Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Men dancing with men

The Forum Legend

Re: Men dancing with men

I find this talk of ladies 'getting annoyed' if guys dance together, and don't dance with the ladies to be somewhat disturbing to be honest.

What right do you have to expect the guys to do what you want them to do?

If they want to do something else, then surely that's up to them. Last time I looked, I wasn't owned.....

The Forum Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Bubbalou
    It won't be long before Ceroc start a category for this at the Champs??
    Some Australian competitions have this already. It's usually called Battle of the Sexes.

I had my partner all sorted out for the competition in June, before finding out that this particular company isn't one of the ones that do.

Hoping that the competition in Brisbane in September does have the category.

Omnipotent Moderator Tiggerbabe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheTramp
    I find this talk of ladies 'getting annoyed' if guys dance together, and don't dance with the ladies to be somewhat disturbing to be honest.

I think if you read back the thread Steve, none of the ladies have said that they "get annoyed". Like myself, most of them would rather not be dancing and watch, it's fun. Best one I've seen so far was Franck and David B but I've enjoyed all the times I've seen guys dancing together.

Don't worry, if a song comes on I really want to dance to and you lot are dancing with each other, I'll ask one of the girls to dance with me

Often I'll suggest to a guy that he asks a good "lead" to dance with him so that he can feel exactly what it is that makes the other bloke "good". I can lead them "so far" but I'm nowhere near as good as you guys are
    "If you rebel against high heels, take care to do so in a very smart hat.'' George Bernard Shaw

The Forum Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Tiggerbabe
    I think if you read back the thread Steve, none of the ladies have said that they "get annoyed". Like myself, most of them would rather not be dancing and watch, it's fun. Best one I've seen so far was Franck and David B but I've enjoyed all the times I've seen guys dancing together.

Don't worry, if a song comes on I really want to dance to and you lot are dancing with each other, I'll ask one of the girls to dance with me

Often I'll suggest to a guy that he asks a good "lead" to dance with him so that he can feel exactly what it is that makes the other bloke "good". I can lead them "so far" but I'm nowhere near as good as you guys are
    Well, there was one who said that she might. And one guy who said that if he was a woman, he might too....

But I was also drawing on other conversations I've heard away from the forum....

Omnipotent Moderator Tiggerbabe's Avatar

But I was also drawing on other conversations I've heard away from the forum....
    Aw, well - for me "carry on" - I enjoy watching, it's good entertainment and I promise not to get annoyed.
    "If you rebel against high heels, take care to do so in a very smart hat.'' George Bernard Shaw

The Forum Legend

Aw, well - for me "carry on" - I enjoy watching, it's good entertainment and I promise not to get annoyed.
    Will do. Thank you. And if you ever want to lead.....

TiggsTours

If they want to do something else, then surely that's up to them. Last time I looked, I wasn't owned.....
    I've just read through this whole thread, having only just seen it for the first time, and I haven't seen one comment saying that women do get annoyed by 2 men dancing together, infact all I've seen is the exact opposite!

Bee in a bonnet, by any chance?

The Forum Legend

Quote Originally Posted by TiggsTours
    I've just read through this whole thread, having only just seen it for the first time, and I haven't seen one comment saying that women do get annoyed by 2 men dancing together, infact all I've seen is the exact opposite!

Bee in a bonnet, by any chance?
    Try reading on the next couple of posts....

It doesn't bother me at all.

I enjoy watching guys dance together, some times they look great and other times it's just funny!

I think if you read back the thread Steve, none of the ladies have said that they "get annoyed". Like myself, most of them would rather not be dancing and watch, it's fun.
    Well presumably because it is still novel. I don't tend sit out and watch women dancing together (maybe I should ). The original question was about women getting annoyed... though it was just that, a question. There was a little bit of "we might get annoyed if there was no guys available" in the Men dancing as followers thread.

I've only once been at a venue where all the women were dancing and there were men sitting out (I couldn't tell you if any women were dancing with other women) so I don't really know what it is like. I suppose when I'm looking to dance with someone in particular I might see her dancing with a woman but I just think "she's not available" rather than worry about the sex of her partner.

I can lead them "so far" but I'm nowhere near as good as you guys are
    I think you are a really clear and strong lead . I was surprised at just how clear a lead I was getting with you when we were dancing down at Storm .

Commercial Operator

Well, as my original post stated, I was just curious as to how the ladies felt about 2 guys dancing together if there was a shortage of men. I also stated that i have been "guilty" of this myself on occasion. I am not saying it's wrong, or having a pop at anyone in particular , just thought it would be nice to know if some ladies felt put out by it. Now I know that some do and some don't, which answers my question

Registered User El Salsero Gringo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dance Demon
    which answers my question
    You mean you actually had a question answered on the Forum? I'm going to have to sit down for a minute, I feel that faint.

Quote Originally Posted by El Salsero Gringo
    You mean you actually had a question answered on the Forum? I'm going to have to sit down for a minute, I feel that faint.

Thankfully I'm already sitting.

Must have been asking the wrong question.

Learning the "other" role is extremely enlightening for improving your main role (whether leader or follower) and gives you a sympathy for the difficulties of being in that "other" role. Certainly, I have had far more patience with limited leaders since I have had my eyes opened to how difficult it actually is to lead. If it's an easy track (I have zero musicality as a lead ) then I'm happy to reverse roles

Shame that two men dancing is rare enough for people to watch.

Thread Information