to watching the telly*

Formerly known as DavidJames David Bailey's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by killingtime
    Well as a girl you aren't part of the "What Moves We Are Going To Do" section of the forum where we talk about all the moves we are going to do across the whole of the UK. It has videos and everything .
    Damnit, you told her!

Quote Originally Posted by Asif
    I can't think of any reason/excuse for a bloke (or even a girl) to start feeling up their partner and say that it is part of a move, unless they already know each other well and are comfortable doing those moves..
    Well said sir. As opne of my mates said, if you want a grope either pay for it or do it at home with your partner but either way DON'T do it on the dnacefloor ... touching someone up on the dancefloor is not something that should be condoned (IMHO) .... unless someones so sad thats how they get their kicks ...

I've lost count of the number of times I have pointedly moved a guy's hand up from my backside to my waist - I mean, I know I'm tall and he's not used to having to lift his hand that far but I would have thought my arse was big enough that you could tell it from my waist . Unfortunately it is sometimes hard to tell whether it's genuine 'error' or deliberate - if it happens a second time in a dance I will remark "I'm tall, my waist is higher than average". If you're quick, you can put your hand behind your back and in the way anyway

Commercial Operator

Quote Originally Posted by LMC
    I've lost count of the number of times I have pointedly moved a guy's hand up from my backside to my waist - I mean, I know I'm tall and he's not used to having to lift his hand that far but I would have thought my arse was big enough that you could tell it from my waist . Unfortunately it is sometimes hard to tell whether it's genuine 'error' or deliberate - if it happens a second time in a dance I will remark "I'm tall, my waist is higher than average". If you're quick, you can put your hand behind your back and in the way anyway
    LMC,

I had problems telling your arse from your face, so arse to waist is potentially problematic, too!!

Damnit, I'm sooooooooooooo getting slapped!!!!!!!!

I don't remember you putting your hand on my face CJ - or couldn't you reach that high? Meow.

My waist is definitely different from either of my arses, even if it is just as squidgy.

Donna

Quote Originally Posted by LMC
    I don't remember you putting your hand on my face CJ - or couldn't you reach that high? Meow.

My waist is definitely different from either of my arses, even if it is just as squidgy.

Oh god this is making me laugh so much! All I can say to CJ's comment is exactly what you said - "Meeaaoowwww!!!!"

Thread Information