Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Following?

Versailles (yeah, in the chateau itself !)
    Originally posted by Aleks
    I refuse to name any names .....but I have been spending time with dancers who would like it "just so".
    No-one is perfect. Maybe I just give myself a hard time about it!
    I find the "perfect" dancers just smile when I get it oh sooo wrong !!! Makes it quite fun !!! The other "perfectionists" you talk about would be better dancing by themselves as only then would they meet their own high standards !!

Wx

Originally posted by TheTramp
    Ladies who are dancing with me, aren't allowed to ever say sorry. It is all suppose to be fun, and also, when it comes down to it, we're leading, so if anything goes wrong, then it's our fault for not leading well enough (or not picking the moves we do to reflect the ability of the person we're dancing with).
    With you 110% - I really don't like it when a lady appologises; it means I've screwed up somewhere and they've thought that it was them.
    I prefer a laugh or smile/grin when they wonder what was meant to hapen and see where the recovery goes to (If I do it well enough, I can even pass it off as an intentional move! )

[The other "perfectionists" you talk about would be better dancing by themselves as only then they would meet their own high standards !!

Wx [/B][/QUOTE]
    Sometimes when I dance with you I feel as if you are dancing with yourself!!

Originally posted by Blue34
    [The other "perfectionists" you talk about would be better dancing by themselves as only then they would meet their own high standards !!

Wx
    Sometimes when I dance with you I feel as if you are dancing with yourself!! [/B][/QUOTE]

Yip !!!

(Well what's a girl to do if her partner spends the entire dance looking at HIMSELF in the mirror ?????)

Wxxx

Originally posted by Wendy
    Sometimes when I dance with you I feel as if you are dancing with yourself!!
    Yip !!!

Wxxx [/B][/QUOTE]

That's only when are mirrors around!!

Originally posted by Blue34
    Yip !!!

Wxxx
    That's only when are mirrors around!! [/B][/QUOTE]

Edited my post before you sent that !!!

lol !!!!

Wxxxx

B.T.C.
    Originally posted by Aleks
    I refuse to name any names .....but I have been spending time with dancers who would like it "just so".
    No-one is perfect. Maybe I just give myself a hard time about it!

Sounds as if you do !

Sometimes the dancers who want the moves 'just so' are the very ones who can't actually lead or follow very well. It's useful for all of us to be reminded from time to time that we are doing it for fun !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

However,.........when it goes wrong on stage it can be a tad embarrassing:sorry For the second class in a row I kind of messed up with Lisa. She started the beginners class with one move and I started it with the first move from the Intermediate class which we had just run through. Luckily Lisa remained composed while I tried to think abotu hwat I shoudl ahve eben doing.

Think we just about got away with it but it was still fun and everyone coped.

AS for men dancing as followers - a good idea and one that several men have suggested before. Strange that our less macho culture is more afraid of men/men dancing yet more macho cultures appear to have no problems with it. Don't male salsa, tango and flamenco dancers start out dancing with each other until they are good enough to dance with a woman ????

Anyway, only another couple of hours and then on holiday for 2 weeks.

Originally posted by Bill

Glasgow on the 12th will be on your schedule I hope ????

Wx

Holiday!

Oooooh, holiday!!! Me too, but only one week in Egypt for me. No dancing, though. Purely a sun, sea & diving trip. Hopefully the war stays put and doesn't make it's way west-wards.

Bill, it would be nice to round up a few Forum friends for when you & Fran are in London, so please keep everyone posted as to where & when. The usual haunts (feedback please, London cerocers) are Jongleurs or Finchley on Mondays, choice of Hipsters/Fulham/Jive Bar/O2 on Tuesdays, Hipsters/Ashtons/Jive Bar on Wednesdays, Fulham or Jive Bar on Thursdays and Casbah or St Marys Fridays.

I'd love to keep your visit a secret so's I can have you all to myself (well, of course Fran has first refusal ), but that would be selfish!

LilyB

B.T.C.
    Originally posted by Wendy
    Glasgow on the 12th will be on your schedule I hope ????

Wx
    Would love to .........but not sure exactly where I'll be then !!! I'll be back from Barcelona but may have to get back to Aberdeen to feed the mog and give him a cuddle

And then it's London and Manchester and the lovely Lily and Davidb have kindly offered to put us up so I'll be down south from Monday 14th till Sunday 20th.

Can't wait........................ but really hope to get back to Glasgow soon for some more fab dances.

I can wait....

Wxxxx

B.T.C.

Re: Holiday!

Originally posted by LilyB
    Bill, it would be nice to round up a few Forum friends for when you & Fran are in London, so please keep everyone posted as to where & when. The usual haunts (feedback please, London cerocers) are Jongleurs or Finchley on Mondays, choice of Hipsters/Fulham/Jive Bar/O2 on Tuesdays, Hipsters/Ashtons/Jive Bar on Wednesdays, Fulham or Jive Bar on Thursdays and Casbah or St Marys Fridays.

LilyB
    OOOOOOh..........so much choice !!!!!!!!!! Would love to go to Hipsters one or both nights ( Tues/Wed) but as my seminar won't finish till late on the MOnday I may not have time for dancing on Monday

Will be heading up to Manchester ( well Hale) to take advanatge of Laura's hospitality and then to Stockport for their party on the Saturday. Great venue and wonderful dancers..............I can't believe how excited I'm getting

Enjoy Egypt Lily and see you on the 14th. have a good easter everyone

The Forum Legend
    but may have to get back to Aberdeen to feed the mog and give him a cuddle
    David Hancock or Niall??

Steve

Commercial Operator

However,.........when it goes wrong on stage it can be a tad embarrassing:sorry For the second class in a row I kind of messed up with Lisa. She started the beginners class with one move and I started it with the first move from the Intermediate class which we had just run through. Luckily Lisa remained composed while I tried to think abotu hwat I shoudl ahve eben doing.
    Think we just about got away with it but it was still fun and everyone coped.

Yes siree........just what I said, even the best have an off night Just think how all those watching felt when they realised that even old BTC Bill can make mistakes but it was still fun, which is the important thing...and I bet it didn't spoil anyones enjoyment of the night

B.T.C.
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by Bill
    [B]Sounds as if you do !

Luckily Lisa remained composed while I tried to think abotu hwat I shoudl ahve eben doing.

Mmmmmmmm....just how many mistakes can a person make in one short sentence

If a student had handed this in to me I'd have sent it back for remediation. At least now I have an excuse....it's late, I've been drinking and the mog seems keen to type this for me he might make a better job of it !

Mistakes!!!

At least you noticed your mistakes!!!

Heather.

Carla
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by Bill
    [B]
    I've been drinking and the mog seems keen to type this for me he might make a better job of it !
    You have a pussy?

Originally posted by Carla
    You have a pussy?
    Well Bill?? Straightforward question???

Sandy

Sandy, given that yours spins round and round in a manic fashion, I thought you would have stayed off this thread!

Originally posted by John S
    Sandy, given that yours spins round and round in a manic fashion, I thought you would have stayed off this thread!
    I beg yer puddin! Mine was sedated and put down long ago! However, they do have more than 1 life so who knows!

Sandy

Thread Information