Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Summer dancing

Re: Summer dancing

Well this is a tricky question for me.

I'm a congenital anosmic, I was born without any sense of smell what so ever. However, just because I can't smell doesn't mean I don't smell (if you follow)

I made the mistake of going dancing in my work clothes last night and I have to say I was.. erm.. "moist" to say the least. I did have a shower before I left but I can't imagine I'd be awfully fresh by the end of the night.

As I've no frame of reference I've been told that "new sweat" doesn't smell it's only "stale sweat"? I am probably wrong in this assumption. Next week though if it's going to be as hot again I'll be taking a spray of deoderant and a change (or more than one) of T-Shirts. I saw a lot of blokes changing their shirts last night.. As I can't tell if I'm smelly I do get a bit paranoid about this..

As per Lory's suggestion on the other thread - find a "BO buddy" - someone you trust to be honest with you, who you know well enough to allow them to have a quick sniff, and who is able to use the same bathroom facilities without eyebrows being raised (I'm not getting into the sex/gender argument AGAIN). I know Lory was joking. But it's actually quite useful!

And if someone smells, tell them. I've done this with completely unknown men. You don't have to make a big deal of it - just tell them quietly and politely. I would much rather know - even then I would wonder how long people have been avoiding dancing with me/bitching about my "fragrance" behind my back

I hope I never get nastily niffy. But I'm sorry to say that I do get damp. Dancing is physical exercise, it kind of goes with the territory IMO. Unless a lead is really dripping and is being inconsiderate with their moves (slo combs ) then I'd let it be - and if I'm asked to dance before having a chance to dry off, I hope others would cut me some slack when I'm a bit sweaty as well

Lory recommended DriClor to stop sweating. It's great stuff and works, but I have found it KILLS my skin. And it tends to leak once opened Arrid cream takes a couple of days longer to take a long-term effect and is a bit stickier, but seems to be a bit kinder to the skin and is more portable!

BTW, Stevenage (also Ceroc Metro) supplies deodorants too
    Last edited by LMC; 8th-June-2006 at 09:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LMC
    BTW, Stevenage (also Ceroc Metro) supplies deodorants too
    As does Muswell Hill - definitely not CerocMetro.

Quote Originally Posted by Beowulf1970
    Well this is a tricky question for me.

I'm a congenital anosmic, I was born without any sense of smell what so ever. However, just because I can't smell doesn't mean I don't smell (if you follow)

I made the mistake of going dancing in my work clothes last night and I have to say I was.. erm.. "moist" to say the least. I did have a shower before I left but I can't imagine I'd be awfully fresh by the end of the night.

As I've no frame of reference I've been told that "new sweat" doesn't smell it's only "stale sweat"? I am probably wrong in this assumption. Next week though if it's going to be as hot again I'll be taking a spray of deoderant and a change (or more than one) of T-Shirts. I saw a lot of blokes changing their shirts last night.. As I can't tell if I'm smelly I do get a bit paranoid about this..
    Beowulf - I would expect your precautions to be more than adequate to keep you smelling sweet If you're worried, ask a good friend to let you know if you need to freshen up a bit.

Another tip for the guys, or even the girls actually. Saw a guy last night wearing chino style trousers, and he had a HUGE sweat patch all down the back of them! Am sure he probably didn't smell at all, but am afraid that the "I've wet myself" look ain't a good one

Glasgow, im my lovely little flat that I share with Ali! Photos of it on my bebo. Like Glasgow except the rain LOL

Linden Voss Triple Dry Roll-On Deodorant
    doesnt sting like dricolour (or however u spell it lol)

Thread Information